Thread: A day in the life of an 80 y/o CD and maybe a wakeup call for u?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation A day in the life of an 80 y/o CD and maybe a wakeup call for u?

Please bear with me. I may meander but try and follow me, there's a point to it all. Especially if you're over weight and/or out of shape!

Sunday was just another Sherry day for me but mite seem extraordinary to some folks. I did my 1/2 hour morning routine of 200 crunches, various stretching excersizes, and special ones that physical therapists taught me to make my failing old back, knees, shoulders, and legs operate normally again. My backs better than it was 30 years ago! All of this done comfortably lying on my back on the floor.

Afterwards I went online and drank my morning tea. Followed by breakfast while reading today's LA Times. Then, I set out my outfit and all the other gear for my shoot today. I needed to wait until the sun came out and to digest my breakfast. My belly's flatter and I don't get nauseous wearing corsets and/or very tite girdles and waist cinchers if I don't eat or drink before a shoot!

Around noon I began getting dressed. It takes me about 1/2 hour to get all my shaping gear and the silicone suit on. Then, some clothing over that. It's important to note it was 85 degrees and 87% humidity in the shade. That's very unusual here in SoCal. Plus, I wanted to shoot in full sun. My body, arms, and legs were covered in silicone, add a long wig and rubber gloves. In fact the only parts uncovered were my feet and face! Was I perspiring? Yes, like crazy! My shaping gear soaked up most of it but a lot ran out at my wrists. So, the water proof rubber gloves! This would be an extreme nitemare for many of u. I found it challenging but I've done some more physically difficult shoots!

After I started shooting I spent the next 1 1/2 hours running back and forth between a patio chair and my camera pushing the 10 second timer in 5" spike heels! Was I tired, over heated, and dehydrated? Heck yes! This may sound like pure hell, but because it is, is why I'm amazed that I can still do these things without passing out! (My avatar was shot Sunday!)

Now, here's my point:
    That at age 80 I can still do some very physical things that I enjoy! And, finding anything physical u can both do and enjoy is not common at my age!

I'm NOT here to boast, (well, maybe a little). But, to simply explain what I do to u young whippersnappers! That even tho I'm old and pretty average, I don't work out, jog, or bike miles every week.
    I'm just careful about what I eat and drink and watch my weight. I do a few simple excersizes every morning or 2 and I look and feel good! Remember, how u feel is MUCH more important than your chronological age. Your health is EVERYTHING people!

25 years ago I made gradual changes to my bad eating and drinking habits because I wanted to present as a shapely, pretty, woman. I had to because I was in my 50's when I began dressing and running out of time!

Now, if just one person gets what I'm saying? That u can change your health and your life if u really want to? I'll be very pleased!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 09-12-2023 at 11:02 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A very good interesting post Doc! Thanks
    Crissy

Great advise, Sherry! My revelation came about 23 years ago when I was overweight and thought if I didn't do something I was going to die. Lost 50 pounds in 9 months and started playing amateur ice hockey again. I was doing real good until the pandemic.... when I stopped playing hockey. you know how many calories you burn up in a 2 minute shift? The rest for 2 minutes and do it all over again. Full out. Was amazing and I miss it so much but I am back on the ice for a couple hours of skating a week and am loosing my pandemic weight. I do not eat as good as you but I practice portion control. Not a sin to leave food on your plate. Be nice to fit back into a size 10 dress again!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    Hi Sherry , Age is just a Number and mine is almost 81, I stay very active and don't let age get in the way,

Just a month ago I had a total knee replacement and I am back to Normal,

Dressing and 4" heels is great,

I posted the thread, New Knee , in this section , >Orchid**00**
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 09-12-2023 at 04:18 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Your health is your wealth is a very true saying Sherry. You and Orchid are living proof of what we all can aspire to be .

Sherry, I am 78 and totally get what you are saying. I am not as active as I was even 10 years ago when I would go up in the Rockies and spend the day hiking around above 13,000 feet studying the alpine tundra which is my specialty. Can't do that now - way too high. So I have moved down to around 10,000 feet for my hikes and studies of the forests. I also work hard at maintaining my personal botanic garden in my largish yard. None of that involves much dressing, but on occasion I will take a hike in forests wearing a skirt. The few people I meet think it is cute and are friendly.

What you say is so true. Ten years at our age can make a big difference but it doesn't need to be as bad as many people make it. On the other hand I know some that got hit with some severe problems and now need to be inactive to avoid the risks. Aging in not uniform and it also involves a good deal of good luck. But so long as the luck holds out staying active is amazingly helpful. Then there are those that can run marathons at 85 - great genetics. They are few and far between. My main problems are less efficient oxygen intake at high altitudes and an intolerance for heat. I can work around that.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Does your camera have audio or smile detection? Could save you running back and forth with the timer. Most newish phones can shoot on words like smile, cheese ect. Could save the running back and forth.

Platinum Member
    Excellent advice. Though its no guarantee, as we age good diet, moderate exercise and continued engagement in life are important. Or as one book on aging well said, do less more often.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    Sherry - you need to get yourself a wireless remote shutter to take your pictures.
    I have one for my digital camera and it makes taking portraits/family photos so much easier.
    It's small enough to hide in the palm of your hand and you can also set a delay on the shutter so you have time to get it out of sight.

Blue, I read and responded to your new knee post. Congrats that that's going so well for u! I was lucky to get a virtual new knee about 2 years ago using physical therapy.

Gretchen, yes of course luck and genes have a lot to with health as u age! I'm happy to hear that u r able to continue exploring your passions in your golden years, too!

Genifer and Racquel, I recently purchased a top of the line Samsung phone just for it's camera. Only to find out it's great for selfies and low lite pics but not as good for photos at distance as my Panasonic Lumex camera!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 09-12-2023 at 08:41 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry, I definitely get it. I’m extremely active, and less than a year younger than you. My weight this morning was 135 lbs and I’m 5’ 8”. With a normal waist 5” less than my unpadded hips it’s quite easy to achieve a feminine figure. Now if I could only do something about the senior citizen face.

About photography, take a look at www.camranger.com Their device connects to some cameras and allows you to see what the camera does on your phone, tablet or computer. Besides being able to control your camera settings from your device you can view the images it gets without running back and forth. I’ve got one of the older models and it works well.

Glenda

Glenda, I'm SO JEALOUS of your slim waist. I have to wear a tite laced corset to even come close to your natural one!

I'm aware of those camera devices. I used one in a shoot years ago. And, had to spend hours editing out me holding my phone pointed at my camera!

Plus, they operate using Wifi. Which doesn't work outside my house!

Thank You for this post. I've been wondering about these types of things as I begin to enter later phases of life. I find your insights very inspirational and insightful. Makes me very optimistic of the years to come.

Banned Read only
    Every week I scanned the obituary page. I am stunned by those people who are younger than my 76. Sherry's routine will definitely keep the old ticker going. Keeping active is good medicine for longevity. I will add, if you've not done some strenuous activity for some time, I recommend getting a good physical to make sure your body is up to it. There was a study I read many years ago where doctors recommended cardio activities, but upon referral to other specialties there was a potential for structural damage to other systems. Stay with low impact activities to avoid damage to joints.

Doc, nice piece of life, it's very interesting to see how you live your shooting sessions from the inside of your costume. What you do at 80 is a bit incredible indeed. You seem strong but may be treating your body a bit roughly. Heat and dehydration aren't good for the heart, and while drinking and perspiring will keep the body temperature under control, perspiration is taxing for the body. Take good care of yourself. But otherwise I agree with the message.

Sherry, thanks for the reminder. I must admit you've inspired me a little.

If it's ok, I'd like to add a thought...

First,
    I live by myself and work 100% remote, so I dress all the time. That being said,
    1-I do not pass, probably never will, and am content with that,
    2-There's another thread active right now about fantasies while we dress. I have all kinds of fantasies while I'm dressed. They have turned into quite the hobby, as many are now short stories and novella's...

Fantasies are about creating that which you desire.
    The connection to Sherry's message is that creating is just as important to a long life as staying physically active and healthy.
    You may not write, but there are so many other ways to be creative. What did you like to do as a child? Finger paint, water colors, playdough(pottery), make things with Lego's
    Do it again. It doesn't have to be great or even good. The joy and value is in the creating, keeping your mind active.
    Maybe after your morning workout and your coffee, you can do some pottery, or paint, or, who knows, write.
    The point is to do something, anything, just create...

PS. I've mentioned my writing in other threads, so before you ask, please DM me if you want more information. I, and the mods, will appreciate it.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Stephanie, it's not just staying active that keeps u young. It's finding and doing things that u r passionate about!
    And, judging from my friends that r near my age? That becomes increasingly difficult as u age. I'm lucky to have been in my 50's before discovering CDing!

Diane, where did u get your info about dehydration and over heating? Since i have low blood pressure and passed out in a club 5 years ago, I try to remain reasonably hydrated. But, my doc has never expressed a concern about my heart RE my being dehydrated!?

Wonderful post, Shelby! Because what u say is so true.
    But, what u don't know is I'm already very active, writing nearly every day!
    I write kinky, funny, and often bizarre picto stories starring Sherry. She's been in more trouble than "Perils of Pauline"! And, played more female characters than I can recall or even count!

The reason u don't see that here is that we r not allowed to post more than 10 photos at a time and most of my picto stories r over 150 frames with dialog. Plus, they r mostly R or X rated!
    If u ever visit my Fetlife Page you'd find I have over 6,000 photos posted there. Most in convoluted, kinky, picto stories!

It's something that I read and heard repeatedly in medical articles or on TV. You don't want to drink too little, and if you have a heart problem you may be limited in your fluid intakes as well. I browsed the web quickly and here is an article about it (this is for people with a heart condition, but it gives some explanations): https://www.umms.org/bwmc/health-ser...-heart-failure. In France we recently had a series of young people harvesting grapes in the Champagne region who died from a cardiac failure due to overheat and dehydration. Can't link the articles because they're in French.
    Anyway, not to frighten you, just to tell you to take care of yourself and go easy when it gets hot.
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner