Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halloween is coming soon

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Halloween used to be extra special. Now because I go out all the time it's the one time I get seen differently like I'm just doing this for Halloween. Hard to get taken seriously.

Just my opinion but I think if a CDer thinks they should just "dress like a woman" for Halloween, they are missing an opportunity for some fun.

Halloween is my hubby's favorite because he dresses in women's costumes and really gets into the spirit of the holiday. He looks for parties and events to attend and has a great time.

I wont be going out for Haloween.
    If all goes according to plan. I will be traveling with my
    friend, Down the east coast, seeing the sights.
    That will be good enough for me.

Maybe next year
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Yesterday we learned the gated community we live in will have a costume party for Halloween. I told my wife it would be a great chance for me to go out cross dressed. She thought otherwise. I won't be going out dressed to this event or any other. Oh well, if a girl doesn't ask, she can never get permission.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

This might be the year to dress as Barbie. Too bad I don?t have a place to go.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    Just my opinion but I think if a CDer thinks they should just "dress like a woman" for Halloween, they are missing an opportunity for some fun.

Halloween is my hubby's favorite because he dresses in women's costumes and really gets into the spirit of the holiday. He looks for parties and events to attend and has a great time.
    Totally agree, char!

Natal men like us here simply dressing up as a woman is *not* a costume for Halloween.

Instead, dressing up as a woman who is dressing up *for Halloween*, is the only appropriate costume!

Now that I'm older, I don't do the costume thing as much as I used to during Halloween's past. And when I do now, it's not really going out to parties or clubs or whatever anymore. Nope, just kinda staying around the home-front these days.

Last year a GG-neighbor-friend of mine & I got all dolled up & hung out at both our homes. My costume was pretty basic & simple: Girl-mode, girl-clothes, and a cat-ear headband!

But, we still had lots of fun.

This year? Looking at something similar -- only this time, maybe hanging out at my work-bestie's house, passing out candy to the trick-or-treaters, and stuff, as a fun girls-night-in?

Obviously she'll be getting all Halloween'ed-up, too. Her adult-daughter is welcome. We'll just keep her hubby in another part of the house!

She's only seen a pic of "her" before -- never in-person.

Yet.

Anyway, don't be afraid to go for it this time, people... It's only Halloween in the year 2023, ya know!

Platinum Member
    Half the time, Halloween is spoiled by sleet and snow. I am giving myself a treat on Halloween. I am getting a makeover and a wig styling by my hair stylist. Then maybe a glass of wine and an early dinner
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The only thing I miss from having to commute to work is going fully crossdressed for halloween.

That was only a day a year, though. I'm much happier working from home.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Debs View Post
    Yes thanks to you Americans, we was fine on halloween with our cut out turnips and a games in the house like bobbing for apples. Then in the eighties the kids in the uk started to cotton onto the American style trick or treat, and it grew, now its massive and gangs of kids go round at night terrorising people trick or treat, no treat they egg the house kick stuff over in the gardens etc, its a nightmare. anyway gone off track now, lol. Ive never seen any one in the uk using halloween as cover, mind you we turn all the lights out pretend were not in then we dont get terrorised !!!!. Here in the uk we dont need an excuse to go out dressed we just do it.
    It's too bad something as harmless and fun as Halloween has been ruined in your area. Throughout my life it's been fun for most and ignored by the rest everywhere I've lived. I've never experienced or witnessed or even heard complaints about vandalism related to the holiday beyond the occasional toilet-papering (of which I was often a participant)

I went to a party as Alice in Wonderland once, and I was a big hit. I could see going just as a regular woman as well even though many here don't see the point of that, but it's a moot point as my wife no longer has any interest in doing anything for Halloween, so we don't.

Like Steffi, I go to a meetup every halloween fully dressed. Last year I went as a flapper.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Heather76 View Post
    Yesterday we learned the gated community we live in will have a costume party for Halloween. I told my wife it would be a great chance for me to go out cross dressed. She thought otherwise. I won't be going out dressed to this event or any other. Oh well, if a girl doesn't ask, she can never get permission.
    The first time I went to Keystone I asked my wife for permission. Thankfully, she did give permission. I planned on going even if she didn't give her permission. My plan was to go anyhow and ask for forgiveness.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.