Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a chat

Just a chat

Have a few questions to ask
    One how does everyone feel about the use of FaceApp?
    Please just talk to the me in this thread as this topic in the past brings arguments.
    We do have in place you need to say FaceApp used when posting.
    My personal opinion is I think it is a great tool for those who want to erase a beard, add makeup & hair for the times you cannot dress or .But I strongly dislike the posts where it completely changes your face.
    ( all a sudden you look like a 18 yr old but you really are 70) To me it is no different to those years ago put someone else?s head on their body ?..this just ruins it for others IMO.
    Just being nosey nothing is changing there ( right now )most use it to enhance.
    Again direct your comments to me ( and the mods) no fighting over it.

My next question is would you all be interested in a Theme thread in the gallery?
    Sherlyn used to do this and was so much fun.
    It would not interfere with your gallery post ( every seven days.)
    I was thinking the first one would be - Its Fall Y?all- - pictures of you and fall leaves, pumpkins, fall toe nails, fall outfits ect . It is fun to see what ideas you come up with.
    Next month Halloween.

Thanks
    Di
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I have heard the for and against arguments and understand peoples position on it. Personally, it is not something that interests me because I only dress up when I am going out to meet and hang out with people. Faceapp does not do anything to help me with that.

I could go for Halloween theme etc. I was just looking at Elvira costumes ; )

Sandi

Banned Read only
    I think a theme section is a good idea. It would lead to more creativity as to attire and background. It may lead to an informal contest of who is wearing the "Best Witch" non-commercial costume, etc.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have never tried FaceApp, Di. But, in my case it's pointless. Why waste time trying to fix my homely, old man face when I can put on a pretty, young, female one in seconds?

And, instead of having one photo? I can take 1,000's in as many locations, outfits, and poses as I like!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't post pics anymore so that probably skews (and maybe invalidates) my opinion, but I don't like it at all. Might as well post a pic of some GG and claim it's you. Of course, I come for the days of Polaroids or film, and there was no fooling anybody with that stuff. If all one wants is pics, FaceApp just makes it entirely too easy and entirely unrealistic, and it's not just FaceApp. I don't have even the rudimentary skills to do it, but from what I understand it's pretty easy to modify anything and everything to make your pics look nothing like the real you. I'm sure the younger ones get tired of these "back in the day" posts, but there was a time not long ago when there was no fakery, and we actually had to work on hair, makeup, body, and clothes, and often the resulting pics were pretty disappointing. That just meant we had to work harder, or make corrections we could easily overlook in the mirror.

I don't mind face app but I think we should be told it's used.

If I look at a photo and it's too good to be true I just scroll on. Bit like some of the worded posts I guess some are true some are not 🤔

Although I don't post pictures, I do have an opinion on the question of FaceApp or any digital tool to alter the reality of a photograph.

I fully support Rhonda Jean's rationale.

If FaceApp or any other tool is used to alter the reality of a photograph, it should be labeled as such on each and every altered photograph.

Last, I like the idea of a Theme thread in the gallery. Sounds like fun.

Thanks for asking.
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

Thanks everyone
    Seems most feel like I do….and yes they have to say FaceApp is used.

AWESOME
    Everyone seems to like the theme idea.
    I look forward to seeing everyone’s ideas for each theme .
    Probably start it tomorrow so be thinking of ideas.
    I will keep it up a month then start a new theme.
    If you have themes you want pm me.
    I have a few ideas.
    Let’s have fun!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator

I feel totally ambivalent about FaceApp. It doesn't change one's appearance more than a wig does and nobody here has a problem with wigs. It's just a non-issue to me.

A theme thread would be fine, but since I don't post photos, I'm the wrong audience for that. I'd probably browse the thread and might occasionally comment, but I can't think of a theme that I'd be likely to get excited about.

Platinum Member
    I think it is ok for someone to use FaceApp privately, if they, for example, want to experiment with their appearance. I am less than enthusiastic about its use in pictures posted here.

Re: themed thread. It could be fun, even though I probably would not post pictures in it very often. But who knows, maybe it would be inspiring and fun.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 09-14-2023 at 11:44 AM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    I'm in the Rhonda Jean camp on FaceApp. Posting pics is a big motivator for me to work harder on my appearance.
    Maybe add a new section in the gallery for FaceApp posts.

Bring on the Theme Thread!

Emily

I enjoy playing with FaceApp.
    In fact, my avatar is a FaceApp derivative run through I think Viola to get the current look.

I'm not trying to fool anybody, it was just extremely validating for me to see a woman's face that so closely resembled mine.
    It gives me hope that, even at my age, it just might be possible.

As far as posting pictures (not something I do), I don't see it as much different than Doc becoming Sherry, but then, she is very honest and open about what she does and how.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Theme idea is good, but like the cavat of noting that it is a modified image. I never use photos or post photos because of the data mining of photo images. Remember the old days when a photographer had to get permission to take someone's photo and display it? Alas that has disappeared, but it would make the world a friendlier place.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Di, all due respect, sounds like your post is just a rule list for the site. As crossdressers, we find an experience in being outside the box. I can use Face app on a stick figure and look amazing but, so what? Or I can be a guy with tits and appeal to some. What's the point? We're all doing a pretending to be other than me. Well, except you. I'm just a little puzzled with this.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I use FaceApp on the pics I post here,they are labeled as such by FaceApp, except for some taken at the Girls Night Out in OKC. I do this because, IMHO, my makeup skills suck and I don't think anyone really wants to see pictures of what is really an old man in a dress.

Just my tw ocents worth.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

I appreciate everyone’s take on things as it helps me see all things from your perspectives.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator

I don't post pics so I'll abstain from voting

My TG Meetup Group has monthly themes like Glamour and Glitz, Flower Power, Animal Prints, Pride Colors, Pretty in Pink, Neon, Black and White, Denim or Diamonds, Cool Blue, Fall Colors.

As for FaceApp, I'd like to be able to use it if I had time to put on a dress, but not time to do the makeup. I don't like to see myself as a MIAD, looking pretty from the neck down, but looking like a dude from the neck up.

Plus, we may miss out on all of Xam's beautiful FaceApp pics with her wonderful poses and legs for miles.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Sorry hate faceapp or any apps that alter your appearance, it your gonna do that you might as well do the rest of your body as well, actually dont bother getting dressed at all just do it all virtually on a computer, I would feel a complete cheat if I altered my pics in anyway its like lying to yourself. dont forget this isnt aimed at anyone its my own personal opion.

I have no use for FaceApp or anything similar that changes one's look so drastically. It's no problem cleaning up a photo, making it less blurry, lighter or darker, cropping it ...etc but using faceapp is posting a fantasy image, one that often looks nothing like the CD posting it.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Hello Di. I think having a Theme thread is a great and fun idea!

I pretty much don't care one way or the other about the use of face app. I don't use it and doubt I ever will. I don't need more technology in my life no matter how little it is.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Do not like FaceApp for multiple reasons, one being geopolitical the other for the same reason I do not like PhotoShop. And love the idea of themes!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Not a FaceApp fan. I want to try hard to blend when dressed, and FaceApp is not really me. I'd rather try to improve my makeup skills, so I look more natural when I am out shopping. If I am an unattractive woman, so be it. I also love the idea of themes.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Hi Di, I like the idea of themes, it could be a fun thread
    Crissy