Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collision!?

True multiple personalities is exceedingly rare.
    Most often, what is being experienced, is allowing ourselves to express and feel the feminine traits which we don't allow ourselves to feel, because we don't think it's acceptable. After all, most males grow up being told that behaving or feeling things that we think are restricted to what girls do, is absolutely prohibited, and it's the worst shameful thing, for a boy / man to feel or think in any way that a girl/woman might. To this day, both mothers and fathers, exert the belief that boys must NEVER behave like girls in any way, that it's the absolutely the worst, most shameful thing a boy could ever do.
    And so we repress it, as deep into our subconscious that we can. And when the feelings emerge, we distance ourselves from them by trying to attribute it to some 'female side' personality, hoping to pretend that it isn't what we really are. We assign those feminine feelings to 'our female side', insisting that 'it's not really who I am', it's just 'a side of me, but not the REAL ME', because we can't accept that we have all those feminine feelings.
    Reading back through so many forum posts, there are an astronomical number of comments about 'it's just a side, it's not the REAL ME', in desperate attempts to deny what people are feeling, all because our society simply cannot accept males having what are perceived to be stereotypical feminine feelings.
    I'm now 67; and had thought that social acceptance would have changed over the past 50 years. But, it turns out it has not.
    I'm here now for 15 years; and still, the most common posts are of men desperately hoping to express that the stereotypical feelings that they experience, are just 'a side' of their personality, absolutely incapable of accepting that it's a true part of who they are.
    I'm not chastising anyone. This isn't their fault. We all grew up with this, and believe me, I understand why you can't accept what you are. I went through it myself, and it took years to accept.
    But accept it, we must, because until we do, we will continue to deal with all the internal conflicts that come with it.
    Be who you are. You don't have to do it publicly. But try to accept it, even if you feel you have to hide it from the world, because you don't want to deal with all the problems of being OUT will cause.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Very good, Sometimes-miss. I could not agree more.

I have noticed some feel they have two inside them. I am just one. One who would rather slip into a dress than jeans and do my things like pull and engine out of the car or make holiday crafts. I like to call myself a boy in a dress. But it's such a lovely one with all it's accessories...now let's try not to get grease on it. God forbid we snag our shiny tights...

rreally awesome post sometimes_miss!
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

I have come to terms accepting who I am but that don't change the situation we often find ourselves in. To me CD is part of me and tbh I like the unaccepting taboo element but also wish to be accepted by loved ones. Very conflicted I know this is the real me but I still see me as two personas or maybe refer to me as separate identities. Part of me wants to meld the two together but part wants me to be separate. I guess while I have a He name and a She name them it will always be that way. You can't refer yourself as two different names and be the same. Otherwise I'd just be "Dave" who dresses as he pleases (not my real name lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Burton View Post
    I think just about everyone would give you a different answer to that Suzy - we're all very different. As for me, I would not interpret my personas as melding, but rather influencing and informing one another to the benefit of both, and I like it like that. I'm at ease with both, but that's just my approach.
    I think sums up my feelings and approach
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

WOW,,,Ty all for such thoughtful responses. I can it seems to glean a bit of everyone`s comments into my personna. Its just that I feel like I`m so lucky to have such feelings of at times of diff personnas, but still know that this is me, confused at times, but so relaxed now and comforting now that I`m in total acceptance of me and my needs. Even my wife has said that I`m much nicer and easier to talk with when `Susan` and that I`m a nicer person. Hmmmm. I still love that Taboo element i guess, as EmilyShy just stated.

I have only one persona: John as a.man. I never pretend I'm a woman even though I look like a woman in my appearance and clothing.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    In the beginning the duality was cool. I could look good as a woman yet also look good as a guy. many. If my friends joked how we would make good secret agents. We all had this secret we were hiding and proud of how well we could hide it.
    after a while the fun of the challenge wears off and then it's just like at least for me.
    Why have 2 different sets of underwear 2 different sets of pretty much everything. I started just becoming 1 person. Now I know I am just 1 person but that goes beyond this question. It probably took about 5 years or so to go through this process to just be myself.

Sometimes I think I'm gender fluid, switching from Steffi to boy me and back in an instance. Kind of like Clark Kent changing into superman in a phone booth, but without the phone booth. Thinking about that, how does Clark Kent change into Superman without the phone booth?

Getting back to the point, boy me is an introvert. In fact he pins the introvert scale according to Myers-Briggs. Steffi is an extrovert. Introducing Steffi into my boy life is converting me into an extroverted introvert.

For example, I often complement GGs on their dress or nail polish. I used to think that an introvert wouldn't walk up to a complete stranger and make such a personal comment. I was sure that Steffi was coming in from behind the boy facade. Now I wonder if boy me is becoming more extroverted.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 09-24-2023 at 01:37 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have always been a male that looks forward to every opportunity too fully dress and enjoy my feminine side. For me both needs have always been a part of me. I have noticed that I get older my femside has become more an important part of my thoughts and actions. Not sure if a collision occured but it sure has evolved.

I have been trying to integrate both sides of me into one person for some time now, but it hasn't been easy.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.