Thread: Hello again + my first time dressing

Hello again + my first time dressing

Hello all,

This is my second 'introduction' as I posted a previous one just announcing myself, but I hoped I could go into a bit more detail (I hope this is the right part of the site, sorry if not!) about me, my journey etc.

Ok, so I am in my 30s and I live in London, UK. I very recently began dressing, not quite full time, but I would say comfortably. That might be a surprise as from what I see, a lot of ladies on here really discovered themselves a long time before their 30s, it seems. I thought so to, but when I think about it, I actually dressed for the first time when I was a teenager, and did so quite often - it seems I just totally forgot about it.

My sister and I were raised by a single mother, and my sister was a few years older than me. Basically, I grew up in quite a feminine household. My sister went to university when I was 14, and my mother would often work late, so I was home by myself quite a bit. My first time dressing was in my sister's old bedroom which was kept as it was before she left for university.

I don't recall exactly what led me to do so, but I remember going through her cupboard and finding a clean pair of underwear, a bra, a skirt and a blouse and dressing myself in her mirror. I sat at her dressing table and put on her lipstick - and looking at myself in the mirror at that moment felt happier than I ever had done in my life.

It took me a while to do so again, but the second time was just as magical, and so was the third and fourth. I don't remember when I stopped, but I didn't think about it again for many years until about two months ago when I dressed as my true self for the first time and felt that same joy.

I yearn to live as my true self every day. I have found a way to dress every day, which is to work a lot from home and have my camera off. I get up earlier, dress fully and be me - I am doing so today - If I could wake tomorrow as a woman, with my name changed and everything, I really think I would.

Anyway, I am sorry if I am rambling, I just wanted to express all that. I'd love to hear some of your first time dressing stories.

Chloe

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're not the only one to start dressing later on in life, Chloe. I dressed for the first time in my 50's. Never even thot about it until then! Tried on some tite women's jeans that a tenant left with a few clothing items for me to drop at Goodwill.

Then, forgot about that for a year until another tenant left several boxes of clothing, including shoes and boots, for charity. That's when I seriously began dressing on the sly from my ex wife and kids!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You're hardly alone Chloe. I did not begin to actively CD until I was 69.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Welcome to the club, Chloe! Like Chris and Robbie I didn't start dressing until late in life. I'm 65 and just started dressing Sep of last year, except for wearing panties since about 2002. But the first time I fully dressed I realized just how right, normal and natural it felt to be wearing women's clothes. Since then I have bought enough dresses, nightgowns, a few pair of jeans and several tops, that my male mode clothing has been forced out of my bedroom closet.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Quote Originally Posted by NewGirlChloe View Post

I yearn to live as my true self every day. I have found a way to dress every day, which is to work a lot from home and have my camera off. I get up earlier, dress fully and be me - I am doing so today - If I could wake tomorrow as a woman, with my name changed and everything, I really think I would.
    Chloe, while I dabbled in trying on my mother's intimates when I was in the 12 - 15 year old range, I never truly considered cross dressing until I was 74. I'm now 78. My life is mostly in the rearview mirror. I will say this: If I could CD 24/7, I would. I don't want to transition; but, I do love the process of putting on makeup, wearing all the feminine clothing, etc. However, as my life is not mine alone I cannot CD 24/7. I have a wife of 40 years that would die a 1,000 deaths if I came out to the world. I tell you that because of the part of your post I've quoted above. You still have the greatest portion of your adult life ahead of you. If you truly believe you'd like to wake up tomorrow as a woman, I suggest you take a serious look at transitioning. It certainly isn't an overnight decision and has to be done with great care and deliberation; but, I would encourage you to at least investigate the possibilities.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Hi Heather,

Thank you for your kind response. Transitioning is something I have been thinking about a great deal recently, my gut tells me right now that it is where my journey will eventually lead, but I guess I could be getting carried away - I just get excited when I imagine the end result

Chloe,

Thanks for telling your story. You are not rambling at all.

I was one of those who started early with moms ice skating dresses, you know those tiny skirts? My first time out of the house was actually in the car. Would drive around dressed with heart rate sky high and I don’t even want to know what the blood pressure was doing I was so hyped up. Now, years and years later, I find going out is still a rush but more relaxed.

I agree with Heather, if you reel that way, really look into transitioning or at least talk to some one that can help you see different pathways that are available now.

Welcome! What a great story! I don’t think I could ever forgot about my first time dressing, even temporarily, and I was 7.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hi Christie,

Thank you I know those tight skirts!

What Heather said makes a lot of sense, right now my mind is just a whir and I can't stop thinking about one day being totally, 100% a woman. I have really never felt like this before or wanted anything quite as much. BUT I know it could be a big phase and I might move out of it. I get that A) it is a huge decision and something I need to spend a lot of time thinking about, and B) I have the best chunk of my life ahead of me, as Heather pointed out. If I imagine myself in five years, I think it is as a woman.

Taking all that into account, I feel that I want to spend the best years/decades of my life as my true self IF I am to do so, and that means transitioning. I have set myself a target of 12 months to look into all the details and realities and get as much advice as I can. If I still feel the way I do now in a year, I will take the plunge and begin the process of fully transitioning and hopefully be able to spend decades as the woman that deep down I think I really am.

Chloe

Hi Chloe!
    I think I was around 10 the first time I ever had on women's clothing! My older sister had some friends over and they were playing housewives and needed
    a fourth participant so they decided to give me the full treatment from makeup to stuffing one of her bras with toilet paper to give me boobs, but the thing
    that stuck with me the most is how I felt when I put on a pair of her nylon panties! Wow! I will never forget that moment! The sensation was INCREDIBLE!
    That was close to 60 years ago! I probably won't ever come out but I will enjoy all the times I can dress up!

Chloe, I had a slew of older sisters and I often "borrowed" their clothes when I was 14. However, started dressing much younger.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have been cross-dressing since I was in preschool I always loved the long dresses and the silky fabrics. As I got older, I would sneak into my mom?s closet and dresser when she was out and on her lingerie and dresses. I acquired a few women?s clothes of my own while I was in high school and she found my stash but I don?t know if she ever knew I tried on her clothes. I would love to ask her next time she comes to visit if she ever knew that I tried on her lingerie and dresses. Since moving out of the house, she has seen me wear women?s nightgowns and hasn?t cared, but I would be interested to know how she would feel knowing I wore her lingerie and dresses? Many years later I still dress and have many outfits. I?m not passable, but I enjoy the feel of women?s clothing

I started quite recently and rather late too. Being a "mature" adult means way way less confusion, more sense of control and confidence to me.

Welcome to the forum Keremy and Valeria!

Platinum Member
    Hi Chloe, You missed a whole lifetime of fun,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    Rambling is good, providing us you thoughts /info. Glad found this site.

I am similar to you, but started in 1960 at basically 5 with a friends panties we actually switch each others while playing. Ie my size so fit great.

But info and society was different back then. Internet opened up information bad info and later good info.
    Times changing.

I would not call it rambling, just giving us a bit of a timeline in your life. You reminded me of an outing I had in my 30?s when I took an older couple out to dinner while I was dressed up. As I was leaving, I thought to myself it was the happiest I had ever been. Keep the joy coming. I know I try ; )

The world is very different when fully dressed in public.

Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    You missed a whole lifetime of fun,
    Isn’t that the truth!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I started very young, I still remember it like it was yesterday. I shared room with my slob sister and she left a pair of biege pantyhose on my bed post by my feet. I woke up to the site of those pantyhose and couldn't stop myself from putting them on. I couldn't take my bottoms off fast enough to slide those pantyhose on and then the fireworks that went on in my head that morning. I would say it's probably the same feeling for you starting later because I still get that same feeling every time I put on a pair of pantyose even now.

Welcome Chloe. It started with my mother?s pantyhose /tights . Like Maria said the feeling was electric . Going to a trans friendly dress shop in my teens was a game changer for me. I was asked if I would like to try on a dress I was admiring which I did.That was the beginning of the rest of my life.

I don't know exactly when I first put on woman's clothing. What I do remember is that I was home alone and went into my mother's panty drawer and I tried on a pair of panties. I had been thinking and fantasizing about it for a long ti8me prior to my first try on.

My brother played Peewee Hockey and my mom and dad took him to the games and watched him play. I knew that they would be gone at least an hour and a half. I was old enough to stay home by myself. I also remember that the first time I tried on her panties, I got very excited, if you know what I mean. Let's just say that all the equipment was fully operational.

So, based on that, I would guess that I was about 12. My mom was a stay-at-home mom (at least at that time) so the only time I was at home alone was when my brother played hockey. Fortunately, that was every week. I experimented wearing my mom's panties and then I tried on her girdles. They were kind of on the small side, but I loved ho they squeezed me in. I still love that even today.

I even tried on her bras, and at that time could button them behind my back and not have to button them in front and spin them around. Somehow, I lost that talent as I got older. I tried to figure out what to stuff the bras with, and I ended up using socks. I got the idea because it was rumored that girls used a sock in their bra to enhance their size.

My mom didn't have pantyhose; she only had stockings that went with her gartered girdles. I couldn't figure them out until I saw my brother's hockey outfit. A full hockey outfit has a garter belt of sorts to hold up the socks under the hockey pants.

Sometimes, for a change of pace, I would try on my mom's jewelry, especially her clip earrings and sometimes her bracelets or necklaces. I also tried on her lipstick, but I was always worried that it wouldn't come off. Then I figured out that she used "Cold Cream" as her makeup remover.

All this lasted until I was about 16. By that time, I figured out that kissing girls was much more exciting that playing dress-up. But, in college, I acquired a few panties and bras that were left behind in the laundry room.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 11-02-2023 at 10:58 AM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

No apologies necessary. Rambling is good for random thoughts. As if it happened yesterday, I clearly remember my first experience. I was around 7. Our next door neighbors two sisters also my age, one rainy day, decided to play dress up and invited me to join them. At first, no interest, until I picked up a pair of nylon stockings. They encouraged me to put them on. I hesitated, don?t know why,but did. Wham-Bam, lightning. Wow. I couldn?t wait to wear them again. Over the years, I?ve progressed, but hose sremain my #1. I wore them with panties underneath for years. Now retired, blessed with an accepting, helpful wife, I have everything I need and dress daily. Best on your plans.