Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Department store fanatasy

Department store fanatasy

When I was a kid I'd fantasize about hiding in a department store at closing time, and spending the whole night trying on clothes, makeup, etc. Apparently I'm not the only one, because in my life I've seen three newspaper articles* about people who actually did it. In one case, they somehow had a whole weekend.

Lisa

* That's how long ago this was, newspapers and stores with no alarm systems.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Banned Read only
    I've had this dream many a time, for a multitude of reasons - from playing with the toys to getting dolled up.

I always remember when I would walk with my wife in a big department store and follow her through the racks and so many times I would tell my wife what I wouldn't do to have 1 night alone in the store and just go crazy trying everything on.

I actually had the same dream, but the store was open.going from the dressing room to the racks as I tried on clothes. Leaving my male clothes in the dressing room. It felt so real, I didn't realize I was dreaming

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I had the department store dreams a number of times between the time I tried on the first pair of pantyhose as a kid and my first time going out in public dressed. Haven’t had it since. The dream was always just focused mainly on trying on hosiery.

yes after the movie mannaquin....had that fantasy many times....would still be fun today....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Not a department store, but... A few years ago I had a series of gigs updating the technology in several branches of a women's specialty shop. It was an overnight gig, and I was the only one there. There was an hour or so where I had nothing to do, waiting for the computers to update themselves. I was forbidden from trying on the merch. But I would bring in a big box of my poundage store purchases and try them on in the fitting room area, get a look at them in the triple mirror, and sort out the items to keep from the ones to re-donate. It was fun. And I knew for a fact that they didn't have CCTV cameras or a DVR, so noone else was the wiser.

So it was overnight, but not a dream.

Yep yep yep! Same dream! Apparently we all have been abducted by the same aliens!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

OMG. The exact same dream, with a little twist.

When I was a kid, the store mannequins were much more realistic today. All the mannequins had wigs that I got to try on. Plus there was more makeup than any girl could imagine.

Once when I was all dressed up I saw a night security man walking his rounds and I ran as quietly as I could to hide in a dressing room until he passed.

I wonder if GMs ha a similar dream, but about getting locked up in a sporting goods store.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No, never! But, I didn't even think about CDing until I was in my 50's. I wonder if anyone ever had a fantasy about trying on men's things all nite in a dept. store? Male or female?

Besides, since I did all my fem shopping in thrift stores for 10 years, I could afford to buy ever single thing I thot I wanted!
    And, back then the thrifts carried WAY MORE styles than any dept. store!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh yes, I had the same fantasy. It would have been a dream come true.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Never have I had that dream.. but wish I did.

Emily

Great fantasy the thought of being locked overnight in my favorite department store surrounded by racks of pretty dresses and girly things is very exciting.

I think this may be something that is common for us as who here would not love to do that?
    When going through a department store, when it is open of course, I always find a reason to go through the lingerie department
    Crissy

I do that too, Crissy! Unless the wife is along and she steers me away from the lingerie! Sigh!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yes had that dream often. I remember going shopping with my mom a few times. I would wander and look around in the women's department while she was shopping. I was young no one gave me a second look. But I do remember vividly what was there on the racks and on the mannequins and dreamed of trying things on in the mirror. I was lucky years, decades later to go to the Dress Barn as I was going to model a couple outfits at a Tgirl event with Northwest Gender Alliance and the dress barn was sponsoring the fashion show. So the sales associate helping with the event walked me around the store and we picked out some options then she set me up with a dressing room and I tried on some outfits and she helped with the looks and kept bringing new things to try. It was so fun and she was so supportive and encouraging. I wish that was the norm as our money is the same. What a fun special memory and not a dream! I also might add she was at the fashion show to help us get ready and brought accessories jewelry to add to our outfits. First fashion show for me nervous as I walked out but what a wonderful experience.

I've day dreamed about being able to wander a large mall, full of women's clothing stores...and not a soul around for days. Never a regular dream, just a day dream.

Banned Read only
    Yes, guilt as charged. But, I have to throw in that I was recorded by the in-store security cameras and the female owner...................well, this is a PG site?

Sorry to be a buzz kill but no.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

When I was a teen I would intentionally walk through the women's lingerie department so I could be surrounded by beautiful nightgowns. I would go home fantasing about wearing such lovely items. Now I wear and sleep in them regularly ... pure BLISS.

I suspect that it's a fairly common fantasy.
    Mine is only slightly different. I imagined being a night watchman (the ONLY one) for the store. I could try on something new every night, and wear it for the entire shift if I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    I suspect that it's a fairly common fantasy.
    Mine is only slightly different. I imagined being a night watchman (the ONLY one) for the store. I could try on something new every night, and wear it for the entire shift if I liked it.
    My version is identical to yours

I don’t think I’ve had that fantasy but it sounds a lot of fun. I think a whole weekend would be better than just one night. So many things to try on, so little time.

It was a fantasy of mine back in the 60s when department stores were full of wonderful silky lacy things such as slips and garter belts and stockings and pretty lingerie in pastel colors.

Yes ... those were the days ... SIGH.