Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TG Classmates

I had a friend in high school who was gay. Turns out, he was quite interested in me, but he was respectful that I had a long term girlfriend throughout high school. I'm about 99% straight, so it wouldn't have worked out anyway likely. But, I digress... I was at his home one time and he showed me a pair of red stiletto heels he had that he'd put on because he was practicing walking in them for a drag show. I was in awe. I couldn't bring myself to say anything to him. I'd never told a soul at that point, and didn't for quite a few years yet. He's the only one that I ever knew who was any of drag/cd/trans.

I married my high school sweetheart who was an officer on the drill team. Were it not for her good memories from high school, I'd never have gone to reunions. I don't know of anyone from our graduating class that is/was trans and I was pretty much oblivious to what gay actually meant since it didn't involve me. Several classmates came out as gay over the years. Looking back, none of those who have come out are totally surprising.

There were no TG people in my class of 197****

A close friend of mine in high school, and later my brother in law for just shy of 11 years, came out as gay in 1985. My then wife's parents called us tp tell us, we were in West Germany at the time, I was in the Air Force. They told her he had come out as gay and she relayed the message to me.
    Last edited by Di; 10-13-2023 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Sending pm
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Yes, and I'd known her since age 5.
    She was always feminine, and one day when she came over to my house to play she spent the entire time playing with dolls with my sister (age 6). She never came back over after that, and I believe it was my mom who
    didn't want her here.

She died of complications related to AIDS in 1988. She came from an extremely wealthy family that disowned her when she began her transition in the late '70's. Many of you probably know the chain of stores the family owns.
    I still think of her from time to time.
    Wish I had been a better friend.