Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After 40+ years my wife is away for a week, what to do?

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar

After 40+ years my wife is away for a few weeks, what to do?

Ok well we have always been close. Together since School. Each the others first love. Each explored the gene pool since then, but we are basically very lucky, made for each other. An atomic bomb ain't gonna change that simple fact now.

So... I have been away from my wife many time,s RN service, work as a global field service engineer and climbing mountains around the planet. I have had my freedom. Not for the first time but for perhaps the longest, my wife is off to Greece with an old school friend.

So what todo. Dropped her at the shuttle bus this morning. Dressed and living the natural life in the fringes of the pink fog within minutes of arriving home.

But what for the next two weeks. Sun's out tomorrow. So what would you girls do? Most likely I will wash off my make up, don male attire and go for a 15 mile hike in the hills. But I'm open to persuasion from you girls..
    Last edited by Jane G; 10-02-2023 at 10:47 AM.

Platinum Member
    Do what you enjoy most. If that?s a 15 mile hike in the hills, then that?s what you should do. Of course, you might select different attire.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    When my wife went to visit our daughter for a week to ten days it was Stephanie time; 24/7 if I so chose. Being in a DADT marriage kept my wardrobe in boxes. So, for a week my heels were lined up at the foot of the bed; dresses and full slips were hung on hangers in the closet. It meant I was able to don dresses and heels all day. Yes, there were en drab time to do errands outside the home, but there were also evening strolls en femme in a safe neighborhood of well traveled stores and shops. Basically, it was time to be myself in any manner of attire.

Go for the walk, that is more of a mood booster than any dressing. If you want, just add a colorful pair of leggings/tights.

I would go for the 15 mile walk in accordance with your original plan . There is plenty of time to dress as much as you like thereafter. You may decide to take a walk on the wild side on another day.

I'd do the 15 mile hike in a skirt. And hiking boots. Your normal attire on top. Hiking skirts are all the craze these days. Its on my to do list lol

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Jump on a plane Jane and come visit me, Diane P, and the Oklahoma girls. I'll get the tab for dinners & drinks. Even better would be the 1st week of Nov when about 150 of us will get together.
    You can even go hiking here...

Emily

Now that would make for a fun week.

I would have already scheduled to go shopping and buy a new wardrobe, if I can afford it, get my breasts inflated (temporary saline injections) make sure to buy bigger bras in step 1, get a full makeover and photo shoot, and go try on a bunch of wedding gowns! And on the second day…. Lol.

It that’s just me. Go for it full out! Don’t regret all the missed opportunities.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It's nice sometimes to not be together. It makes the bonds more visible. When I'm not with my wife, a few days in I realize how I miss her. I try to remember that feeling once we are reunited. Before my coming out, I once was alone at home for three weeks and dressed almost every evening. The first weekend alone, I enjoyed being able to do it all day long (although the heels killed me at some point and I switched to slippers). But the second weekend, I thought that a missed opportunity would be not going to see her and spend a weekend with her in that nice village in the mountains. So I forgot the dressing for a weekend. And for a few evenings to visit friends. And for a few evenings when all I wanted was to watch TV in comfy clothes.
    My wife went out another time for three weeks. And in the second week I joined her too in this distant location by the sea. Quite a bit of drive, but beautiful memories.

See ya! I?m off to the mall!

By all means get out in the great outdoors but after that this seems a chance too good to miss for one of us. Not to go out enfemme would seem to be a wasted opportunity, one you might come to regret if not taken.

I'll be honest and say I can't remember what history you have of outandaboutery but if it's not something you've done before then this seems the ideal opportunity to start small, say a drive out one night and build from there. Use a drive through, fill the car with fuel at a self serve or kiosk if feeling that bit braver. Grow your confidence and who knows what it could lead to over the two weeks.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I always identify as a man. I have not worn pants (trousers) since mid June. Instead I have been wearing dresses, such as going shopping, doctor appointments, and even to church. What I wear is a knee length dress when I go hiking.
    Jane G, if I can wear dresses as I go about my business I think you should be able to wear a dress while hiking.
    And I have gotten almost no pushback for my attire,

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Dress, dress, dress, and dress again!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Interestingly I took a short walk today Drab. Came home and spent the evening Drab. First female clothing of the day was my night gown, that I wear every night.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    By all means get out in the great outdoors but after that this seems a chance too good to miss for one of us. Not to go out enfemme would seem to be a wasted opportunity, one you might come to regret if not taken.

I'll be honest and say I can't remember what history you have of outandaboutery but if it's not something you've done before then this seems the ideal opportunity to start small, say a drive out one night and build from there. Use a drive through, fill the car with fuel at a self serve or kiosk if feeling that bit braver. Grow your confidence and who knows what it could lead to over the two weeks.
    Helen. I was far more outgoing in my younger years. I have walked the hills dressed many times. To be honest it is more comfy in drab these days. I don't get any thrill or exitment from dressing. Its just that contentness I love. Working hard physically I am more comfy in what fits best. I am the same person dressed or not. The change of mode/persona that I think we all experience early on dressing, has long since passed.

I have replaced fence posts and laid hardwood floors and other strenuous activities
    while wearing dresses. A dress is cooler than wearing shorts.

John

The first time I had several days alone for Danielle time a simple indulgence was to go to bed still wearing a wig, breast forms and fake nails. Waking up in the morning sitting on the toilet looking at long fingernails and smooth legs with painted toenails, feeling breasts tugging on my chest, and feeling long hair brushing on my neck and face was a bit of an out of body experience .

My wife hasn?t traveled much for a number of years but will be away on business for the next 4 days. I have been out more the past year or so and even more since joining here a few weeks ago. Like today I went to a few stores on errands fully dressed ( although with a Covid mask) and am engaging more with SA?s. Would love to hike with a skirt - have always felt they are much more comfortable especially in hot weather (along with loving the fem feeling). Not sure if I?m brave enough or what else I may get into over the next few days but should be interesting.

Well I was supposed to be rock climbing this afternoon. Then my our daughter called. Could I give her a lift to pick her car up from the garage after work, then dinner at our house. Always family first with us. So climbing had to be shelved. Now what to do until daughter finishes work. Lol, what not to do. Dressed in a flash. Our daughter knows her dad well, but I will be back to drab for dinner. Gotta love life's ripples.

First day of wife?s business trip away - inspired by Jane?s hiking idea went for one in a coastal park an hour or so away wearing leggings, padding, tank top with bra and C forms, wig and makeup - which I?m just learning to do but I thought didn?t look too bad- and no Covid mask - first time like this! Had a number of normal pleasant greetings/exchanges with others on trail. Found it much more comfortable to blend in dressed like this than the usual skirts etc I like to wear. After went shopping in town nearby the park and tried on (another first) and bought a nice top on sale.
    Very liberating and fun.

Look at it from another perspective. Imagine the moment when your wife has already returned and the time when you were free to dress up has passed.
    What will you be happy about then and what will you regret?

I also recently experienced a separation, my daughter twisted her leg and my wife left for an extended period of time to help a bit with our little granddaughter.
    Like you, I immediately fell into a pink fog and it was extremely long and deep.
    The previous time she wasn't home, the pink fog lost out to DIY, which is my hobby.
    After everything then I think I was happier.

I think shopping and lunch is a great start!

Maybe get your nails done while you?re out

Well the week is flying by. Off rock climbing this morning. Showered and dressed to the nines as soon as I arrived home. Enjoying Polka dots this evening. I do love dancing too. so practicing a few MJ moves. and then moved on to Katy P.
    Last edited by Jane G; 10-06-2023 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks for updating us.
    Sounds like fun.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I think my top 3 things would be:

1. Dressing up, a lot
    2. Going out dressed, particularly if you've never done it, or have not done it frequently
    3. Meet another CD/TG for dinner out, dressed
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.