Thread: empty nest and progress

Thumbs up empty nest and progress

Recently my youngest moved out, and we're now empty nesters. I've been sleeping en femme for quite some time, but now that the kids are all moved out, I'm able to get out of bed and make the coffee and catch up on morning news, social media etc, while still dressed. Sometimes I'll throw on a skirt and top, others just stay in pajamas with a floor length modal robe. My wife often joins me for coffee on the patio, and this past week or two that I've been enjoying my morning femme time has been no exception. Finally asked her this morning "how she was doing with me still being dressed in the morning", even though I was fearing a negative response. She stated that while it's a mental adjustment, she's doing ok with it. Not ready for "full time" or makeup and wig, etc, "but maybe eventually". I'm relieved that we had the conversation, and happy she's cool with everything. She knows that there's no chance of transition and all of that, so to her, it's a matter of "well, it makes him happy, etc, so I can live with it." Just wanted to share some good news on my front, and give hope to others that it's not always going to end badly.
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

Glad to hear that you are getting more time to be feminine, since your youngest moved out. Also happy that your wife is accepting of you staying dressed after getting up in the morning.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Happy you talk to each other I bet she is relieved as well you can talk and it matters to you are how she feels.
    Really nice to read .
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

It took along time for our kids to move out. The last one did about 3 months ago. But since I’ve dressed openly in front of them for many years, it didn’t affect my dressing in any way. They didn’t take it well at first, but I figured since I was paying all the bills they could just suck it up.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    “Maybe eventually” is much better than the reaction I get. Being an empty nester does provide many opportunities. Enjoy!

Sounds like a good conversation hope it continues. My kids moved out and my daughter and 6 yo granddaughter returned after a divorce, they accept my dressing (my wife too) and I am very thankful for my family

That's really good and positive situation, stories like this are great to read.

Platinum Member
    Good news is always appreciated. I am glad to hear that she is making a comfortable adjustment.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yeah, I'm shocked in a good way LOL. I'm just so thankful for her understanding, despite her previously very conservative outlook on this stuff (NIMBY, etc). I think the exposure to trans-culture in regular society has helped my cause, particularly since she knows I have limits on where this is going.
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

Good news Kelly. Thanks for letting us know.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

I know when my wife and I became empty nesters, it was nice to be able to walk around the house while dressed. There were a couple of times when one child moved back in with us for a short time.
    I am glad to hear that your wife is adjusting to you being dressed more often around the house, what lucky person you are. Just remember that having an open and honest conversation with her is the best way to understand how the other person is feeling.

Checking on your SO every now and then is certainly a good habit.

Steph and Diane - yeah she did express appreciation that I asked about it... I think that definitely helped the overall situation
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

hey VS fan, my wife and I are gradually getting to a similar place. although she's always been "I don't wanna see it,' lately she's acknowledged that maybe at some unspecified future time we might go out to dinner together in some unspecified town a very long way away from where we live. So that's progress

Banned Read only
    As I am not a woman, nor a wife, I cannot even speculate what may be going through a woman's mind when confronted with a cross dressing husband. There was a time when lingerie (nightgown and hosiery) for me was nothing more than a bedroom kink with mutual benefits for both. However, when a bra was found and "The Talk" ensued she totally shut down on any display for feminine attire. There as never makeup or wig involved. Pure speculate on my part, I can understand a woman adapting to just a nightgown and nothing more as a "kink" of hubby. Through in the mind/mental thing and the game chances; for better or worse.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    That's good to read.

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    hey VS fan, my wife and I are gradually getting to a similar place. although she's always been "I don't wanna see it,' lately she's acknowledged that maybe at some unspecified future time we might go out to dinner together in some unspecified town a very long way away from where we live. So that's progress
    That's good to hear Audrey! My wife and I had discussed a trip to Vegas or something like that a few years ago... I don't think we were ready for that then, but maybe soon.

In another development she actually kissed me this morning at the coffee pot as she went off to get ready for work and told me to have a great day. A completely normal thing, had I not been dressed in pjs, and my long robe, complete with bra and forms of course. I was shocked (but didn't show it) ... she's awesome
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan