Thread: Yet another way to get caught

Yet another way to get caught

I've been using a CPAP for sleep apnea going on 10 years now. My wife just got diagnosed with sleep apnea about a month ago. She's been having difficulties finding a mask that works for her. I showed her a couple of styles of masks that I wasn't using. She pick out one and asked me if I'd ever used it. I told her honestly that I didn't know. She took one sniff at it and she declared that I had used it; she could tell by the smell.

Oh, oh. She can smell me on something I hadn't touched for almost 10 years. I guess I should be wery, wery careful.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Steffi, my late wife had been using a CPA/BIPAP for the better part of 20 years before she passed Jul of last year. It was weird how she got diagnosed. She was having pain in her Achilles tendon in her right foot, so plans were made to operate. Two days before the sugery the anesthesiologist called and told her he thought she might have sleep apnea and she should go see her doctor. So the next morning we went to the MSU (Montana State University) health center and saw her doctor. He ran down the list of questions, with her answering yes to all of them. When he got to the last one about waking up with a thundering headache she just about screamed yes. She told him she took four Motrin just to start the day. He set up a sleep study and sure enough she had sleep apnea. She had it so bad that during the study she went into REM sleep for 3 1/2 HOURS!

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 4 years ago and have been using a CPAP every night since. My wife was able to use nasal pillows with her machine, but since I tend to sleep with my mouth open, which I didn't know until my sleep study, I have to use a mask that covers my mouth and sits right up under my nose.

Yeah if your wife says she can smell you on something you haven't used in forever be wery, wery careful. hahahahaha
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Have u been a bad bunny? Wearing your wife's things, Steffi?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Doc

My wife and I have completely opposite styles, but I wouldn't wear them if you forced me. That doesn't mean I wouldn't wear them if she forced me.

She does have a hot pink underwire bra that I love, mostly because of the color but also because the underwire is so stiff that it's almost painful. So, yes, I've been a bad bunny.

Diane

I also sleep with my mouth open. But I use a "chin strap" to keep my mouth closed and a regular nasal pillow mask for my CPAP therapy. You can just Google for chin strap.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Steffi, yeah I know what a chin strap is, my wife occasionally used one. I'd have to see about getting new headgear to be able to use nasal pillows and a chin strap. I'm fine using what I have.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

My wife has am amazing sense of smell, eyesight and hearing so I can't get away with anything when she is nearby... I can't smell, hear and my vision is fading.... sigh...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My wife will look at me, kinda tip her head to one side and say “ what’s that?”

My SO can smell Obsession perfume on me a month after I've used it. LOL I took her perfume shopping and bought us somethings we both like. Paradox by Prada and Caroline Herrara Good girl Black heel bottle. Now she cant complain we both wear the same scent.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    My wife has am amazing sense of smell, eyesight and hearing so I can't get away with anything when she is nearby... I can't smell, hear and my vision is fading.... sigh...
    Yup, my wife can probably hear what I type today and she is in London.

I have photos on my phone. My wife knows. She is not in the thrilled category. If I am perusing my photos I have been "Caught" by her when she is looking over my shoulder seeing what I am up to.
    People being nosey is another way to get caught says the person dressed to the 9s today.

My wife has a photogenic memory of her clothes drawers, she will know when I open them, even if I don't touch something. I will never go into them without her knowing but at times our things do get mixed up and I will check. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it of why I'm in her drawers. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jane g View Post
    yup, my wife can probably hear what i type today and she is in london.
    .......... Looooollllll x-} ......

Steffi, my wife's sense of smell is acute. However, I don't think odors linger on molded plastic that many years later.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I got caught in a way that I never would have thought possible. I mean it never crossed my mind to check this. When I dress I wear clothes that my wife has basically forgotten about. Last week I was wearing a LBD that she hasn?t worn in at least 20 years if not longer. That afternoon she hands me a small tag. It was the label from the dress. It was so old that it fell off. She says that she found it on the floor. It was obvious that it came from her clothes since there was spandex in it. No accusation no anger no questions just hands it to me. I said oh looks like a tag and threw it in the trash.