Thread: Where we live and the pros and cons of it.

Where we live and the pros and cons of it.

I am at a point where I might be looking for a new place to live. Not sure where I'd move to and have the privacy I have here. (I live in the mountains of Colorado, Remote) I have privacy for sure one neighbor who surrounds me on all side. His house is over the hill and I'm invisible to the world other than the few times a year they gather cattle. Otherwise, I can close my gate and be invisible to the outside world.
    I can Dress or undress at will. many times, I've been outside in just panties and flip flops. I can dress up whenever I want. My SO doesn't care when she is here. The neighbors might raise, an eyebrow if they knew and I might be the subject of conversation or aggressiveness from those that aren't willing to understand.
    Denver or Colorado Springs are the closest Cities where there is potential for a social environment. 120 miles plus. Not much of a city girl but would love the social interaction. A girls night out requires a hotel and packing etc. No Shopping or coffee en fem. all the small-town girls know what I'm talking about.
    I'm not sure I can live in a city comfortably.

I have a dear friend that would like to see me move to Merida Mexico. which is very accepting of Alternative lifestyles. In the Yucatan the Mayan people are very accepting

I'd love to hear the why and why nots, everyone has to say about where they live or would like to live. I have a limited knowledge of living this lifestyle outside of where I live, always in the mountains.

RAVen

Connecticut is in the top ten states with LGBTQ+ worker protections.
    I dressed to work the year before I retired. I wore a dress to a company outing at a nice country club restaurant.
    On my last day I wore a skirt and pantyhose with a nice top and went to chat with the folks all over the building.

There is now a big girl working there who doesn't pass and doesn't care that she doesn't pass. She has posted before and after pics on Facebook!

Provincetown in Cape Cod is 3-1/2 hours away; it is a well known playground for those on the gender spectrum.
    Hartford is midway between Boston and NYC. Either is about 90 minutes away by car.
    One may also get to either by train, though I haven't done that in decades.

My neighbors love my flower gardens. I have something in bloom all season long! I doubt they care that I wear a skirt during the hot summer weather.

If I needed it my back yard has a lot of privacy.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 10-17-2023 at 09:15 AM.

I live in the suburbs of a large city. Part of my location decision making is privacy. I have no neighbor in my backyard. My patio is completely private. There are bushes along property lines on both sides and, with a little effort, they can be penetrated. In twenty years that has never happened. So, I feel comfortable playing with my dogs wearing a dress or skirt.

Should my wife get her way and we move, it would be for more land and, with it, more privacy.

Asheville, NC. Bring some money.

I live in a sparsly occupied county just outside a very small town where everybody knows each other. For me, being outed would be tough. With that said, I know of a few openly gay residents and 2 m2f transgender residents, one of which is my kid. She has had some kickback from a previous employer but the current one is fine. I imagine eventually I'll slip up and have to decide just how much I care or don't care about what other people think.

Platinum Member
    I live in a fairly rural part of Minnesota. Lots of lakes and a seasonal influx of lake people. The upside is that there are more recreational opportunities, services, and shops catering to these visitors. For some people, winter here would be a downside, but I enjoy it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Vegas has a large group of T's who gather weekly. And, they have a never ending supply of entertaining, accepting, places to go out to!

If I was going to move somewhere just for my dressing, it would be there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I live in California. It is pretty nice here. I go out dressed and never had an issue anywhere.
    Last edited by Natalie5004; 10-16-2023 at 06:57 PM.

As long as you wear some black and gold, no one cares how you dress! Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I live in Florida with the GOVENATOR nuff said! lol

I live in a small town in Western Oklahoma that was an Air Force base until 1969. Most of the housing is duplexes, so it's hard for me to get out dressed unless I take it with and change somewhere or under dress and then take off the male mode clothes after I've left town.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

I live in Auckland, NZ. Last week, whilst working as a voter assistant at a polling station, I was approached by someone whose gender I could not immediately determine. They looked somewhat like an older woman, badly dressed. When they got closer, I noticed they were wearing pink lipstick. When they spoke, it was in a deep bass voice.

I treated them exactly as I would any other member of the public; told them where to go, what to do. A few minutes later they emerged, having cast their vote with no problems.

New Zealand is LGBTQ+ friendly.

I live in Washington DC and love it. I have been to the Yucatan many times scuba diving and loved it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Jackiefl I thought the governator was ol' Schwarzy, am I mistaken?

I live in Merseyside UK. More cons than pros. The city is not trans friendly. There is a history of trans being violently attacked just for expressing themselves and deviating from the norm.The drag queen the Viviane was assaulted in a local McDonalds when she was in drab male mode. Pros , transport links are good for Blackpool , Manchester etc.

Having a ton of laws to protect you sort of tells me some one had a need to get the laws passed, and maybe that isn't a good thing.
    I'd guess California would be about the safest place. Although other sin-cities might not be too bad.
    From your description of you place now, you might as well be on a island.
    You sound like you enjoy that aspect, yet still want to be out and about w/o fear.
    Not sure you can have it both ways, not may places will let you go about in only panties w/o causing a problem.
    My vote for accepting population would be California.

I can only comment on my own experiences and those of my friends. High on my list would be many parts of the Northeast and New England. Sarah has been out and about in very safe areas that range for Coastal Maine, to 'Live and Let Live' attitude Southern NH to the wide open acceptence of Eastern Massachusetts and the States south of there. Of course, there are places to avoid, but even my male self avoids those isolated towns. Sarah's travels include both daytime and nightly activities, but I frequently dress to blend in much of the time.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Small town, related to everybody, hard to dress here so head out of town for outings.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    No problems here outside nyc. As retirement nears I'd love to leave the state to get away from the ever increasing rules and restrictions. It's been great for my gender. Where would I go? Can't go somewhat hot. Not looking for seclusion. I'm single and need to get out and find acceptance.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I live in Washington DC and love it. I have been to the Yucatan many times scuba diving and loved it.
    Was in DC for the first 50 years. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Asheville, NC. Bring some money.
    I got so much kin I'd probably fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Vegas has a large group of T's who gather weekly. And, they have a never ending supply of entertaining, accepting, places to go out to!
    If I was going to move somewhere just for my dressing, it would be there!
    Or keep a condo if you're close. Vegas is cool. Kinda wears on you after awhile. Looking more like east LA nowadays.

Enjoying retirement in the AZ central highlands. It's where Phoenix travels to cool off. Low taxes and pleasant weather with just enough winter and summer to appreciate not being in vegas.
    Folks are laid back and responsible and mindful of their neighbors. It's hard to find a speck of trash or grafiti. Surrounded by national forests, parks, streams, trails, lakes, etc.
    Lot's of western flavor yet predominately more mature retired folks. And there's 300+ days of sunshine. I've never had an issue bopping around in Carla mode. Most are indifferent or don't notice.
    Or maybe they actually appreciate a bold honest person enjoying their life.

8-3-23 - frame at 1m0s post.jpg
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I live in Houston, Texas.

I have to admit that I've ventured out in CD mode less than 10 times during my 20+ years of living here, but so far, all those experiences were positive. I didn't face any harassment, but I did dress very discreetly.

I cross-dressed at a few company-held events, such as team-building video competitions and Halloween costume contests, and people loved my feminine look.