Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going as CD to Transgender week Provincetown mass usa

Going as CD to Transgender week Provincetown mass usa

I?m trying to get up the nerve to attend this - heard about it too late to officially register but thinking of just going to hang out for a couple hours one afternoon as I live fairly close. Nervous for many reasons as never done anything like this but one factor is although they say CD,s welcome, the event is primarily for transgender so wondering how accepting it is to go as ?only CD?.
    Probably overthinking but Wondering what anyone?s experiences or opinions are related to attending something like this. Hope ok to ask this here - only a member for a month or so so still feeling out the culture.
    Appreciate any feedback thanks.
    Jess

Platinum Member
    No reason not to go. yes, of course you will be welcome. No one knows where to draw the line between CD and transgender, if in fact any lines exist.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How could anyone tell the difference between a CD and trans by looking unless you're dressed like a stripper?

Heck, many of us don't even know which we r, Jesse!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well, I've never been so I don't have an answer But I have been to Ptown, lived there in the summer of love, 1967. A young hippie, great fun. I have heard it is way more gay now and it was pretty gay then. So answer the question GO I wish I lived closer, I would go, no one will care especially if you spend money. Have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Provincetown, MA is 1000% accepting of all people
    You definitely will not have any issues at all there.
    I was there with my family once, Wife and 2 kids.
    There is all sorts of people walking the streets. We had a blast.
    then we rode bikes in the state park that is really close as well.

I would have no doubt that you will have a great time.
    If you are nervous about going crossdressed, go in drab the first time to scope it out.
    Honestly once you go, you will have to go a lot more.
    I wish I didnt live so far away.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Just as everyone is saying, you will fit right in and be welcomed !

I am going down tomorrow for my 4th adventure there and I am looking forward to that adventure and the friends I have made there !
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Go, you will not regret it.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Email the administrators and ask!

I went last year....please,please,please don't hesitate to go and present full femme...it's the greatest place in the wold to be a crosdresser

Go and have yourself a fabulous time. Seriously, if you can't wear a dress in P-town then where can you wear one? Enjoy!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    As all have said, do not hesitate to go, a friend of mine is there now, talked to her this afternoon, she is having a fantastic time!
    Best to be there at night to hang out with the girls at Tin Pan Alley.

Next year is their 50th anniversary..

They should have never changed the name from Fantasia Fair. Crazy!

Emily

Emily

Thank you all so much for your supportive replies. I?m planning on going tomorrow. Raychel I went drab to a pride event last summer and wished I had been more brave so trying to step it up for this event. My wife even helped me choose what to wear tomorrow which was amazing!
    As I told my wife, equally excited and apprehensive about everything, but will do my best - thanks again for the support.
    Jess

Jesse, I use to live on Cape Cod and love Provincetown. You will be fully accepted. No worries.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Jesse, It sounds so good and I hope you have a great time. Please let us know how you do
    Crissy

Love Ptown there is just something about how friendly and accepting the town is if I had the opportunity I would be dolled up in attendance for the entire week.

Ten years ago or thereabouts CD and Trans were considered to be different. CD's were considered to be the ones that are more flamboyant in their attire. But over time that has faded in the practical sense. There is still a technical difference but it is only visible, so to speak, under a microscope. You will be fine no matter which you believe you are. Both are female-like in slightly different ways with regard to the intensity of the self identification - like different shades of a color. Have fun; make some new friends.

Gretchen, like always, made some great points. Go have some fun!
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    Just Go for it Jessy, And Enjoy
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Well I made it the event Wednesday- was there for about 2 - 3 hours in the afternoon as it?s a pretty long drive to get there. Walked around a lot - did some shopping and went to the Pilgrim monument museum. Actually decided to get a manicure (first one) but the three places were all closed.
    It was a bit more low key than I expected ( it was early afternoon) but it was nice to be able to greet some other sisters (we were the only ones dressed smartly) at least in passing, and of course so nice to just be feeling normal being in the outside world. I felt pretty comfortable and proud that I did it. If circumstances allow I could definitely see going again but actually registering/attending events and being able to interact with others.
    My wife wanted to hear all about it ( she actually said ?I like the makeup? when I was leaving) and I think she was actually impressed that I did this. She did ask me if I was going to be walking around our town dressed now (I?m convinced she will never get over the fear that I will one day want to transition) but we agreed neither of us is ready for that.
    Well that was my big adventure and I guess overall the best part was just being with others like me, so one more step towards not feeling so alone in this endeavor- and of course this forum has helped tremendously to do that also. Thanks again everyone for your encouragement.
    Jess

Jesse. I'm very happy to hear that ypou made it there, even if for only a couple hours. I was nervous when I went to the Mar Girls Night Out in OKC, that was my first time out dressed. There were a lot less girls there than I'm sure you saw Wed. Everyone made me feel welcome and I was glad I went. I've been ther a few more times since.

I'm really looking forward to going to the 17th Annual Heartland Transgender event in Oklahoma city from Nov 2 - 4. I've got a room reserved and a roommate and plan on having a good time. Even was crazy enough at the last GNO the beginning of this month to volunteer to help.

Diane
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Glad you went! I did it several years ago and had such a nice time. The people are lovely and everyone is accepting. Hope to get back some year, but it doesn't really match my schedule that well..

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Very, very nice that you made it there Jesse. Too bad you could not have stayed over one night. I imagine most places to stay are full up for that week.

While you were there, the lunch was going on, then the keynote for that day, a group photo in a park, and then the rehearsal for the fashion show. Might explain why you saw less activity then you expected.
    The Common Threads fashion show would have been great to see..

Emily

Diane I think volunteering is a great idea to meet others and I would probably do that.
    Emily I did happen to notice the group photo so that was fun to see people coming and going.
    I had brought some things with me in case I got brave and tried to stay over but any place I passed was full.

I'm glad you made it at least for the afternoon, Jesse. I was there for the week and had a wonderful time. I even walked the fashion show on Wednesday evening. Provincetown was really nowhere near it's capacity. But there are so many guest houses and small hotels that it takes some pre-planning, probably, so keep that in mind for next year. There are even Camping options not everyone knows about.

As far as being worried about the transgender/CD thing, it's just not an issue. For one thing, a number of the newer, late blooming transwomen can be just as dressy as the CD's so nobody really knows who's what. For another, It's Provincetown! Everyone is welcomed.

You can also register for 1/2 the fair, as an option.

If you decide to go next year, PM me and I'll give you the birdseye lowdown.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Thank you April - how nice of you. If I?m able to go I will definitely do that.