Thread: CD's why do u love or hate Halloween? (Rant thread!)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation CD's why do u love or hate Halloween? (Rant thread!)

This is the ONE time all year I can go out as Sherry and not freak anyone out! And, sky's the limit on what CD's can wear to bars, clubs and parties! So, I love Halloween!

But, of course many of u r closet dressers and don't dare go out in public as your female persona. That must be terribly frustrating?!

Maybe u have your own unique take on Halloween?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am indifferent to Halloween. Its not as big an event in the UK as it is in the USA. More of an event for children here. I went to the halloween parade in New York in 2014. It was brilliant so I appreciate the difference.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Leaning more to the trans side, this time of year I don't get taken seriously. I rarely have bathroom issues but I worry around holloween when people see it as a costume. I love the dressing up part of Halloween but otherwise it is an awkward time for me to be out.

Banned Read only
    When I was a lot younger, decades ago, I did venture out fully en femme; full makeup, wig, nails, dress and heels and all the proper undergarments. I ventured into grocery stores and a doughnut shop. I was intent on making small talk or at least presenting myself as a young woman. That was around 1980 or several years later when being a cross dresser was not something to wave a flag about. My adventure who be of the type "He's too good not to be one of THEM." I would never don a dress and act in any manner that would be insulting of women.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Steph, I learned early on going out on Halloween dressed as a woman screams, "I'm a crossdresser!"

But, when I go out in a women's costume I can actually pass occasionally!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

This Halloween is the only one I have done anything and I will never forget it. I told and elderly lady friend that I always had a dream about a costume for Halloween back in the spring time. I could not believe the interest I got so I carried on building up the items I needed which was a very large gown and hoop petticoats. I had all the other clothes I needed. About a month ago I mentioned that plans were well on the way. I showed her some trial phots and I noticed how wide her smile was. I then told her that I was more familiar with female clothes than I had let on and showed her more ordinary photos and I could see that she was really enjoying herself. Last Saturday I was visiting her as her family were out and I asked, on the phone, if I could wear one of my other costumes in which I could actually drive. She said "if you want to" She was amazing and we discussed my clothes in detail which put me on cloud nine. I said that on Halloween she would have to come to my house and she could tell her family. Well I am now out to all her family and the support is amazing. One of her nieces wants to do my make up and all is happening this weekend. I could not have predicted this and I how can it get any better than this. I have an open invite to dress anytime I want.
    I don't wish to change my gender I just want to change my clothes.

I am certainly taking advantage of Halloween weekend. I am going clubbing tonight, Friday, and Saturday night if I am not too tired by the third night in a row.

; )

Sandi