Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit card with my name!!

Credit card with my name!!

This is so great! TIL that Citi cards have a "preferred first name" option. I applied for one. Sure enough, you can log in, change your preferred first name, and get a card with that name!! I'm so excited. Very soon I will have a credit card that says I am Sherry!!! It will be fun when I go out dressed, to pay for stuff with "her" own card. Super happy here.

I would love that. I tried to do that with a bank we use as our safety net account. If we go away we leave their card in the hotel safe so if we loose or have stolen our regular card we've something to fall back on for the rest of the holiday.

Unfortunately due to oney laundering rules your card needs to have your real name on it. That said I haven't checked out the situation for a while so I'll certainly look at Citi bank.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Wow, that is so cool Sherry, I would love that. What a great discovery!
    Thanks for sharing that.

Emily

Sherry Ann, That's great. Happy shopping!
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I asked for a card with just my first initial and it's working for me, might work for many of us.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Here in the US you can have a secondary card holder. The primary card holder is the legal one and responsible for the account. The second one doesn't need to prove anything. I've had this for nearly 25 years.

Genifer -- They didn't ask for ANY documentation? You can just call up and say "Hi I'm Joe Blow, I'd like a second card for Jane Blow," and they take your word for it?

Platinum Member
    Hi Sherry Ann , That is just so Awesome, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry Ann Evans View Post
    Genifer -- They didn't ask for ANY documentation? You can just call up and say "Hi I'm Joe Blow, I'd like a second card for Jane Blow," and they take your word for it?
    Yup.

When my wife and I married, we decided not to follow the pack. She kept her maiden name.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I would have never thought of doing that, that was great thinking

Correct. They were quick to remind me I was reasonable
    Responsible for all purchases but that's pretty much it. I doubt I could use mickey mouse or something else familiar. That's about it. Card has the exact same number.

I logged into two of my credit card accounts. They offer secondary-user cards, but it requires the secondary user's social security number. If I put in the correct answer, then their computer will realize that number is already in use for my primary card. So I don't understand how to do this.

This is so cool to hear. First, though, I have to learn to write Nancy in cursive.

I have had a card in Robyn's name for a few years now and it didn't take anything except requesting it from my card provider. The interesting part is when Robyn gets pre-approved offers for her own card...lol
    " I have to tell you, sweetheart, my breasts are as smooth and beautiful as the day that I bought them " Lola from Kinky Boots

I had a Macy's credit card in my femme name. I used my real SS#, and it worked fine. I closed the account, though, when I started getting promotional mails and realized that Macy's was selling credit card info to other companies.

Some cards allow you to add a "authorized user" without any other details but the name of the user and they will issue a card in that name.
    I've had cards in my femme name for year now. I had a Discover card, but then they asked for the users social security number so I dropped it. Citi doesn't do that.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Since I don't use a feminine name I don't have to worry about having a credit card with a feminine name.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I'm going to investigate a 2nd authorized user in Heather's name. Thanks for this thread.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I kept getting an error message when I tried making the change on the card company's website. So I had no choice but to call them. The first person I talked to was clueless and didn't understand my request at all. I got mad and hung up. I called back and got someone else who was much more helpful. She changed my preferred first name in their system (with "she/her" pronouns!) and issued me a new card (should be here in 4-7 business days). She kept calling me Sir, because that's how the call started, so I nicely but firmly asked her to stop. She paused and said, "Oh, I'm sorry ma'am."

Wish I could change that name and pronouns * everywhere * but it's just going to be for this one credit card. When it arrives, Sherry can go shopping in her own name.

My wife pointed out that there may be some risk, for example, if a potential employer or whoever does a background check on me, will it come up with an "also known as" name? I don't know the answer. But this was too exciting of an opportunity to pass by.

Oddly, they gave me a much lower credit limit than my other cards. That's weird. LOL but it will prevent Sherry from going on any wild spending sprees.
    Last edited by Sherry Ann Evans; 11-04-2023 at 12:54 PM.

It sounds like you may have done something different than I described above.
    What I did was add a second user to the existing account I had.
    It is a random name that doesn't actually exist.
    They didn't care as long as i understood I was responsible for the charges.
    What it sounds like you did was change your namr or you're preferred name. They may have issued you and entirely different card on a new account.
    It's weird to have a different credit limit. It's not the same as whatever else you have with them. I don't think having a second authorized user on the account would in any way impact your credit history or whatever.

I thought about trying to get a card in my girl name. I used to do strictly cash but now I just use my card with my male name on it and own it. If someone questions me, I flash them my male drivers license too. For the most part I will never see that person again and if they have an issue, they will get over it. There is no law prohibiting changing your hair style but there may be a legal question in some jurisdictions about using a credit card in someone else's name.

I do still use cash if I want to keep my purchases under the radar from the family CFO.

We are fortunate in the UK. Day to day nobody handles my card as we tap or at worst have to insert the card in the reader. Online or over the phone has never been a problem and I use a different name from that on my credit card (a throwback to early paranoia).

Sherry Ann I pretty sure your real name is on the credit card account. They just issued you a card with your fem name on it. Any back ground check will come up with your birth name on it. Unless you legally change your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire M View Post
    I do still use cash if I want to keep my purchases under the radar from the family CFO.
    LOL. I always use cash so it doesn't show up on a credit card statement. My wife is the CFO, but I never thought about using the term "CFO" for her. I learned something today.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

It sounds like some people are confused. I didn't add a user to my account. Citi specifically has a "preferred name" option. I opened a regular account under my legal name, and then as soon as I got that card, I contacted them and enabled the preferred name option. So they're sending me a new card that says Sherry on it and they'll address me as that name, and as she/her, in all future correspondence.

I'm fortunate that I don't have to worry about hiding anything from my significant other -- she's supportive!