Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your pet

Nope, my dogs never did. That's the best characteristic of a great dog ... love is unconditional ... no matter what you?re wearing! Too bad few people have that characteristic. (The stories my old dog could have told!!)

When I was about 12, I dressed in from head to toe in one of my sister's outfits including makeup. Our dog didn't recognize me and barked at me. Clearly, some pets identify with clothes. A nice memory.

My parrot goes bonkers with hats or caps, but ignores the wigs.

Aspiring Member
    It makes no difference to my cats. They seem to go by smell rather than by how I look.

Just the first time. I came home late after dinner with a friend and our fairly new dog always runs to the door to greet no matter the time. Well I opened the door and she immediately backed away and growled. I called her name and she came up and sniffed my hand and the tail wag and greeting proceeded as normal. After that I have to be careful that she does not tear my nylons when she greets me.

Platinum Member
    My dog always recognized me, but she once reacted a bit defensively to a friend who put on his cowboy hat as he was about to leave. I guess she had gotten used to seeing him without it. He was a real cowboy, and as such, always took his hat off when he entered the house.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I do not have a dog but you would not believe what my parrot says.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Nope our family cat only needs us to fill her food bowl, provide a grooming service and dispose of the odd kill. Who we are how we dress is not important. Christmas dinner, before she moved to our daughters home, she used to sit on her chair in the dining room with all us crazy human types with party hats on. So why would a bit of make up phase her.
    Last edited by Jane G; 11-21-2023 at 08:23 PM.

Yeah, absolutely. My dog, a border collie mix, knows immediately somethings up. He's ok with me, knows it's me, but prefers to keeps his distance and doesn't hound me as he usually does for attention.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!