Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Progression of Dressing

Started by wearing bras that were not my own.

Fast forward 15 years - started buying bras. Didn't buy anything else because I was in denial about being a crossdresser. Then I saw a camisole and panty set that was lovely and bought it. After that - really couldn't deny that I was a crossdresser. But self-acceptance only came when I found this group.

Like so many here, I started down the CD rabbit hole in my early teens when I found my mother’s girdle and stockings in her dresser drawer. I slipped them on and my life changed. I progressed to my sister’s bras, panties and dresses and soon was wearing her hose and heels as well. When I married, I put my femme leanings in the closet, only to indulge in them when my wife was out of town.
    When I retired, they came roaring back, and I fully dressed once a week when my wife volunteered at a local nonprofit. It was about this time that I found this forum and all of you wonderful sisters. When Covid hit, she stopped her volunteer work and I underdressed in her bras and panties. Upon her finding me in them, she suggested I get some of my own, which I have been wearing ever since. I recently added leggings to my wardrobe, and now feel complete. Although my wife is not fully on board with my dressing, we have reached a happy compromise which we both feel comfortable with.
    Last edited by Monique65; 12-23-2023 at 08:55 AM.
    Honoring the woman within

Like most here, these feelings have been around since childhood. Growing up I has a large female presence in my house so there was a lot to get into and experiment with. Throughout most of my adulthood, I was able to suppress those feelings, most of the time. Although every once in a while, I would give in to them and explore a bit. Then, I hit 50 and those feelings started coming back, slowly at first. By my mid 50's I nearly went crazy trying to ignore the woman trapped inside me. I eventually let her out and she completely took over. And here we are ... I probably consider myself more gender fluid or gender non-conforming than CD ... but I am still trying to figure it out. My wife knows and is tolerant, at best, with the whole thing. We tried to set some boundaries but she has no idea what her limits are and I don't want to find out. She did tell me if I decided to transition, she is out.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

For myself it started early sharing room with my slob sister but was mostly enjoyed pantyhose and slips and rarely skirts. In my teens it was buy pantyhose and then feel guilt and throw them out just to buy another pair a few days later. Once married I thought I was finally free of it but 2 weeks later one morning she left for work early and there were pantyhose and slips everywhere I put on a pair of her pantyhose and realized how serious and real these feelings were and not wanting to live as a fugitive the rest of my life I came clean to her that same night. I told her everything from the first time I remembered putting on my sisters pantyhose to that same morning I put on hers. Surprisingly she was ok with it and just wanted to see where it was going and we drew some lines in the sand and then she didn't want me wearing her things so we went out and bought some fem stuff for me. Surprisingly enough I was only into pantyhose and slips but my wife bought me a bra and panties set, and she introduced me to that herself. My biggest progress was when I joined here, I never considered make-up or jewelry and even wigs. I would go for drives half dressed and then speaking and listening to people here I started putting on makeup and I bought a wig and finally breast forms. This site completed me and gave me confidence and now I can't even consider half dressing, it's all or nothing. Having a supportive wife does help, I have crossed the original line in the sand but I'm still keeping to my promises that kind of keep us both happy. I believe it was this site that really gave me the big push and expecting I will never pass as a women I'm content to where I am now but always looking for new thrills.

My progression was secret dressing lingerie from very early years to my 60?s. After finally having the talk with somewhat accepting wife, now have a small collection variety of fem clothes, and very limited use of makeup and wigs.
    As far as life event influencing the talk decision for some reason I just felt more strongly to dress and felt like I was lying to her by not being honest regardless of possible outcome end of marriage, and yes it was my choice to do so.
    My self imposed line in sand is to cd 95% in house and be as discreet as possible when out the other 5%.
    How far to go I guess is unknown as I have done more than I ever would have imagined over the past two years.
    Right now actually in a 2 month funk of non cd but assuming it will come back based on comments here. Wife likes it this way and part of me does too but also miss my cd life. As I tell her - it?s complicated.

Wow. the stories here are so similar. I started wearing my mothers tights, which today probably would be called leggings, when I was 11 or 12. I'm 69 now so i'm talking the 1960's when this was definitely frowned upon. I stopped for a number of years because of the societal pressures if everyone found out. I began running just as running tights were starting. I was in heaven and for the first time I could appear in public wearing tights. All the time I yearned for something more as I fantasized about dressing fully. But marriage and children interceded so I just stuck to my running apparel. After we divorced and I was living alone I began my journey anew. I began using makeup and the first time I went out, only to get gas, I looked horrible lol. But I loved it. As I progressed I knew I would need some professional advice so I went for my first makeover. When I saw myself something clicked, "wow I really look like a woman" Fast forward I continued my dressing and makeup going out quite regularly. When I met my current wife I told her on our first date. She understood and to this day is somewhat supportive but would rather not participate and does not want the neighbors to know. I continue to go out regularly and wish it could be more. But we all have to make compromises.

The desire to dress up has been in me since I can remember.
    Over the years I tried to hold back, until.
    Two years ago I dressed up from head to toe and showed myself in public, first shyly, then quite openly, when it occurred to me that no one was paying attention to me.
    In a short time I realized all my fantasies, among which shopping was the least complicated matter.
    Going out in a dress to the theater or even in an evening outfit to the opera - was not a problem.
    Favorable circumstances came and it came to the point where I could spend not hours or a day but weeks in a woman's disguise.
    And then I felt the weariness of it all, I began to long to return to my own ordinary life.
    Now I still like to dress up from time to time, but it is definitely less frequent.
    I also stopped getting tired of the most varied fantasies, probably everything I could think of in terms of dressing up - I realized.
    At most, sometimes, when I see some nice dress, I will enter the fitting room with it. But it has become a regular thing, one more, maybe 20 or 50 dresses put on.
    I certainly know that I do not want to be a woman, that my inclination is fetishistic in nature.
    I enjoy dressing up, but if it were to jeopardize my relationship with my wife or children - I think the pleasure of dressing up is not worth it one bit.

hello Pantyfan,
    Progression is quite normal as we test boundaries and lose our inhibitions.
    before I was 10 years old I was attracted to wearing tights. Tonight I am wearing a dress and breast forms in private too! I like the clothes but have no desire to present as female in public, so that is my natural limitation.
    luv J

My first experience was in the 2nd grade. When mom went out I go thru her pantyhose drawer, open an egg, and try on her pantyhose. I just loved the feeling on the nylons on my legs. Then I saw her gogo boots, that fit me. It felt soo wonderful.. now I'm 55 and I dress completely from toe to neck. I don't do makeup or wigs, and I don't go out.. my roommate who used to be my gf was ok with it in the beginning, but later she changed and didn't like it.. now she lives in my home as a roommate and when she out it's dress up time for me... I still sooo much love the feeling of nylons on my legs, satin bra and panties, and I have a few pairs of boots and high heels.. would be so nice to have a woman who was ok with it, would be nice to share my entire life with someone..
    Did I get off the subject?? I hope not..
    Pantyhose & Heels are Heavenly...
    anyone in the chicago area?

About 25 years ago I had a job that took me away from home for a week 3 or 4 times a year, I used to take a pair of my wife?s stockings and a pair of her undies with me, it made me feel close to her and I loved wearing them under my suit, fast forward to today and I have just bought a fur which I have always had a fascination for and hopefully by Thursday night I?ll have my knee high suede boots, my wife is a work in progress with this just as I am, I haven?t worked out where my line is yet, but I know id love to go out somewhere safe wearing my fur and boots, but being in Melbourne Australia there doesn?t seem to be a lot of information on where to go, where to buy things, id love to hear from some Melbourne ladies and get some tips, id also love to get some advice on how to expand my wardrobe and learn what my fashion is

Mine started as a young boy, three or four years of age. I would wear my mother's Merry Widow which was stored in my room. When I was older I'd borrow my sisters lingerie and dresses. Now I have a supportive wife and can go out dressed whenever I choose.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 01-01-2024 at 07:48 AM.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".