Thread: "I wish I looked as good in leggings as you do."

"I wish I looked as good in leggings as you do."

We had our first real cold front of the year yesterday. i got up and put on some fleece lined black leggings instead of turning on the heat. I wore a lightweight woman's hoodie and added a sterling silver ankle bracelet as a finishing touch. i spent the day like that and, a couple of hours in, my wife commented that she wished she looked as good in leggings as I do.

She compliments my legs frequently when i wear leggings and I am fortunate in that respect. She would freak if I wore them in public but it's been normalized around the house. I'd like to wear leggings all the time, but then I'd have to carry a purse and that's just another layer of complication that I'm not prepared to deal with at this time.
    Last edited by Bea_; 10-31-2023 at 11:53 AM.

My wife won't let me wear legging. She says I look better than her in them and she doesn't want to be reminded of that.
    Dressing up. There's never a wrong time for it, just enjoy being you.

I do think that much of what I like to wear reminds my wife of things she used to wear. I am sympathetic. I would love for her to be able to wear anything that she wanted, but doesn't feel comfortable in because of the changes in her body over the years. But, at some point it just felt that the marriage was more than about her missing what she had. She is still resistant to my expanding my style but I've become more assertive towards a more balanced relationship.

You mentioned not carrying a purse at this time, but have you thought of these?
    https://www.amazon.com/Shoulder-Cros.../dp/B0B34B31GJ

I carry one all the time in man mode and in girl mode. I have to note though, my girl mode is androgynous, all girl but look like the guy society expects.
    Leggings are the best!

I've got an amazon list full of various purses/man-bags/etc... but I tend towards a slightly less androgynous look in purses. No too fru, but definitely a purse. I currently have a purse much like the one you linked and I do think I could pull it off in both drab and androgynous. Ultimately, I'd like two nice quality leather purses, one in black and one in tan.

I don't really have a "girl" mode as I'm a bearded man who would be in leggings, skirts and maybe dresses in public all the time except for the considerations for my loved ones. I'd definitely choose leggings as daily wear.

Hi Bea,

On the bright side at least your wife gave you some positive feedback. My wife fails to see the appeal of leggings on women or men, period. I've been wearing leggings around the house all winter long for the past 4 years and my wife has never commented good or bad. Last winter, I added a long cardigan sweater to wear with my leggings. She did a double take when she saw me come out in it and never said a word. During the winter, the only time I go out in leggings is if I have a pair of snowpants on over them.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I enjoy wearing leggings, too, but prefer pantyhose or thigh highs. My supportive wife made the same comment. I also have several pairs of very comfortable flats.

Fall is a great time to get the wardrobe move around in the closet.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I just about practically live in leggings. I wear them all year round and especially under jeans.

I love leggings too. I wear them all winter long. My wife doesn't mind.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Love leggings, I wear a lightweight pair with panties under my pants in the winter months. This at least gives me something to like about the cold winter months.

Leggings on men is very common where I live. Male runners, bike riders, just walking around - it's common to see leggings. There would be no way to know if they were men or women's leggings.

I often wonder about the younger CDers who didn't grow up seeing women in pantyhose, dresses, and heels. Who didn't watch the old TV shows where decorative housewives just wandered around the house in dresses. Will they emulate women with underwear and leggings?

Char,
    I've seen a couple of guys in leggings over the years, but it's definitely not common here unless they're covered with shorts. I don't think I'd give it a second thought but my wife would NOT be in favor. Even my daughter hates leggings on men or women. I don't get it.

I'm not one to tuck so I'd have to wear a longer shirt to avoid offending sensitive people, but I'm not inclined to wear leggings under shorts.

I love to wear Leggings. I will sometimes wear them under sweatpants when going out

Definitely love leggings! I love the way they hug my legs. I pretty much live in them around the house. I love finding new looks with them. Faux leather leggings with an oversized sweater are my current favorite. I also wear them at the gym, but I wear shorts over them. I know that might be a cop out, but I would be too self conscious.

Count me another who cannot stand leggings on men or women ( to the UK'ers I do not mean tights /hose/pantyhose/stay ups/stockings) . I've been vocal about this in the past also . They are just not meant to be seen as stand alone as casual wear ,especially over a certain age and especially not with a shorter top that exposes your body from the waist or hips down . No .
    Guys that run/hike/bike with the shorts over them are fine ... otherwise I am suspicious of them - and I am in no way sensitive but I have to watch out for myself .
    I normally see the runners/cyclers here in bike shorts.

I don't think I've owned a pair since the 80's .
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Aspiring Member
    I too have quite shapely legs that look good in leggings.
    My wife's legs, by contrast, are very thin and stick-like, so leggings look a lot better on me than they do on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchess View Post
    Count me another who cannot stand leggings on men or women ( to the UK'ers I do not mean tights /hose/pantyhose/stay ups/stockings) . I've been vocal about this in the past also . They are just not meant to be seen as stand alone as casual wear ,especially over a certain age and especially not with a shorter top that exposes your body from the waist or hips down . No .
    Guys that run/hike/bike with the shorts over them are fine ... otherwise I am suspicious of them - and I am in no way sensitive but I have to watch out for myself .
    I normally see the runners/cyclers here in bike shorts.

I don't think I've owned a pair since the 80's .
    I don't recall seeing any of your posts objecting to leggings. I think it's interesting and totally respect your outlook, just like I respect my daughter's. I don't share it.

I don't go out in public in leggings, but if I did, I would wear a top long enough to to provide a little bit of mystery. I'm not fond of the shorts-over-leggings look and would probably just wear joggers.

I actually clicked on this topic because the fear of causing my wife anxiety in how I fit into her clothes vs how she fits into them has kept me closeted from her for a while now. Does anyone else deal with this? A SO who has self-image issues who compares themselves to you when you CD?

PS: I LOVE fleece-lined leggings. I'm currently wearing a pair that mimic the look of a pair of hose. It makes me so happy to look at my legs in them cause they look just like I have shaved legs and am wearing a pair of hose!

Quote Originally Posted by Beth14 View Post
    I love to wear Leggings. I will sometimes wear them under sweatpants when going out
    I go to yoga class wearing leggings a lot, totally out in the open. All of them come from the pink side of the store and very few of them could be mistaken as men's yoga pants. I have a lot that are floral and most of the rest are pink, purple or teal. I just don't care what people think; I own it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    I often wonder about the younger CDers who didn't grow up seeing women in pantyhose, dresses, and heels. Who didn't watch the old TV shows where decorative housewives just wandered around the house in dresses. Will they emulate women with underwear and leggings?
    I've often wondered about this myself. What does the new generation wear to emulate women nowadays? Perhaps underwear and leggings.

I grew up in the 80s so I can't imagine the point of getting all dolled up without pantyhose, dresses, and heels.

Different strokes for different folks... we all gravitate towards what we find appealing. Personally, I love the elegance and the femininity that women used to adorn themselves with.

I understand why many women no longer feel it necessary to wear certain items. Times have changed and everyone just wants to feel comfortable... but when I feel the urge to present myself as a woman (whom I have the deepest admiration for) I want pantyhose, dresses, and heels.

Michaela Jane,

I carry one also identical, I was going to a convention and my wife suggested it several years ago,
    as I was wearing womens jeans (no pockets you know). We are in a DADT mode.

Now I use it most of the time.

Davina

Quote Originally Posted by IJCCharlotte View Post
    I actually clicked on this topic because the fear of causing my wife anxiety in how I fit into her clothes vs how she fits into them has kept me closeted from her for a while now. Does anyone else deal with this? A SO who has self-image issues who compares themselves to you when you CD?
    It's definitely an issue but it's intertwined with other issues. My wife and I have similar tastes in a lot of things and I'm sure she compares herself to me in similar items. I have a hard time understanding the comparison, but I'm guessing our identities really challenge our wives identities, both within themselves and with the world at large.

I think that our identities challenging our wives identities may well be the real ELEPHANT in the room.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.