Thread: Facial recognition software

Facial recognition software

I believe that this subject has been discussed here before, but I had my first experience with it today comparing Gracie to that drab guy.
    I just bought a new cell phone; my first with facial recognition software to unlock the screen. I set it up in drab and it works very well.
    I was dressed as Gracie today, and the unlock feature would not recognize me. Gracie has a wig and makeup and glasses that are not present on the drab me. If I remove the wig, it recognizes me, even with makeup and glasses.
    I had wondered if it would see through the differences between drab and Gracie. Apparently the hair is a significant differentiator in the software programming.

-peace
    -Gracie

Have you tried setting it up as Gracie and see if it recognizes the drab guy?????

Well, variation in hair length (or the presence or absence thereof) would be a prime differentiator.

The program will probably also account for variations in lighting (Night vs. day, indoors vs. outdoors, etc) when gauging your complexion. Evidently, your fem face is within that range. That's handy.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Hmm, hair should not normally affect facial recognition software, otherwise people who get haircuts would get locked out of their phones. Most FR software measures the relative spacing of various unchanging facial features; pupils, nose tip, mouth corners, curve of chin, etc.

So I'm not sure why Gracie got those results. Interesting.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I really don't need AI to see a completely different person in my mirror, a pretty young woman.

And, that's even better than AI because I can go out and appear to be that woman! (As in this avatar pic!)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Its likely that the glasses are throwing off the facial recognition feature.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sometimes my phone recognizes me enflame, sometimes it doesn't. It really comes down to which wig I am wearing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Mine is setup in drab and it easily recognizes me either way and with any of my many wigs and glasses styles.
    It's not about hair, makeup or glasses. It recognizes facial shape and details so yours shouldn't be having difficulty.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    A long wig where the hair frames the face can throw off the "face shape" aspects. As will extreme eye makeup affect eye distance and size measurements. Still, it's hard to fool, and quite an accomplishment to do it..

Well, anti-LGBT police states are grateful to you for helping them fix this bug in their totalitarian software.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Its likely that the glasses are throwing off the facial recognition feature.
    If I have the wig off and the glasses on, it recognizes me. It does not recognize me with the wig and glasses on.

I've never had a problem on my iPhone recognizing me in either mode. For those that do however there is a feature on the iPhone that lets you set up an alternative face to unlock the phone.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Normally the algorithms have no difficulties with glasses / no glasses.
    Now not every smartphone is like iPhones with a 3D infrared scanner. Some have a cheap implementation relying solely on a camera (2-dimensional) picture of your face. These may get confused even with just makeup. A 3D scanner won't (or you did put a LOAD of makeup).

Aspiring Member
    My phone recognises me with and without makeup and wig.
    However, FaceApp cannot. It recognises me as female when made up, and male when I'm not.

My computer at first did not recognize me in Robyn mode but seems to have learned me through the time I have had it. It is funny but while disembarking from a cruise ship the FR camera did not recognize me at all and I had to have a short visit with the Customs Agents. lol... not sure what picture they were comparing me to, passport photo, picture submitted prior to boarding the ship, or what but it could not pick me out.
    " I have to tell you, sweetheart, my breasts are as smooth and beautiful as the day that I bought them " Lola from Kinky Boots