Thread: Be ready for compliment (and return of one)

Be ready for compliment (and return of one)

One thing I have noticed when dressed and non-dressed is the woman-to-woman compliment on clothes, accessories, hair, etc. With that you should be ready for the compliment which in guy mode this never happens.

A few situations from my own experiences.

1. I was traveling by myself en femme and checking into hotel. The hotel clerk checking me in complimented me on my dress. I had noticed her blue hair, which I really liked. It felt nice to hear her compliment and I was happy that my reply was sincere.
    2. I was getting my haircut ..my stylist knows about me and I was wearing tight jeans and fashion sneakers. She said that she loved my shoes. I replied that I found them on Walmart webisite for only $15 but they were super uncomfortable. We then talked about fashion over comfort at certain times. Felt good to have this girl talk.
    3. At work my colleague who I work with most .. does NOT know about Jay.. and she was wearing a really cool necklace. I said I liked it and asked if it was from the southwest. She told me the story but I was thinking that is not something a guy asks a coworker. But she did Not think anything about it, and I did enjoy the story.

All in all. I know everyone knows I am a guy when dressed, but still be ready for the compliments and try to return it.
    Last edited by JayBird; 11-07-2023 at 11:02 PM.

Yes, I get a lot of complements now that I have a distinctly feminine presentation. A lady golfer complemented me on my pink Tilley hat the other day. At the garden club meeting I got a compliment on the shoes I was wearing.

People also wait for me in the parking lot! As a guy I was invisible. As a woman they see me in their cars and wait all the time for me cross to get in or out of stores.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 11-07-2023 at 10:39 PM.

I've had SA's complement me on blouses, dresses, jewellery, colour of my nails. While queuing a GG has commented that we were wearing the same jacket.

I sometimes think it's a way of female bonding. A means to start a conversation. Whatever the reason I just go with it and engage as any other woman might.

Quiet people are hiding something! Lol. I am chatty with those around me no mater how I am dressed. Makes life more fun.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The same as Marion. As a guy I am completely invisible, but when dressed up everything changes. The kind that I really take to heart is when someone goes out of their way to compliment, as in walk across the room. That has made me much more keenly aware to pay compliments to others when I see something I like, not just keep it to myself. Some time ago I posted about approaching a group of 6 women just to tell them how great they looked and they were very appreciative that I noticed as they went to a lot of effort. It showed.

Sandi

Platinum Member
    I have experienced this quite often. Two random occasions come to mind. In one instance a woman I did not know came over to my table and said, I love your hair! Another time a young woman said I love your boots. Neither is something a guy would (or should) do.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I shop at a few local Food Lion grocery stores.

The ladies who work there will talk to me and say "we haven't seen you in while"
    I just tell them I've been here many times just dressed differently. So
    to them I'm invisible lol

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Excellent post, Jaybird! After my countless outings, often wearing ridiculous costumes or very revealing outfits I've gotten used to compliments and comments from women. So much so that don't fear being around women when dressed now!

On the other hand, men and dressers have been negative, threatening, or overly persistent in coming on to me!

The nastiest comment ever was from a trans at a T event in Vegas. And, she was much less passable then I am unmasked!
    Sherry still walks on eggs around other dressers I don't know!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-09-2023 at 12:35 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh my gosh, yes! Such a fundamental difference between the genders.

The compliments I have received while dressed have been so uplifting, I love the compliments that are specific to what I am wearing right then and not something more generic. This has gotten me to observe other women in the same way so I can be the one that makes the first compliment. Even in guy mode, I try and tell a woman when her outfit strikes a chord. But, I am very aware that I can’t comment about anything that could be seen as creepy. I often start my comment with, I know I am a guy and maybe I shouldn’t say anything, but your earrings ( or whatever) really look good. I was once at a car dealership when I had to follow this woman to the cashier and I just blurted out that I love your dress. A quizzical look was then followed by why she picked that outfit that day.

The cashier at Aldi complemented me on my sandals the other day. Unfortunately, I was not prepared for that as I was fishing out my credit card. I didn't respond with how comfortable they are, which should have been my response. I'll have to work on that. I've never received a complement like that in drab, but have received many when dressed. The women's world is different, and much better than guys grunting at each other.
    When appearing as a women, the smile from other women is friendlier. In drab, the smile from most women appears to be a bit questioning and defensive.

Yes Gracie, being ready for the compliment is a small key to blending. Hard when frazzled.

Christie , good tip on complimenting in guy mode. You can never compliment the dress or skirt though. Too creepy.

For halloween I wore a saree and I got compliments from two different women other than my wife who also complimented me.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Compliments are so nice for everyone, both receiving & giving them.
    When I see something special that catches my eye, I give one. At large gatherings like I just returned from, when I spot a girl that maybe is struggling with her confidence, I especially like to say something nice about her look. All part of the fun of supporting each other and making friends.

Emily

Just another 'Gurl'
    A simple yet important post Jay. Compliments can absolutely brighten any ones day. I like it when my wife asks me fashion advice. She says I pay more attention to women's fashion than I do men's. Well, guilty as charged!
    Just another man in a dress