Thread: Talking to GG or Friends

Talking to GG or Friends

Ladies,

How do you talk to GG or friends about your interests? How does it differ between male and female friends?

I have a GG friend who is quite accepting and knows some of my interests, but it always feels awkward to bring up specifically. I dont try to pass, I just dress as I feel comfy. I?d love to talk about it with her, its not sexual at all with her, but I dont know how to bring it up. Maybe best to leave it be? Wish I had a friend I could be open about it with

Perhaps for her it's not a big issue. As you say she's quite accepting so doesn't feel the need to discuss it.

You could ask for her opinion on what style say of wig she thinks might suit you best, do you think you'd look OK wearing...... show her pics of something you're thinking of buying. Go at it that way.

I had a friend that I could talk to about anything. Her and husband and two kids boy and girl. All accepted me and promoted me to come often dressed. They all absolutely loved me the way i was . We could talk about anything, she even started me on Avon as she was a saleswoman for them. I learned a lot about makeup from her and she was a model and had many photo shoots done. Unfortunately it?ll be three years this coming April she passed away from heart disease at 45. Anyway i still am close with her husband and kids as a matter of fact at Christmas every year they buy me makeup and outfits they think will look go on me. Keep an open mind you?ll find someone just as I did to talk to and communicate with. It really is great

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm a closet CD so my old friends don't know I dress. My family does but don't wish to discuss it!

I DO have one GG friend who I dress and take photos with. She calls me Sherry even when I'm not dressed!

I'm so lucky to have her as a friend!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

"How do you talk to GG or friends about your interests?"

I don't. My wife knows and that is as far as it goes for me. If anyone else knows, they don't bring it up to me, and I certainly don't need or want to initiate those conversations with females or males.

Well my wife knows about my little "hobby." Although she tolerates it, she could care less about it, has no interest in it and doesn't bring it up. We will talk about it if I bring it up. I gave up trying to talk with her about it. Her lack of interest makes me feel very uncomfortable talking about it.

As far as talking with my friends about it, male or female .... Unless you're a friend who happens to CD as well, then I will talk about it. Unfortunately, I don't have any friends who CD, IRL, that I know of. Although I do have lots of CD friends in the virtual world and we talk all the time about CDing. I have met a total of 3 CDs from the forums I frequent who live locally but we don't hang out. Why? Because that would require a conversation with my wife.

There are some people who I talk with all the time about my CDing but they are in the service industry. For the most part, they are my hairdresser, aesthetician, and the various SA's in the retail establishments I shop at.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Ask her to go shopping with you. Most women love to shop and it?s a perfect environment to discuss fashion, etc? while browsing.

I wonder what you need to talk to her about related to CDing. It may come as a surprise but most women don't talk about fashion, shopping, or makeup. They talk about people, events, world affairs, children, maybe relationships, often sports, and finance. If you want to talk about CDing to your friend, I recommend keeping it short.
    Last edited by char GG; 11-12-2023 at 09:05 PM.

I most commonly talk about gardening. I know about growing roses and hydrangeas in Connecticut.

Char, Good post, you made me laugh.
    I do not talk with anyone in RL. I would talk with my wife but as they say in New York. Fuggetaboutit
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    When I came out to most of my GG friends, I just sent a text and a picture.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Since I travel and meet GGs who have never seen me before , CDing comes up early in the discussion. They often ask what pronouns I like to use, so that leads into the CD discussion. From there I would say the hottest topic is relationships.

You have to be careful not to let CDing be the only thing you want to talk about. It is easy to do.

Sandi

A agree with Char. Women talk about fashion and the like on occasion, but mostly they talk about a lot of the same things men talk about. But some women talk a lot about fashion, shopping, and makeup because that is a major part of their personal lives. Men on occasion talk about sports or cars or hunting or the like that fit the stereotype, but that is only small part of what they talk about unless those subjects are a major part of their personal lives.

Perhaps your image is subconsciously aligned with the stereotype. The stereotype is just that; a stereotype that is not consistent with the reality. How much do you follow the male stereotype? I suspect, in bits and pieces like every other guy, but on the whole you are unique like everyone else. Stereotypes are downright dangerous.

I have four gg friends (I prefer to call them women) who I can openly talk to about CDing. We discuss many topics but spend a lot of time talking about fashion old and new. One of my women friends is 90 years old and we talk quite a bit about vintage fashion and she will tell me what she wore a long time ago and her preferences. We discuss all undergarments as well and the best part is I can present enfemme to them all.
    I don't wish to change my gender I just want to change my clothes.

I don't discuss it with other because frankly it's not their business and I don't need their input or approval.

The only males that know are those who crossdress also and were part of the support group I was part of. As for females the only that I have talked to were spouses or SO's of my crossdresser friends. It would be wonderful if I could just dress, sit down with other women and talk about it, get it all out and have a frank discussion but I don't see that happening any time soon. That's ok, my wife knows, supports and loves me and that's all I really need.
    The other day we were talking about New Year's Eve. A local restaurant always has an event. I said we should go. She said 'you'd have to dress up for that event' and we talked saying I don't have a suit or even a decent pair of pants to go with a suit jacket anymore. Then I said I could always wear that teal cocktail dress I've never worn. She said that's fine with me, but how would you feel there. So basically I have everything I need in support and don't have to have that of friends or relatives.
    I do have a male cousin who is openly gay and I've wanted to dress and tell him for quite some time, but we just never seem to have that right moment. Maybe I'll make a point of it for the New Year.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I would say the one thing you don’t want to talk about is CDing. Talk about your kids, about your plans and recent adventures, but not that you wore a skirt out to the grocery store.
    I have one good female friend who knows, accepts and is generally supportive, but she told me long ago, she wants to hear about me the person not me the crossdresser. Sometimes though, she will ask if it was Christine who had the adventure.

The only people I talk about my dressing with is my wife and other crossdressers. With other crossdressers I am more reserved than I am with my wife as I am pretty open with her.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My wife and I have a friend that I am almost out to. She is the one that calls me a girl and tells me that I am such a tart, (She is from England).
    I showed her a photo of me dressed last year when it was late into the night of a great dinner and tons of wine. She probably forgot about it.

I think I will bring it up again is the near future.

My wife is well aware I CD and doesn't particular care to talk about it. I have a bi step nephew who knows as I felt I needed to let him know this part of me when he came out to me. I thought it important he understand why I have no issues with him being bi. I have one other friend where I volunteer that knows I CD. She saw me buying a dress at Ross, asked me about it a few days later by asking how my wife liked the dress I bought her. I told her I couldn't lie to her and that the dress was for me as I CD. We've had several wonderful conversations about it, I've showed her a few pictures of me en femme and she was nice enough to be complimentary. We haven't spoken about it for likely 6 months now. I would like to meet another cross dresser or two for dinner, a movie, and some shopping. Unfortunately that opportunity hasn't presented itself as yet.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I don't talk about it with anyone. My ex-wife was pretty clear that it would never be accepted so I never broached the subject. Also in my area of professional expertise, could I ever even hope that it would be accepted.

To this day, being now both divorced (not a result of my dressing) and retired, I believe(hope) that it is my secret. I work very hard to keep it that way, That being said, living by myself affords the freedom to dress when I want and to what level I want, whether full make-up or just wearing panties and a bra. That, in of itself, is very liberating.