Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And another one gone, and another one gone

And another one gone, and another one gone

Yep, not sure what to make of this. Walking the dog this morning and realized another buzz has bitten the dust. It is no longer there. Perhaps the first, was wearing a bra. This is similar, wearing thigh highs. The buzz is gone, it just feels normal, like wearing crew socks. Hummm, again not sure what to make of this. It just is a new reality. You might argue it's progress, but could also argue it's a regression.

So, how do you deal with disappearing reactions?

How about wearing a bra and make sure people can see that your wearing one, now that will heighten your senses.

I think it is because it is part of your, our, routine. No big deal anymore. Remember when you first tried panties, this is somewhat the same.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    Honestly, I never feel a buzz or whatever. For me, it is how I live my life and frankly, I prefer it that way.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

As Crissy and Kim as saying, it becomes part of you. The initial excitement is likely breaking the social programming that's limited you until this point. I'm happy and calm to wear my knickers and vest every day. It only gets interesting when I'm changing at the gym (usually use a changing cubicle)!

For me, I'm happy with the normalisation of who I am.

I don't live for the buzz anymore. I just live as me, a CD. Normalizing my crossdressing has enabled me to progress, not regress. I used to have the "pink fog" as it is sometimes called, always loving the next new thing in my journey into femininity, the clothes, the shoes, and yes, the lingerie.

Now it is just a clothing choice. No guilt, no secret thrill (okay, maybe some of that still), no thinking "I'm getting away with it!". Yes, at times it feels like I've lost something, but what I have gained far outweighs any loss.

Hugs,

Jenna

In my instance, I would not say the "buzz" is gone, but rather shifted. I find I no longer get the same thrill by just donning the clothes or breaking the social norms, but rather from the progress in my presentation itself. To be able to go shopping without attracting negative attention, take photos that I and others like, to hear the occasional "ma'am", to attend a conference with other CDs or hear a compliment from others on my presentation all keep me going.

I'm trying to improve. If I can condition my body to be able to wear a crop top effectively, or expand my wardrobe choices, or improve my voice - all good stuff to me.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

In my 60 plus years dressing in female clothes the buzz has never gone. Now it is more a warm glow rather than a buzz. I never have moments when I don't want to dress.
    I don't wish to change my gender I just want to change my clothes.

As Crissy, Kim, and others say, things change and your reactions change. I am the same way. It is a process of normalizing. It feels good to adopt that more female-like way, but, for me, as with Kim, it is just a matter of who I am. It isn't up or down; it's flying level. Your brain has adapted to that and it has become normal for the most part. I still shift back and forth to some extent but that has become normal for me. Perhaps that is what has happened to you. Your reactions have not disappeared; they have just changed. No worries. How do I deal with it? Easy - accept it as a type of maturing.

I have way too much clothe from trying to catch that buzz by shopping and trying on something new. I totally understand you feelings with it coming and going. Don't forget, these colder and shorter days can mess with our minds.
    Last edited by StacyG; 11-13-2023 at 11:17 AM.

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    My 2 cents:
    1) CD is a term of wear cloths of another gender. (Fact)
    2) I have crossdressers starting at 5, but had issues prior to that.
    So in my case times were very different back in 1960’s, etc Terms and public attitudes were different,
    3) Transgender is the umbrella term that CD on one side and many variations in between to the far other side of a transsexual (non-operative to full-surgeries). A lot in the middle.

So I suggest based upon previous posts you are moving a little along this transgender scale. Ie more being normal attire.
    Very few end up in the for other side of transsexual.

I did that many years ago and I accepted that.

Banned Read only
    My Stephanie calls there is no "buzz." If I have an entire day or more to be Stephanie it's always a dress, hosiery and heels and all the proper undergarments. The entire day is consumed with doing domestic chores, light dining, tending the garden, etc. It's normalcy. There is no "prancing" before a mirror or endlessly trying on dresses. Clothes should be an extension of who you are. It should be grabbing who you are for the day rather than getting a "buzz." I guess, if you ask a cisgender woman, how she may feel, I bet she would say there is a "buzz" or heightened awareness of femininity if she is donning a party dress or formal attire for a function outside the norm. Otherwise, for me it is nothing more than pulling a dress off the rack for the day; no different than taking a pair of men's jeans of a hanger.

I know exactly what you are experiencing. I?ve dressed since youth. However since retirement, a few years ago, I dress daily, definitely underneath. It?s my preferred, normal life style. I don?t feel the ?buzz? like I used to or do I miss it. The beauty is, it?s been positively replaced by enjoyable comfort, warmth and a mirror-smile. Having a wonderful, supportive wife just adds to my life style, even though she?ll never understand how underwires and stockings are comfortable. I just smile.

Most of those early "reactions" have long faded away. The thrill of wearing nylons, panties or a bra under male clothing just doesn't happen anymore. Mostly because they are practically my daily fare and no longer under male clothing as the vast majority of my clothes aren't male.
    In some ways I miss that tingle of excitement, that thrill of no one knowing. In some ways I'm glad it's gone because that means I'm no longer hiding who I am and no longer concerned that someone might know my shoes are "male", my jeans aren't baggy, my shirt is perhaps too soft. I still revel in selecting the clothing I'll wear for the day. I enjoy choosing which bra or panty I'll slip into. I still love the feeling of nylons caressing my smooth, hairless legs. But yes, it's different now, it's Normal, it's Everyday. It's not ... forbidden. But it's still fun.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Read my disclaimer below, Donna. It pretty much describes not just CDing, but LIFE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Never any buzz, never any feeling of excitement from putting on female attire. It just felt normal, like it's what I'm supposed to be wearing. No sexual connection. Wearing man clothes feels like I'm wearing a uniform, that I want to change out of, and put on my own clothes (girl clothes) again.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I live full time as a woman but still enjoy getting dressed and mingling with the general public. It's become normal but it's a good normal that feels wonderful.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

I don't really get a buzz by cross dressing. Since I wear panties 24/7, I figure that's just what I do. Since I am outwardly cross dressed at least 50% of the time, it just feels normal. I've never worn jewelry (other than a watch and my wedding ring) in drab mode; but, I wear 3 - 5 bracelets when en femme. Often times when I'm returning to drab mode, I have to remind myself to remove some of the bracelets I'm wearing. Yes, in the early days of CDing, I got a bit of a charge out of dressing, or under dressing, en femme. But, that feeling is long gone. Now, I just feel normal.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

No, I’ve never had a buzz from crossdressing. I like to explain my feelings like this: suppose you were forced to wear a gorilla suit all day, every day. Then somebody says “ok, take off that suit and put on your regular clothes.” Imagine what a relief that would be.

It’s a tremendous relief to take off my male clothing, and put on my regular clothes (I.e. female clothes) but no buzz.

But then, I’m female despite appearances.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    So, first it was a bra and now it's thigh highs.
    Hold on. I gotta scroll up and see what Karren said.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Actually thinking about it some more, it was not correct to call it a buzz, it was more a feeling of wearing something naughty or forbidden.

Thank you all for your comments.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    This is human nature and how addictions work. It's the rule of diminishing returns. you need to increase the thrill to get the same level of excitement from the experience. Maybe by comparison getting caught is our version of overdosing? I used some humor there but it is kind of similar.

I had a friend gushing about newly shaved legs. She tried to point out that I could never experience that again because I did laser. I turned around and said imagine having that feeling all the time it would just be normal. It's not any less enjoyable. Don't let your perspective ruin it for you.

Donna, I no longer have that buzz you describe. Doesn't matter, I still love to dress or go shopping, etc.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Fortunately Im still buzzing in my panties this morning.

I welcome my disappearing reactions. That's the best way to eliminate the fetishism for me.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving