Thread: It took over a year, but finally did it

It took over a year, but finally did it

Some time ago I had my ears pierced. At that time, my wife got some beautiful real gold dangle earrings for me. But I just could not wear them. The problem was the left ear. The earrings were lever backs and try as I may, I just could not get the left earring in. It seemed the space between the back and the front of the earring just was a bit too tight, and I had too much ear to get in. I didn't want to give up on the earrings as they were too pretty. Finally yesterday I suceeded, and they looked and felt fabulous. I don't know what changed, if the ear lobe stretched a tad from wearing other earrings, or I just learned better to how to get them on. Anyway, it was a great experience. Naturally my wife is going to borrow them for Christmas dance. Nice.....

Donna, Perseverance does pay off. The earrings sound wonderful but you may never get them back from your wife.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    I have no expereince with pierced ears, so I have no idea what the original problem was, or what might have changed. Glad that you are now able to wear and share them!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Since I love dangle earrings, I think the hole was pulled down just a tad so now there was less bulk in the way.

Yes, I do expect I'll have to share the earrings, but that's all good good good.

Donna, That's great. My wife borrows my clip-ons all the time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sounds fab. Really looking forward to having mine pierced next week. Last Christmas I had on clip on earrings for the day and ended up with swollen lobes for all January.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Go to a piercing shop the guns work but piercing shops. Do? It better it kind of does matter.

Depends on the earring style but most I found to be pretty flimsy.
    You might be able to gently expand the earring to fit better.
    Yes I'm suggesting to bend it in very careful words.

Maybe the left ear piercing was a bit higher than the right and that's causing a problem.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Gurrrl, I've been having pierced ears for a few years now. Love it. It did take me a while to get used to putting on my earings. Now it's a snap. Keep wearing your earrings girl.

I think I mentioned it before but my hair dresser that I've had for over thirty years always makes a comment about my ear lobes. She tells me it's strange that as long as she knew me I always wore diamond studs but my ear lobes are showing signs of stretching that is usally caused by heavy cosmetic earrings. She said some women have make a new hole next to there original hole because the stud will go right through. I find it much easier to put on earrings these days, I don't know if it's because the hole is getting bigger or I'm just getting better at it.

I still use clip on earrings. They do start hurting after a while, you learn to pull them off quickly when finished.