Thread: Serendipity

Serendipity

I have been with my wife for 20 years. A long time ago we started watching older sitcoms to end the night. Cheers, Friends, Newhart, etc. About 6 months ago we started watching The Golden Girls. This show is so funny. Some story lines of course don't hold up, but overall fantastic.

Over the past 20 years I have explored CD. Mostly in secret. Never fully, or even understood or accepted by me. That is a post for another day.

This Halloween we were late in picking costumes. I decided to wear my wife's witch costume, dress, knee highs, black lipstick. Needless to say I really enjoyed that. The following week my wife remarked on how much I enjoyed it and that started the conversation that I would truly like to explore CD more. The conversation continues while we take it slow. She is already helping in small ways like trimming my bushy eyebrows! Yet another post for another day.

Now back to The Golden Girls. Last night we watched season 6 episode 12, Ebbtide's Revenge. The main plot is that Dorothy's brother Phil has passed away. And the main plot about Phil is that he was a long time crossdresser.

The universe works in mysterious ways.

Lynette, Welcome to the forum. Who doesn't love the Golden Girls. I'm glad your wife is accepting.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Lynette,
    First, Welcome. You'll find lots of acceptance and support in out little club, Lot's of great people willing to listen and offer the benefit of years(or decades) of experience going through what you and your wife are starting to talk about.
    I wish you and her the best of luck. It can be a tricky journey. The bets thing is to keep talking...

Also, I have to admit, when I think of 'older' sitcoms, I think of shows like 'Andy Griffith' and 'The Beverly Hillbillies.'
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Welcome Lynette.. Sounds like you had a super great Halloween.
    Looking forward to you future posts for another day.

Like Shelby, a great old one for me is the Dick VanDyke show.

Emily

Hi Lynette, Welcome to our forum. I?m blessed with a totally supportive wife. It?s wonderful. You?re right, taking it slowly. Honestly and a touch of humor helps. Looking forward to your next chapter. Wishing you the best. Yes, the universe works in mysterious ways.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Lynette, u forgot to mention where u went in your costumes? Do u think u passed at the party or event?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    I love that the Halloween costume led to constructive conversations. I hope it progresses in a positive way!

It is interesting when art imitates life. I wonder how many families have discovered this about a departed loved one.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Welcome aboard Lynette!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Welcome, Lynette. That is a nice, positive post. It's so nice that your wife is being supportive in the early stages of knowing you would like to explore CDing.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Welcome Lynette!

Lynette, Welcome to the site. I made sure to tape the episode so my wife could see it .

Nothing like being open with your wife, like a breath of fresh air.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

First of all welcome to the community. In my experience my wife tells me after 50 years since I told her she believes her worst memories were when I was aggressive or push her to hard. My experience is to take it slow and communication is important and as much as we want to push the pedal to the floor and go we have to learn control and to consider your wife's feelings too. Enjoy your time here.