Thread: The Wonders of Technology

The Wonders of Technology

Because my wife insists on a DADT relationship, most of my dressing opportunities come when she is off shopping, at an appointment, or otherwise gone from the house. The problem with this, of course, is there's no guarantee how long she'll be gone, and some of my most stressful moments have come when she returned unexpectedly (e.g., "I forgot my shopping list"). And even when she stayed out for the expected length of time, the uncertainty was stressful, and it caused me to cut my sessions short prematurely.

Recently one of our daughters signed us up for an app called Life360 that tracks the cellphones of "circle" members, so that you always know where they are and whether they are stationary or moving. I am now relieved of the burden of anxiety. For example, my wife had a hair appointment this morning at a salon about 25 minutes away. I was able to confirm that she arrived, and the app alerted me when she left the salon about 10 minutes ago.

I'm sure there are probably other ways to track cellphones. I highly recommend using one. And, of course, there are many benefits other than the one I'm enjoying, especially safety.

I have to go now. She's 8 minutes away, and a few things are still on the bed.

Yep, early warning of return is something that could save many from a panic attack.

And cutting your precious time short and then finding out you could have had another hour or even two can be annoying and irritating in equal measure.

What will happen when she leaves her cell phone at home?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Or, u could act like adults? If she knows u dress and has no desire to see u dressed, why couldn't she simply call u when she's coming home unexpectedly?

I arranged that with my adult daughter who lived with me and my dressing went from very stressful to very relaxing overnite!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My family got Life360 too. Having two (teenage) kids at home, it made dressing possible when it was otherwise impossible. It's still stressful though. I have to check every ~15 minutes to be sure where they are. But, it's greatly reduced stress.

My wife has on occasion called ahead when she's on the way home with kids.

If you have an iPhone, "Find My Phone" works great. It's saved me a number of times.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

I know too many couples who use such apps because they don't trust each other not to screw around. My wife and I have agreed that a relationship that needs such "tools" is not a relationship. Have you tried honesty? Even DADT won't work without it.

We use this app with my family ( daughters and myself) after an incident ( long story) for our safety.
    Be aware she can turn it off ( location) and once mine got shut off by accident and my daughters were frantic..
    So watch for that.
    If it is a DADT wouldn’t she give you a heads up ( txt you -coming home so she doesn’t have to talk about it or see )or is it she thinks you do not dress anymore?
    Last edited by Di; 11-20-2023 at 04:51 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Oh YES! May techy adult daughter installed Life 360 on my phone and my wife's phone. Problem is she can now track my movements. And she knows if I stop at my favorite thrift store for a bit of dress shopping.
    She does not approve.

The phone also becomes a active listen device for law enforcement for ICE. That was told by me by attorney instructor at a situational awareness class. Miss Mystery enjoy dressing and be safe, maybe a hotel room next time????
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    We recently moved into a new home that has much more privacy than our old one. Our new driveway is 250 yards long and I installed a driveway alert to let us know if someone is coming. It gives me enough warning to do a quick change if necessary.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I won't be retiring for another 10-12 years but a huge part of buying out retirement home will include a lot of outdoor privacy. I long to be outside sometimes, not possible living in a condo in the city.

I would have loved some of this technology during my first marriage. My now fianc? always finds a way to give me a heads up when she's coming home or when I can expect her. I still have a panic attack either way, even though she has told me she loves the thought of catching me "enjoying myself" sometime.
    Last edited by char GG; 11-21-2023 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours

We use it at our home. We both use it to see where we are. Not spying but just knowing what is going on.

Caught dressing is not a problem at my home. Sorry.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    My wife will usually call me if she is coming home early or late from something. Natrualy I do the same for her. After 40+ years together we have no secrets. Getting caught is not a big deal, but the preferred situation, these days, is for me to be drab when she arrives home.