Thread: Too old for clubbing ?

Too old for clubbing ?

I was using Google and saw one of those suggested searches saying how old is too old for clubbing. One survey apparently said 37 is the cut off. Oh well I guess a few of us did not get the message. Maybe the majority feels that way but not all. Last week when I went out , 3 women came up to me to pay me compliments. One said she would love to dress like me, but did not feel as if she could pull it off. That is an interesting take on it. I certainly need a lot of silicone and accessories to as she said, pull it off, a lot more than she would have required ; )

So I think I will try to forget what I read because I am still having way too much fun.

Sandi

That's silly! Don't believe the survey.

My situation is different because I worked in clubs for so long and I partied like crazy when I was younger too and for a long time . I was very very wild lol I still can be sometimes too ..
    I was raised in a very avant gard household ..

So the clubbing days are long over for me at 61 here but now I go more to jazz clubs and chic lounges which I like alot .. the clientele and the atmosphere upscale and where the kind of people are that I want to be around are ..
    Before I got so sick this year I would occasionally go out to clubs here in Hollywood with my daughter and her actor friends so we would go to places where lots of very young interesting people are and of course the guys like talking to the older chick but really I was not comfortable with the huge age difference. Its fun sure , but I felt a waste of time somehow ??

I think I just grew out of it . I'm not sure what happened ... probably partied myself out lol I started with a fake id at 17 so ..
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    I'm one of us that missed that meeting and didn't get the memo Sandi.
    The two women I was out with recently were both I'm guessing, late 40's & 50's. There was a good mix of young & older club goers that night.

Emily

Doh. accidentally deleted my own post:

But yea char , had way too much fun dancing with the younger crowd to hang it up just yet.

And Dutchess,
    Yes some clubs are a lot better for me than others, but even the same club can be so different on one night than another, I found you have to go to a club for a few times to get the feel of it. So far I am up to 44 around the US and hope to publish the favorites some time.

Sandi

PS. Emily you know we think alike.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sandi , Someone has to do it, It May as Well Be You, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sandi, I do not think you will ever be too old for clubbing. You enjoy it too much and the people whose lives you touch really enjoy it.
    Keep going girl, you know we love to hear your adventures
    Crissy

I do not believe it.
    Yea some places I do not go to because everyone looks like they are in College or High School.
    Also to much testosterone there for me.

When I am in Vegas most places are great a accepting ... they just want your money lol

get out of here !!!!, I am 66 and still go clubbing !!!!

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I'm with you Sandi. Age is just a number, growing up is an option and I'm going kicking and screaming all the way

Don't stop now we enjoy hearing about your outings.

I think it depends on the reason..

A lot will depend on the nightclub and its outlook.

Two examples where I did go to a nightclub

1 The first is a attached to an LGBT friendly bar which removes any real stress as you know you will be welcome.

2 This was at at a event in the UK called Sparkle ( transgender celebration weekend) where the majority of nightclubs will welcome you.

I saw a Lady in the nightclub, who when asked her age, proudly stated, she was 88 years old
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Being young is an experience we should all have - at whatever age we have it.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I recommend you keep having fun until you don't have fun anymore and people start to kind of wonder about "Who the old lady is and why she is here?" Calendars are great but it is probably not wise to live according to them. It seems to me that 37 is still way too young and there are clubs for the youngsters and for the older folks and even seniors. So maybe it was a 22 year old that dreamed up that number. Move on; it is fake news and an alternative fact.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    It all depends where you go. if you're 40 and surrounded by 20 year olds you might be a little out of place. There are places where older people go. I think you can fit right in at the right place. I'm part of a 40 plus Singles group and we constantly fill the place with people similar in age.
    You're never too old to have fun.

Nah, forget the survey. Go with your heart for as long as you can and want to. You?re having fun, meeting people, etc. Enjoy.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "You're as old as u feel." Is absolute nonsense if you're my age, 80, and you're out at vanilla stores and restaurants in drab. Every young person in America ignores old people in vanilla venues. Even tho I'm trim and don't move like an old man!

But, when you're dressed sexy and act like a vibrant trans, people will accept u out clubbing! There they will treat u as "old as u feel" and act!

I was at a huge club event last nite and being the only trans' there, after dancing along with everyone else for over an hour we were not just accepted, we were warmly welcomed! Mostly by young women but by quite a few men, too! (Details and photos of our incredible evening in the "Photos" section here soon!)

If u feel, look, and act like an old woman? You'll be treated that way in clubs. But, if u feel much younger than your age, get out there and strut your stuff! Young people will appreciate and welcome u, I promise!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-26-2023 at 02:25 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    As others have said, keep doing it as long as you are enjoying yourself.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sandi, as you know, I thoroughly enjoy going out and dancing the night away much like you. I?m in my mid forties and honestly the older I get the less I worry about what others think. This is enabled by my wife?s view on life and my dressing. If we both enjoy it then we do it, if it gets to a point where we are not having fun that?s when we?ll stop. I think you should organize a Sandi Beech club night for us, I?ll be there! Sara

Thanks for all the positive responses.

Just think about what Dolly Parton did by putting on a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader outfit to perform at 77 years young. Nothing like throwing away the rules ; )

Love it.

Sandi

We have a member in our golf group who is 91 and the general reaction is "I hope to be golfing when I'm 91."

Look, we'd be going to a club in a dress (or whatever Sandi is wearing) and your main worry is your AGE?????

Earlier this year I was out down under and ran across a sign that said "Obey the rules. Miss the fun."

Just do what you want to do and don't let others decide for you.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Sandi,

From East TN, Dolly is a "Rockstar" many times over.

What a beautiful and compassionate lady....

Davina

Sandi, with your looks and choices of female clubbing attire you have many years of dancing the night away deep into your senior years.