Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First public outing

First public outing

What was the first time you went out in public? Were you fully dressed? Alone? In a secluded area and time of day or crowded place?

Trying to hear others experiences before I attempt to do it myself. Thanks in advance and looking forward to reading your responses.

-Jodie

My first outings were like 30 years ago and I did the typical mall walks and burger drive throughs at night , always alone, except for one time. It seemed a thrill at the time but really was not so great compared to meeting people socially. I started going to lgbt type clubs in 2017 and it is a blast. I wish I had realized that sooner. I have a number of posts about my outings as do some of our other members. You do not have to pass. You do not even have to try. Just be friendly and someone will be accepting even if it is only your bartender, so tip well and smile.

; )

Sandi

Platinum Member
    My first step was out my front door, but lasted only long enough to move a sprinkler. Not a very impressive outing. But little by little I gained control of my nerves and extended the duration and length of each excursion. Eventually, I realized that no one was watching, or if they were watching, they did not care. I suppose a couple of weeks or a month elapsed before I actually left the relative safety of my own yard and went to the mall.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Mine was two weeks ago in Chicago. I made a whole thread about it! I don't think I ever would have done it unless my partner pushed me to do it and supported me. I got a makeover, we went to the mall, and went out to eat at a nice sit down restaurant. Overall, it was a wonderful first day out.

My first was when in was 16, in 1968. I had been dressing for almost a decade, in my mothers clothes. I would escape to the basement where I had my stash hidden, after everyone was asleep and dress. Fully, except wig, I used a hair net with curlers stuck to my hair. Really wish I had a photo of that! The basement had an outside stairway to the garage so one night I snuck outside and took a walk around a couple city blocks. Was very cold and the cold air on my nylon clad legs and up my skirt was amazing! About 3/4 of the way around the block, a car came up from behind me and I got spooked. Being caught crossdressing on a small farming village in the 60's would have been devastating. So I took off running for the house, curlers flying, must have broken all kinds of speed records. lol

Did not attempt to go outside again until I was in college and then when I was in my late 40's, 50's, 60's.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

About 15 years ago, I met a CD that I had first met here. I was fully dressed and we went to an LGBT bar/restaurant for lunch and conversation. That was the first of many times out.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Like so many of us, my first timid steps out the door were to walk in my backyard...That gave way to driving while dressed, which was so liberating and exciting. The car was a sanctuary, other drivers might glance over while driving, or at a red light, finally, I was truly out and about! Short drives gave way to longer drives...And then, small steps outside the car...Next it was to an ATM, pumping gas, then window shopping after hours in a small downtown.

Finally, I had the fortitude to attend a CD party or two...I still don't go out in public much, but I did break out, and all of it's been fun.

I too wish I could have seen Karren running like the wind with curlers in her hair.

I had the same very small moments when no one was home and I would run outside and then run right back in. It wasn’t until college when I could drive and be out. That soon became getting gas, and paying for it at the window. Not many credit cards then. So thereafter, going into the store at night and then going in the store during the day and buying something.

It would have been so much easier then if they had credit cards and self checkout….but no, we had cash and you had to actually pay a person who then made change and they always commented on your dress.

Banned Read only
    My first public outing with the intention of mingling with fellow humans was on a Halloween. Before that I had gone for drive and evening strolls in a quiet neighborhood. On my first Halloween foray I wore a just-below-the knee long sleeve jade street with a black floral pattern, black heels and black hosiery, a brunette shoulder length wig and all the proper undergarments; black bra and panty and black full slip. I had done my makeup and nails. If one has angst with mingling or just being seem Halloween is the best day of the year. I went into retail establishments and actually got some compliments.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Wink I guess I'm and all or nothing kind of T?

My 1st outing was a week at SCC a T convention in Atlanta. With 700+ T's in the hotel and about 40 attendees from CD.com it was a week of daily and evening dressing and mind blowing experiences with a heap of new friend!

That was nearly 20 years ago and I'm still in touch with a few of them. Altho nearly all the CD.com T's have graduated or moved on!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    My first "real" outing was while my wife was at a Dr. appointment, there are a number of building on the property with streams, water falls and walking paths. I changed in the car, put on my make up and walked all the trails (over a mile) during the day with lots of people out and about. No negative comments from anyone, it was great.

Like many I have been dressing since my early teens but I finally ventured out in public around 2013 I was on a business trip so I dressed in a skirt, blouse, heels, wig, full makeup and hit the local mall. Nothing negative happened but I was easily clocked as a crossdresser back then after that it was a slippery slope into many more crossdressing ventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    I too wish I could have seen Karren running like the wind with curlers in her hair.
    I thought I looked beautiful, but in reality! Lol

I did not count the many times when the local gang of girls played catch the boy and put a dress on him! I was 9 or 10. And surely not the slowest boy in the block, I got caught a lot more than anyone else. I still remember wearing that old dress, surrounded by all those girls. A number of times at night, when everyone was asleep, I would wear my mothers long line girdle and bra and sneak out of the house and walk up and down the sidewalk. Guess I had a streak of exhibitionism in me way back then!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My first and only time out was in my early teens when my mother dressed me as a girl for Halloween. She put me in my sister’s clothes, tied a cute scarf around my head, and drove me to a nearby town to attend a Halloween event. I spent several glorious hours mingling with the crowd, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.
    Honoring the woman within

Not a race….you just do you.

When Sher first went out she chickened out …..and that’s fine.
    She still wanted to try so I had her envision it in her mind first then act it out.
    We did that and picked something easy, wore clothes to blend it and it went great.
    Before we knew it her confidence grew and we went everywhere.
    So start small is my advice .
    Or A TG/Cd event that it might be their first time.
    Enjoy
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

My first outing was with my wife at a neighborhood Halloween party.
    I was a little stunned by how many times I was groped (thigh, butt, and boobs) by men and women. Two men made a deal about putting their hands over my mouth and kissing the back of their hands.
    It was confusing, thrilling, scary, and a bit more than I expected.
    I did win best costume and got $50.

Wedding dresses are really comfy.

My first time was when I was about 16 also.
    Home alone, dressed with makeup (it was terrible) and I walked out the door into the daylight. I was sooo scared. Of course after that there were the typical night ventures in dark parking lots and such.
    My first "real" time out in public I went to a support group meeting. When it ended someone said "who's going to the diner?". I was like WHAT? They did this regularly and I said OMG WTF, let's go! There were about 8 of us. We walked in, were greeted by the manager, a waitress led us to our table ... in the Middle of the room ... and we sat and owned it. We were treated like royalty and it was fantastic. After that the world was my oyster and I began going everywhere, to the malls, the movies, restaurants and nothing was ever the same again. Those ladies broke me forever and I thank them for it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren H View Post
    ?.I did not count the many times when the local gang of girls played catch the boy and put a dress on him! I was 9 or 10. And surely not the slowest boy in the block, I got caught a lot more than anyone else. I still remember wearing that old dress, surrounded by all those girls. A number of times at night, when everyone was asleep, I would wear my mothers long line girdle and bra and sneak out of the house and walk up and down the sidewalk. Guess I had a streak of exhibitionism in me way back then!
    I wish I had grown up in that neighborhood!!!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    The first time out, I was on vacation in Colorado. This was about 25 years ago. I had just purchased my first wig. I had rice filled nylons for boobs, terrible makeup and scared s***less. I managed to make it out to my truck (tall trucks and skirt don't go well together) drove around. I made it in to a store at the outlet mall, I think I shocked the SA just a bit. I could not find my voice at all. Headed back to the hotel, made it back to my room. I was breathing so hard I felt like I just ran a marathon. The whole outing only lasted about 45 minutes. But I made it back alive.
    It took another 15 years before I had a proper outing. Now I can leave my house dressed and interact with just about anyone. And I look good (or at lease not terrible) doing it.
    Sara

My first time out was 18 months ago. I wore a long denim skirt and long sleeve tunic top to a large state park near me. A few days later, I went to an outdoor mall in the same clothes and I was hooked. Since then I have been out over 300 times and have lived full time as a woman for the past year.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Does wearing nail varnish count, when shop assistants can see? If so then a couple of times. I regularly go out with knickers on, recently adding a bralette and today some thigh highs. Enjoying every moment that I can!

I'm not sure I'll want to go out, unless I can pass. I may well mix it up into a hybrid mode with some male and some female bits. Androgynous?

My first time was the night before Thanksgiving in 1995. My wife went to her dad's with our daughter to help him get ready to host Thanksgiving. I got dressed as soon as she left and waited until about 10 pm. I drove around a bit, and even got out of my car in a shopping center parking lot. I didn't have a wig, but my hair was long enough to be styled feminine as best as I could. My legs were not shaven, but I had on a skirt and tights. I'm sure my makeup was atrocious. I was only out for about 45 minutes, and it was heaven. It was the beginning of many years of exploring and experimenting with my gender.

Jodiee, great thread but really just go for it, you'll only regret not having done it earlier!

My first time out of the front door was at about 18 though I had been dressing almost every single chance since 13 or so. I will admit it took about 15 minutes to actually walk out that door but it was well worth the wait. I had on a pink knit dress and 3" sandals, a grey coat and a purse with all the required items, my best effort on makeup and long, pink fake nails. After grabbing the door handle and letting go for the 10th time I finally just twisted it, stepped through and went right to the car, slid in and put on the seat belt, such a feeling when it fell between but the best was actually driving with heels! I just went for a short drive but since then have tried to relive that original event, you should try it for yourself!

Mine was Blackpool about 6am in February.
    Id always said i wanted to do it but the wife was the one that said one day, "we do it this Sunday" So i could hardly back out.

We left the house at 5am underdressed and got changed down the road (kids at home) Blackpool is about 45 min drive. The closer we got the more excited/scared i was. Carpark is 50m from beach front

It was still dark when we got there, few people about

Spent about an hour walking, it got light and more people were out. I got a few looks disapproving but nothing was said.

I think it was because someone was with me, if id been alone it could have been a lot different.

Drove back dressed and changed on the way. Not done it since as my wife is not fully on board with my dressing

Emily xx

My first time out was to a work colleague's Halloween party at his rather large cabin deep in the woods. Tootsie (the movie) had its highly successful release that year so I attended through pink fog and the thinnest veil of contemporary cover. I wore a mid-thigh denim skirt, black turtleneck, Good-Will bra stuffed with I can't remember what, a thin blonde wig, appropriate tan hosiery, bad makeup (by today's standards) and a wicked pair of black knee-high boots with 3 1/2 inch spike heels courtesy of JCPenney. My legs were my strength and I played to them and luckily they got the most attention. Crossing the threshold to see 40 or 50 work colleagues and wives was, as someone mentioned above, thrilling and terrifying, at the same time. Not another male was remotely crossdressed as crossdressing was not so common in my rural Midwest town in the early 80s. I made it through the evening gathering too much attention for my introverted ways. A lot of amazing memories though. What was I thinking?

It didn't seem to hurt my career climb, but the costume continued to be brought up at the most unexpected times, even 15 years later. (If they could only see me now.)
    Last edited by Taylor186; 12-03-2023 at 04:48 PM.