Thread: Getting dog's nails cut!

Getting dog's nails cut!

Just thought I would post this experience!
    We take Nikki to get her nails trimmed to a groomer named "Southern Tails" with an American flag in the background of their sign! Know that I am in NC! We go in and get her nails done and my daughter calls me Dad! I am fully dressed en femme! The groomer hands me the appointment card for next time! She smiles and says, "Thank you, Ma'am!"
    Day to day life experiences that prove that we are all just humans! I have no problems anywhere I go! I am accepted at least as someone more female than male!
    Get out there and live life!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    The dog groomer sees and responds to you as the person you are today. Your daughter, naturally, sees you in a somewhat different context.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Im so happy for you. Its hard to get out there. I get panic attacks these days just thinking about the aspect...
    "Be excellent to each other" (Wyld Stallyons)

"Marches alone cant bring integration, if human respect is disintegrating" (Barry McGyuire)

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    The other day my son introduced me to his wife's cousin saying "This is my Dad, Sarah." They blinked and we carried on the conversation. Yesterday was the annual poker game I've been part of for over 30 years. So there's a lot of history and it's usually a lot more visiting and catching up than it is poker. So after a few hands and a few drinks when my friend of over 50 years refers to me with he/his/him pronouns, the others correct him now and I don't have to. I mostly get treated as a woman, even though I'm on the tall side.

One thing that's finally starting to work in my favor is the nearly two years working on my voice. I don't always keep it where I prefer, but I've finally developed enough muscle memory that I can get it back quickly. The more I think about it, the more it seems to be success based on multiple little steps forward over the years. Learning to dress, do makeup, work with my hair, develop the voice, become confident in the mannerisms and finally realizing I'm not going back and even if someone has an issue with me, it won't change my journey or how comfortable I've finally become. They are little more than a speed bump as I move past them.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I am almost always addressed as a woman. I have a slight build for a guy and I also have been told by more than one person that I have some definite female features such as high cheekbones. I still keep my guard up and always proceed with the expectation that someone will incorrectly address me.

Lana Mae, I love your story, it's so affirmative when people call us ladies (whenever I go with my wife) or mom, etc.
    I daily work with new respondents. I had never had a experience of refusal for who I am.
    Once, while interviewing a white male, one of the questions are obvious answers so I can't make assumptions, and that I explain to all my respondents beginning the interview.
    I reach the point to ask him if we was male, female, transgender or other gender. I look at me and said, I'll tell you Devi : God created just males and females, whatever in between is devil's trick.
    Interviews sometimes take one hour or more. When I finished, it was night, dark, in a bad neighborhood, so the guy, in his 60's, ask me, Devi, where did you park your car, I answer, just really close, a short walk, he says, I could go with you, this is not a good neighborhood for a lady like you...
    Still that, my middle kid still calling me dad when out and about. At the beginning that would bother me, but not longer. I don't longer "read" people's faces, I don't care. It's more the men that turn to look around checking me for being pretty that any that could look me in a weird way....
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION