Thread: How did you choose your boy name!!

Platinum Member

How did you choose your boy name!!

Ok guys, i noticed this question the girls section and wondered what was the reasoning behind choosing your male name??? was there some special reasoning as to why you came to that decision, also for the boys that havent figured a boys name yet, tell us why not if you wish to!

For me I just changed one letter on my name cos at the time i was lazy and couldnt think of one when i started joining forums.....the thing is now its stuck in the 'real world' too, my friends all call me Kells.

However i will be changing my name legally pretty soon to something different just to confuse everyone!

Adam was a freind i had at school who moved away years ago to another country we lost contact so i thought it would be a good name my middle name simon my mum picked for me

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I choose Aaron because it could be both male or female so if some one asked it could blend in. Micheal not sure why.

Gender Undecided Fainne the King's Avatar
    Alex b/c it starts with the same letter as my middle name so I can tell people the A stands for Alex and also my mom always wanted to name her son Alexander.
    I tried to be a boy
    tried to be a girl
    tried to be a mess
    tried to be the best
    I guess I did it wrong
    -Madonna

Keith Haring. He is my.. I won't say idol, but he's a really cool guy (you make recognize his little people). He was the inspiration for my name, anyhow. I think Keith is a very sexy name, on it's own. I'm so tiresome. :P

birth name is Melissa so I looked for masculine forms of my name to make a transition easier and found it with Mel. It also might have to do with the fact I like Mel Brooks Movies.
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    I've got a unisex name (Alexis) so I just shorten it to Lex or Alex.
    My case is almost the same as Lex's. Alexis is my middle name, so I just shortened it to Lex. The Capt part came from all the pirate video games that I play, and it's also a metaphor for being the captain of my own destiny.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    when i change my name legally it will be Kieron Aaron
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 04-29-2006 at 12:25 PM.

I just choose Ryan one day, my names b4 were jodi, then yrs ago i changed it to joely to be shortened to joel, but it was still girly so i picked Ryan and stuck with that. My drivers licence looks good with Ryan on too. hehe.

You all will laugh at how I chose my name. I wanted a unisex name just incase I "had" to be a girl sometime. I live on Taylor St. I love the name and therefore I became Taylor. What's really funny is my brother's name is Andrew and he came to live with me in Texas when I lived on Andrews St. That was just a coincidence though. lol Taylor

Well, it's kinda complicated but my parents picked mine out for me. Were going to name me after two of my uncles - Thomas Andrew.

Andrew seems pretty popular.
    Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.