Thread: One of those moments

One of those moments

A few nights ago I awoke to use the bathroom. As I walked in I shot a quick glance in the mirror. For some reason I saw Angela. No wig, makeup, etc. Just a presence. I asked my therapist about this and she said it was a reaffirmation of who I really am. At first I was somewhat unnerved but then I thought perhaps the look in the mirror was my subconscious finally overcoming my hesitation to fully embrace my feminine side. Have any of you had such moments? and if so what was your reaction?

There are times when I'm dressed but sans wig and makeup that I get the feeling of being totally comfortable, at my most natural and relaxed.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

The odd occasion I'm in male mode, when I've been to the loo, I tuck him back under when there is no need, lol

Yes, I have! I was in the bathroom and had not looked in the mirror but turned and glanced in the mirror and there was Lana Mae! I was in drab at the time! I enjoyed that vision and headed into the rabbit hole! It was so amazing! It was the reason I got a transformation! It is why I am a transwoman!
    Regardless how far your journey takes you, this is an amazing experience for anyone! I am glad you had it!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

As I usually sit around the house in my nightgown after getting out of bed, I definitely feel like Diane. I think I've caught a glimpse of her in the bathroom mirror a time or two after getting out of the shower.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Bear in mind I'm new to CD. One time I was dressed in a fullish outfit (I was borrowing my wife's as the time). No makeup or wig. There was a real and big jolt of rightness when I looked in the mirror. Gender euphoria (not dysphoria) is what I reckon. I was happy. I came back to that memory. It makes me wonder if I'm trans or I'll get there eventually, even though I'm happy with my manhood (though I want to start tucking as my manhood spoils the lines of my underdressed look). Confusing! I am happy and calm when dressed.

Maybe once, but usually it is the other way around! I am all dressed up and look in the mirror and see him bleeding through. Sigh.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U r quite lucky u know, Angela? I waited for Sherry to appear for years after joining CD.com.

But, some of us simply do NOT have a woman inside!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Karen: I am all dressed up and look in the mirror and see him bleeding through. Sigh
    I know ... mirrors have a vicked sense of humor!
    It helps if you turn the light off ...

Platinum Member
    I avoid mirrors until I begin putting on my makeup. If I have done a reasonably good job, I will see myself quite clearly.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Mirror?s last time I looked there wasn?t anyone there. Does that mean I?m part vampire?

There have been a number of time when I've been shopping en femme that I catch my image in a mirror. The first thing I thought was, "Cute chick." Then I realized that it was me in the mirror. Then I thought, "Oh, it's me! Cute chick."
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Angela, I have definitely seen Jamie in the mirror when not dressed.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I generally just see me in the mirror. In my mind I use female nouns to myself all the time. If I 'm struggling with something for instance, I think come on girl get it together, or similar, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha51 View Post
    Gender euphoria (not dysphoria) is what I reckon.
    Nicely put.

Maybe not in a mirror, but my shadow while walking down the road.

When I go to the bathroom mirror in the morning to comb my hair see a woman looking back at me. And then I sing with my relaxed vocal cords and what comes out of my mouth is the sound of an oktavist.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 12-05-2023 at 12:59 AM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

When I am not assuming fem persona, I often see the transformation in the mirror in my mind's eye. I feel the presence in general. It's been a part of who I am for so long that it's nearly second nature.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    When I go to the bathroom mirror in the morning to comb my hair see a woman looking back at me. And then I sing with my relaxed vocal cords and what comes out of my mouth is the sound of an oktavist.

John
    I just googled "oktavist". Very cool! I'm a first bass and can just about get an E below the bass clef. Singing is a delight, especially the Christmas season.

In the morning with my relaxed vocal cords I can hit G1, 3 ledger lines below the bass staff. I may look like a woman with my hair longer than shoulder length and a natural bust (bra cup size DD) but I sure don't sound like a woman. However later in the day I lose the extreme bass range with my lowest note being C2, 2 ledger lines below the bass staff.
    I wear dresses almost all the time, including out in public and to church. I look enough like a woman I don't get negative reactions, but strangely enough people don't react negatively to my deep masculine voice.
    And yes I sing second bass in my church choir.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 12-05-2023 at 11:25 AM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Wow! I can't imagine going to choir on the back row as a woman. Especially as an oktavist. Way cool! My range isn't particularly large - just a few F#'s above the line. There was a guy with the most beautiful bass rumble years ago. Sadly passed now. We can hear him very clearly on our wedding video.

When choir isn't in session in the summer I don't wear the choir robe outfit (surplice and cassock) and sit in the congregation with my dress, heels, painted fingernails, and makeup. And for 4 part hymns I sing the bass part.

Two reasons for my feminine attire:
    I'm sick and tired of EVERYBODY wearing trousers (pants)
    I am sick and tired of the ONLY formal wear for men is the hackneyed coat, tie, and trousers outfit.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 12-05-2023 at 11:30 AM.