Thread: Femboy aestehtic

Femboy aestehtic

Does anybody follow the "femboy aesthetic"? In subreddits it's a CD sub-genre that appeals to younger men. It seems like the intersection of cosplay and anime with a very playful edge. The received style is often maid's outfits, kitty ears, thigh high socks, hoodies, short skirts, etc. It's the only group that would accept my presentation even though I don't really dress in the style. The crossdresser group's wouldn't accept me, because I have a very exaggerated presentation sometimes. The femboy groups are very competitive and "mean girls"-ish at times, and I don't feel comfortable there. My point is: I hate rules and boxes for presentation. Categories really turn me off.

When you say "exaggerated presentation" did you mean drag? Would drag queens accept you? I'm pretty new here but I imagine the people here would be accepting as we all seem open minded.

I'm too old for femboy, and I have no interest in competitive CD which might be them hiding their deeper femme side in macho BS.

I sometimes incorporate drag, sometimes femboy, sometimes elegance. Depends on mood/setting. I have gay drag friends who really got me started. Femboys are simply (and often) younger and that may account for the competitive edge. The look and style can be fun, but again, I don't want to be hemmed in by one expression.
    Last edited by Di; 12-05-2023 at 09:57 AM. Reason: You don’t need to quote the post right above you

Welcome to the forum - people are kind here and do not judge other people or their style of clothing. Their are a few rules for posting but they are easy to follow.

The crossdresser group wouldnt accept me
    Be yourself here
    These rules apply here for everyone,no complaints on how anyone ANYONE dresses.
    Ridiculing members/non-members, or the manner in which they express themselves. This includes any complaint about the way females, males, transgendered, or any other cross-section of the membership dress, the way they express themselves (such as spelling and language skills, and any mention of religious beliefs, political preferences and affiliations,
    So just be you
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Hmmm ... Competive CD'ing! Now that is something I could get into!
    Maybe it could one day become an Olympic sport

Platinum Member
    As is often said, you be you. One of the great benefits of this forum when compared to places like Reddit, are the site rules and the moderation. While I know it may be frustrating to have a post edited or deleted for violating the forums rules of decorum, it also maintains a positive and supportive tone, and thank goodness keeps out the trolls.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I did not even know femboy aesthetic is a thing until I googled it, so I guess I am out of touch on some things. What is interesting is that my search says it is a label that you do not put on anyone else unless they tell you that is what they are.

I have likely seen some in my outings at clubs, but I would never be comfortable asking someone that. I have had many younger people, especially women ask me about pronouns. That seems to be a common ask these days, and perhaps the best time to tell others how one perceives themselves. I am getting off topic I guess, but we have people who dress in all manners here. It is all good and you can express yourself here. Not everyone relates to everyone else, but some will be totally with you. My 2 cents.

Sandi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Anissa, I don't think many here will know what you're talking about? I certainly don't and I go out a lot dressed to clubs, etc.

And, no matter how far out u think u dress I doubt u'd come near the often bizarre and extreme outfits and costumes I wear here!

I think it mite help if u gave us the sites you visited so we can see for ourselves what you're referring to?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't follow it and it's certainly not something I would do at my age.
    I just want to be seen and accepted as a mature woman.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I loosely follow F1NN5TER on YouTube and a few of her femboy associates. Kind a strange phenomenon but they pull it off pretty well at time. To me it seems more like that is a job for them, a way to earn a living.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Anissa, I don't think many here will know what you're talking about? I certainly don't and I go out a lot dressed to clubs, etc.

And, no matter how far out u think u dress I doubt u'd come near the often bizarre and extreme outfits and costumes I wear here!

I think it mite help if u gave us the sites you visited so we can see for ourselves what you're referring to?
    The r/femboy subreddit is a good place to observe the phenomenon. Or a simple google search. Another manifestation of the form is "femboy hooters" which is pretty self-explanatory.

Hi Anissa I have seen your post on reddit, an I find you quite pretty, reddit is a very hard place and there are always a lot of girls there who will be overly critical. I have a full beard because my wife prefers my male half with my beard. Rachel my female half can't stand to see herself with a beard, so from the very first time I fully dressed up as Rachel I have often worn a female face mask, and many girls have told me the it creeps them out. We can't please everyone so please yourself and enjoy

I'm pretty sure it's a byproduct of social media and internet culture. It seems reflective of the "e-girl aesthetic", the style that female nerds often present as online either for a video, playing a video game, or even just talking to strangers on a skype like call. There's a lot of "interesting" elements to the concept of e-girls. It's hard to talk about without verging on something that could be perceived as misogynistic. While examples very from person to person, a popular consensus is that these "e-girls" cater/capitalize on lonely terminally online men who often give them money for their content (doesn't have to be sensual but many times is). On one hand this description does a disservice to many who I am sure mean well, on the other hand there are some predatory examples out there too. The "femboy" seems to be emasculate teenage males (usually openly bi or gay but not explicitly) appropriating this style, the skirts, the kitten ears, the thigh highs, and seems to have evolved into its own thing. I can't really say I'm a fan of the style, but to each their own...
    Last edited by Snide_lobster; 12-05-2023 at 08:35 PM.

I think the femboy aesthetic evolved from the Cosplay & Gaming communities.

From what I understand, some of them turned out to be Transgender
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks Anissa! I easily found femboy hooters pics. Cute!

But, I guess androgynous looks aren't my thing. I dress all the way or not at all!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!