Thread: Hello Again and Good ......

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD

Hello Again and Good ......

Hello Again and good to see see so many of the people here are still giving out wonderful advice to new and seasoned members. I have not been on the forum for 2 or 3 years due to complications from COVID-19. As I've posted before I came down with COVID 19 in DEC of 2019 . I lost 40 pounds in 1 month and developed respitory illness that has left me incredibly tired and taking a lot of meds to keep breathing. In the last couple of years I have lost and additional 60 to 70 pounds and am closing in on my high school weight if you can believe it. I've also had to retire early due to my inability to move around other than for short periods. Currently there is no prognosis for improvement and i am being evaluated for eligibility for a double lung transplant. Soooo with all of this WHY the heck am I posting in the Male to Female Crossdressing Forum ?

It's because I'm thankful for all of the good advice I have gotten here. Over the years I have learned a few things that have made my life so much better with Jeannie my wife, with friend and family and changes that have improved my outlook on just about every thing.

I know my list is mine, and is not a one size fits all for everyone. I hope that people will understand and if you find something in my list you like 9 times out of 10 I found it here in this very forum.

. Be open and honest with your spouse. Listen more than you talk.
    . If the shoe fits WEAR IT, especially if you wear a hard to find size.
    . Find people you can relate to and talk to. Too many times we spend too much time with people we cannot be ourselves with.
    . Medically induced weight loss is great for those dresses you bought years ago even though it was 5 dress sizes to small.
    . If toxic people including family members drag you down, its OK to move on, It will leave open time for people who like you and that you like.
    . Appreciate the time and effort your spouse goes through to look her best .... and tell her , frequently and then again and again.
    . Be kind to your family , and to yourself. We are human after all, You can plan all you want to in life and at the last moment something unexpected can happen to change all of your plans.
    . Moisturize every day, there is a reason women spend so much darn money on creams and lotions. The look on the face and the compliments you get from the nurse who changes your IV are worth it.
    . Take time to do something for a neighbor, Its a humbling moment to take a Thanksgiving meal to a older neighbor whos' friends and family have forgotten him.
    . Thin out your closet from time to time. Its embarrassing when you and your spouse drop off cloths at Goodwill, and the young lady looks any you and your wife then at the box of cloths and you get "the look"
    . Remember flowers for that someone special in your life, especially when you receive a rose with you TG/CD name while recovering.
    . If life gives you Lemonade, throw that crap out and order a rum punch ... anything with a little umbrella in it, it will take your mind off the cane you have walk with in heels.

.... above all else be grateful for what you have, and who you are. Be proud of who you have become and thankfull for those around you.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only
    Sorry to read of your medical problems. Hopefully, things will work out for you. These are troubling times for LGBTQ community. I would add to your fine list:

Write to your elected representatives and let them know you're supportive of the community
    Research good age and content appropriate books that exemplify inclusion of everyone and donate them to school libraries
    On the health side; stay out of the sun. I am now paying the price for my youthful activities.

Welcome back Kelly. I am so sorry to hear about what happened with your run in with Covid. I find it wonderful that you can still muster a positive attitude and still find happiness in your life. A fine lesson for us all when adversity strikes. I really like you thoughts on what to do if life gives you lemonade. No need to swim in it - find something sweeter and more pleasurable. And your other advice is also full of sparkling gems.

Welcome back, Kelly. Sorry to hear about your medical complications. Glad you shared some of your words of wisdom.
    Last edited by char GG; 12-09-2023 at 09:48 AM.

Oh my! Best to you, and thanks for checking in!

Hugs, Michelle

I am so very sorry for that the nasty Covid effects. I am very inspired by your words and advice. Thank You

I'm very sorry to hear about your medical condition but very happy to hear from you again. I hope your medical condition will improve and we will share better days here.

Kelly, Great post with very good advice for all and not just us here.
    Sorry to hear about your battle with Covid and everything you have gone through
    I missed you here as I keep sort of an eye on our Maryland girls.
    Crissy

Really sorry to head about the "long covid" as it's called in the UK and hoping they can develop something to help soon.. Great advice there especially about your spouse. An accepting and supportive spouse is an enormous blessing and should never be taken for granted.

Nice to hear from you again - hoping the covid leftovers will continue to improve. Thanks for sharing your list.

Kelly, despite the issues with COVID, I hope you had time for some painting.

Great to see you again Kelly, but I very sorry to hear of your health issues.
    Thank you for sharing your list, lots of good advice and things to remember there!

I?m joining others in welcoming you back and saying Amen to your COVID survival. Your bullet holes are wonderful advice. They?re true.

Kelly, we both started here at almost the same time and I have always listened to your wisdom and even some of the jokes, your new list should be printed and framed and put in the place of the Ten Commandments. I am so sorry about your COVID complications, that just plain sucks. It’s easy to say just make rum punch, but to sip it every day is tough. Good luck with all that you have going on and remember you always have an audience here that while we can’t do much physically to help, we can provide support in other ways and if that fails perhaps tell some bad jokes to lighten the mood.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    So sorry to read about your Covid issues, Kelly. But, glad to see u back here. I've missed your posts!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Kelly,.....sincerly,... ......all the best .....Debra

Kelly, You have my prayers for your ultimate recovery. Welcome back.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    All the very best wishes in getting over your health situation Kelly.

That is a really good post! You have a great attitude. I loved the shoe reference. So true.

Emily

hello to you....i wish you all the best for the future....thank you for sharing your thoughts with us....would love to hear about a sucessful surgery and a round of rum punch.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Platinum Member
    Hi Kelly , It is so Great to see your thread pop up, I have often wondered wher you were,

I am so sorry to hear about your medical problems , I wish you all the best in your long recovery, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sorry for your health problems and I wish you the best for the transplant.

As you are referring to the good advice you've gotten here, I'd like to thank you again for sharing your marital experience with me. You were the first to PM me in order to offer your help when I joined this forum 🙂

Glad you are back.

Platinum Member
    You have been missed. I am very sorry to hear about your illness and complications. Best wishes for your recovery!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back. All of these medical issues will resolve one way or the other. I have been blessed with a peace somehow and am finding happiness in living for today. One of the joys in my life has been the people I've met on this forum. I've even had the pleasure of meeting some outside of the forum.

I'll try to post more often.

Be well and happy my friends,

Kelly

Just another 'Gurl'
    Glad you are back. It sounds as though you have been through a rough time and thanks for the great suggestions.
    Just another man in a dress