Thread: treadmill in heels

treadmill in heels

Twice in the last week I've had the house to myself for a few hours, hit the treadmill in heels just for fun. Juliet 305's I think they are, only a 2" or so heel. Put it on 3MPH and did about 3/10's of a mile each time. Calves were burning! Good practice (and fun) for walking in the crazy things though!

Practice makes perfect, if you don’t break an ankle first.

Definitely dangerous but if it works for you all the more power to you. Myself if I?m wearing heels I go to the flea market walk thru the entire 250 booths or shop at Kohl?s and walk thru there. Definitely give you a workout without breaking anything.

Maybe that's a great idea to get some endurance. Last year I went to a crossdressing store in our city. I literally walked across the street into her store, not even a few minutes later as the owner was explaining something to me my calves started hurting so bad. The owner of the store told me it's a little different in the real world and not just walking in the house isn't it. Maybe a low heel and slow speed might build up some support, or break an ankle and still need medical support. I'll try the treadmill and hopefully no medical support, let us know how it goes for you, maybe we could sign each others casts.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I've done this a lot. It's fun!

Platinum Member
    I never would have thought of that. I bet the calves were burning!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I read the cure for tired, burning calves rite here on CD.com!

About 2 years ago I was suddenly having a difficult time walking long distances in guy shoes on my vacations. Getting painful shin splits.
    And, after a nite out dancing dressed my calves were quite sore.
    Note: My spike heels r all 4" or taller. I don't own any girls shoes/boots with heels under 3 1/2"!

Anyway, after reading a post here about someone who cured their calf/hi heel issues with toe lifts I added those to my daily excersize routine!
    I do 75 toe lifts standing on a stair. And, boy has that helped!

In Cairo we walked 7 miles every day, no shin splits. And, all my outings recently have been calf pain free. Even in 5" spikes! And, I'm 80!

So, u don't need to run on a treadmill in flats to fix this issue!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Make sure you video tape your strolls..That would be a great post.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Walking on a treadmill seems like a great idea plus I was thinking it has the added benefit you could set up you camera to video and see if your walk is right. A lot of getting use to walking in heels is having the right posture and this could correct our manly tendencies.

Sounds like a great way to stay in heel shape. Last week I did a full day shopping in two and a half inch boot heels my Apple Watch showed over 17,000 steps I definitely felt that the next day.

OAG, my knees hurt just reading your post. Enjoy your alone time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    In the real world I rarely see women walking great distances without a break in routine in heels. In a work place environment women may walk thousands of steps in an office environment. Check out Vanna White pacing across the letter board every night. It's my understanding Wheel of Fortune tapes many shows in a day; running the contestants through as if on a tread mill. Vanna wears a "high" high heel. I bet she has strong calf muscles. When I first started going for serious strolls in the evening I wore a narrow heel, "Ouch." Then, a block heel, still "Ouch." I finally bought a wedge with a two inch heel. Less, "Ouch" but still out of the customary for most women; strutting it out for a distance. It's been years since I have been on a treadmill, but I have had medical tests on a few. The challenge seems to be on the incline that produces an unnatural gait to climb that hill. The challenge may be to "Walk A Mile In Her Shoes!" Also, walking any serious distance on concrete sidewalks is a killer on a high heel.

I did video myself to see how I walked and looked. Not bad, but not great either. And no, I don't think I'm ready to share that here lol!

Jamie, I have knee and hip problems, but those were fine walking. All the burn was reserved for the calves.

Doc, if you consider 2" heels flats, then flats it is for me! I'm already 6', really don't want to be much taller!

My first ever experience with wearing heels was in a "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" event about 12 years ago. (I also walked a mile in her panties, but I kept that to myself that day.) The course was four quarter-mile laps around the downtown square. I was able to avoid the utility grates in the sidewalks, but I did fall victim to sinking heels into soft ground when posing for the group photo afterward. That was also my first experience in purchasing heels. The size 12+ heels were in the back corner of Payless (oh, how I miss Payless) and I learned that SAs are cool if treated cool. I still have the 3" block heel pumps.
    I put on my big girl panties every day.

I need to find a cheap, used treadmill. LOL. My house is too small to walk around all day in heels and I am always tripping over the dog's toys. Stretch out those calves and ankles, ladies.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

GG Wife
    I would think the heels would damage the treadmill.

Aspiring Member
    To get into better heel shape, I vacuum the carpets while wearing heels.

Platinum Member
    Sounds like a Blueprint for Disaster,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I too thought thin spikey heels might damage the belt on the tread mill. This had not been the case at all (for me). It will leave strange marks that may lead to questions if that is a concern for you.

If you don't think heels can be worn for a length of time I am here to dispel that myth. I partook in Santacon on Saturday IN HEELS. I left my car at the train station at 9am and returned to it at 9pm. I was ready to take them off by I was not limping across the parking lot. There was AA bit of sitting involved but I wasn't going out of my way to sit.

Trying to think if I have a picture of readily available these are kind of like LB Lady Peep design. Open toe at least 6 inch heel with 2 inch platform. U S women's size 15. My point to make is it can be done if the shoes fit properly. Good padding help too. Once the ball of your foot gives out its pretty much game over. Rubbing on the sides or any other pinch point will cause early demise.

20231213_055429.jpg
    Photo of same shoes same event several years ago.
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 12-13-2023 at 07:14 AM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by abby054 View Post
    To get into better heel shape, I vacuum the carpets while wearing heels.
    When my wife was still working and I was a retiree I had seven hours a day to be en femme. I did all the domestic chores in dress, hosiery and heels. The heels were 3 1/2 inches with a narrow heel. No problem at all with the calf muscles. Unfortunately my wife fully retired and those days have passed.

Wasn't that used during the Spanish Inquisition?
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I was always astonished by all these women in heels on treadmills in gym clubs. But I understand now. They were all CDs!
    Last edited by DianeT; 12-14-2023 at 02:22 AM.