Thread: So excited!

So excited!

Hi girls! Xxoo
    It has been quite a while since I browsed the forums here so I thought I would check in:

I have started listening to a couple of podcasts for cross dressers lately. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to actually name them here, but the result of me listening to them, a couple of good things have come to me...

....i am now fairly certain of the "label" that applies to me - non-fetish, non-transitioning crossdresser. Once I understood the details there, I felt a big wave of relief wash over me. Finding the specific niche that fits you, where there are people who are actually like you is... is wonderful. (That feeling started when you lot accepted me. Xxooxxoo)

... I have signed up for an online style consultation service for crossdressers and trans-women, called "Fox and Hanger". The end result of this service is a "Look Book" that showcases 6 or so pages of outfits combinations that are size and colour and cut appropriate to my body, as well as makeup and grooming suggestions to help me with my feminine presentation. Each page also has links to where one can obtain exactly where to find the elements of the outfits she suggests, in the right size. The woman running it, Julie, has been an powerful ally for our community for many years, and the more I hear her on the podcast, the more it feels like I am going to be working with a kindred spirit. And when I think of getting actual style tips and suggestions from a professional stylist.... EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I promise to keep you posted as to how this goes down.
    (I would be lying if I said that I was not deeply nervous about this next step...engaging outside help in developing my feminine presentation.... but the potential rewards are so exciting!)

Be well, all.
    Much luv and kisses.

Jenny Olivia (Jo)
    (borrowed from another, but it resonates with me, too)
    My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty

Platinum Member
    That?s great, Jenny! I really applaud your efforts to improve your look. It takes courage and humility to ask for help. I am so grateful for the women in my life that have guided me along the way!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi Jenny,

Are those podcasts more "technical" or more psychological? In fact I am looking for both types - maybe you could name them after all?

Best regards,
    Monika

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    There is a device I've been using since I began dressing nearly 30 years ago. It doesn't tell me where to buy things, but other than that it is very helpful and if I listen to it, it never steers me wrong!

I call it a "mirror"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

To Monika....

Quote Originally Posted by MonikaCD View Post
    Hi Jenny,

Are those podcasts more "technical" or more psychological? In fact I am looking for both types - maybe you could name them after all?

Best regards,
    Monika
    I would say a mixture of both.
    ...started with listening to "The Gender Rebels", following the journey of a trans-woman and her partner making their way and connectin;

...then, I found "Free to be She", with Jennifer Sometimes. That one was closer to what I believe that I am becoming. She has a very positive show, and co-ordinates actual maritime cruises for cross-dressers. Despite the many fascinating guests and good topics, I found that she was starting to repeat herself from one episode to another. (She is about 20yrs my senior too....<shrug>)

...then I heard 2 episodes of that show that led me to: Savannah Hauk, author of the "Living with Crossdressing" series of books, and Julie Rubinstein, ally and fashion stylist for crossdressers and trans-women, who runs the "Fox and Hangar" online service.
    As it turns out, Savannah and Julie connected on the Free to be She podcast, found that they were compatible, and now run a new podcast called "The Fox and the Phoenix". I'm currently binging this one. It really feels like they are speaking right to me directly sometimes...their topics and discussions connecting directly to m'brain.

xxoo
    Jenny

The Fox and Hanger sounds interesting

Thanks for the information. They look very interesting. I like that I can use Google Podcasts rather than Apple Podcasts to keep my Tiffany and drab side separate.

Glad I could help.
    Xxoo

Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    The Fox and Hanger sounds interesting
    It is indeed very interesting Bridget, I think it?s being going for about 3 years.
    There?s a new episode most weeks and they?re now up to episode 160.

They cover various subjects and it?s well worth a listen.
    Instead of starting at the beginning, I would suggest episode 150 is a good one
    to start with as it includes Savannah?s GG partner Judy discussing her experience
    of living with a cross-dresser.

Sophie xx

Hey there Doc.
    ��
    The marvellous tool of "The Mirror" is a wonderful thing, yes....but I have already acknowledged that I really do not have much of a clue in terms of how to assemble outfits that express the feminine aspects of myself appropriately.
    I am aware that as Crossdressers move along their Journey, they often go through an accelerated "evolution" in terms of their clothing / look... from frilly pink little-girl dresses to teenager club-wear micro-mini dresses to ...whatever...especially for those of us who entered this later in life. I have not gone through that experimenting stage where girls figure all that out for themselves.
    Heh heh. To obtain the services of a professional stylist who specializing in helping folks to chose clothing that fits and that look good....I feel this to be a very good thing, for me.

Jenny, I'm not sure why you need the adjectives in front of crossdresser. I just assume non-fetish, non-transitioning when I say crossdresser.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have had a brilliant year. I now have five gg friends who know about my crossdressing and have seen me dressed on a few occasions. One has become my personal beautician and another my personal stylist. Another is a ninety year old lady and loves to see me dressed. We have had some amazing conversations about clothes. I have been invited by my stylist to spend a weekend with her in Eastbourne fully dressed and she will take me out among the public. It is way better being out of the closet and having supportive friends.
    I don't wish to change my gender I just want to change my clothes.