Thread: Interesting non-event

Platinum Member

Interesting non-event

Last week I was doing a little work on my SUV when one of my neighbors walked up to see what I was doing. He is a retired fellow about my age. The only noteworthing thing about the encounter was that I was presenting as a woman at the time. I have had a few conversations with him in the past be this was the first time he has seen me in my usual attire . Anyway, he did not react in any adverse way to seeing me and our conversation went on as though nothing was out of the ordinary.

Of course, I have lived here for more than three years, and make no attempt to hide myself, so perhaps he already knew. More likely, he just did not care how I chose to dress.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I agree most people do not and will be polite if you are likewise.- Kim you an inspiration go me

Your neighbour probably already does know. Its good that he engaged in conversation and treated you the same. He could have ignored you but chose not to which is a positive for the future.

I have lived in the same place for the past 7 years and my neighbors im sure have seen more than they wanted to, not unusual that they could see me in a skirt and pantyhose around the yard, never had a bad encounter on my own property

kimdl's experience is proof that when CD'ers pay attention to dressing appropriately, and are confident in their presentation as a women, its easy for all others to treat her at a woman. Good job Kimd!!
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

Kim, There is no doubt most people aren't going to say a word.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I do think he most likely already knew since he did not seem to act surprised. Good for you Kim in living the way you want and good for your neighbor for taking it in stride.
    Crissy

Seems that is just the result so many of us desire.
    We just want to be us and go on about our business.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I kind of figure he walked over to get a better look at you. Anyway, you got that over with so you don't have to worry about it anymore, which is awesome.

When I was getting a divorce I had to move out of the house and moved into a little rent house. I only had a carport, which was clearly visible from the neighbors house which had a window that must've been above the TV because every time I came out, the old man was sitting in his chair staring that way. There was no way to get to my car without being seen, so I just did my thing. Can't say I didn't worry about it because I would have much rather it not be that way, but since it was it didn't slow me down. There was a couple across the street who sat out on their porch all the time and another lady a couple of houses down who did the same. Especially in the beginning, it was an uncomfortable situation. I never exactly got used to it, but I did accept that they were just going to have to see. I ended up living there for 3 years, so it's not like I could/would hit pause. I became a little amused by the situation, wondering what the talk about me in the neighborhood was like.

I distinctly remember coming home one day and all the neighbors were in position. I almost drove on past my own house, but decided to just get it over with. I parked in the carport and walked out to the street to the mailbox. I waved, the old couple across the street waved back, the old lady a couple of houses down waved. Oh to be a fly on the wall!

I

The first time I went out dressed I was going out with my roommate as she?d been pestering me forever about just doing it. At the time I lived upstairs at an apartment complex and as I?m coming down the stairs I did ok, but about three feet from my car I tripped and fell. My purse went flying with everything flying. She just said I?ll get your purse and get in the car. There were about 7 others out and about and I was embarrassed beyond all. Anyway turns out I heard nothing about it and finally calmed down after a few days and was fine after that. But did I ever get rode good by my roommate for a day or so. We all ended up just laughing a lot after that. Now when I look back on it. It was no big deal just in my mind I was super embarrassed.