Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever feel like you look stupid or anything,,struggling with this.

This is something I struggle with as well, so thank you for sharing. At 6?5? and 225 l s, I know I don?t have close to the average women?s body. What does surprise me is while I do look at myself and ask what am I doing, there are many times when I look and say WOW you do look good. That is why I continue to enjoy my feminine time!!

Unlike many/most here, I'm totally a dude who likes a more feminine presentation. I've got a long gray ponytail and gray beard. in my "normal" presentation I tend to look like an old hippy or maybe even a biker from a distance. My preferred presentation looks more bohemian with a strong feminine vibe. Those of you who go full femme with wig and forms can be somewhat incognito. I cannot. Even if someone figures out that you're not a GG, it's likely that they will not recognize your identity. I lose that advantage by being a dude in women's clothes.

I look in the mirror or at my photos and I like what I see, even if I know that it would likely be misunderstood to the general public. I see a man in the mirror. I like seeing that man. I don't feel any sense of being ridiculous or stupid. I do feel a sense that I need to hide that person to protect him.

I have a fair sized women's wardrobe that I've acquired over the years and I'll occasionally try on an outfit that doesn't represent me properly, but I chalk that up to learning what I like. And, I might try the same outfit sometime later and see that it's exactly the look I'm going for. The thing I like most about the woman's side of the aisle is the variety of totally different styles to choose from.
    Last edited by Bea_; 12-25-2023 at 12:11 PM.

Yes XemmaX I do have those feelings constantly. I enjoy the emotional feelings and physical sensations of dressing - all comes crashing down when I look in a mirror, so avoid as best I can, or at least look from the neck down.

Just another 'Gurl'
    My imagined self never matches what I see in the mirror unfortunately.
    Just another man in a dress

I did a photo shoot last week with a tripod and DSLR, even a small video - every image looked like an old man in a dress to me.

IMG_0687-a.jpg

The video was the worse, big shoulders, big face, not standing very straight as I walked up the hill.

Decided, the fact that internally I felt really good, over rides what the rest of the world sees
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I may not look as beautiful as I want to be, but I love my clothes and I deserve them.

I try to reconcile myself to the fact that I certainly don't come close to the image in my mind, I probably blend with as least some percentage of genetic women out there.

Of the clothing I tend to select for myself, I often look like a MIAD, or leggings, or shorts, or skirt when I look in the mirror. The worst was when, years ago, someone suggested a bustier was a good idea. Not for me it wasn't! I really did look ridiculous in that. These days, the mirror gets a cursory look when I make sure the wig is brushed & laying right, forms are in the right place and then I forget the mirror and just enjoy the time dressed.

Like Michaela said - there are some clothing styles that just aren't for me and I think I look stupid wearing them. Most of the clothes I own look good on me (even if I do not pass).

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    I did a photo shoot last week with a tripod and DSLR, even a small video - every image looked like an old man in a dress to me.

IMG_0687-a.jpg

The video was the worse, big shoulders, big face, not standing very straight as I walked up the hill.

Decided, the fact that internally I felt really good, over rides what the rest of the world sees
    You look good in that dress. Now get the confidence to wear that outfit and other dresses as you go about your business publicly.

Guess what? I have a huge head so it's not easy for.me to find hats to fit me. And I don't exactly have a feminine voice as I can sing down to C2 (2 ledger lines below the bass staff).

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 12-26-2023 at 12:40 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I'm lucky in being a reasonable height - average for a man and just a bit tall for a woman - and weight (74kg) but my interest is entirely in wearing the clothes and I don't bother to look in the mirror (other than to check a rear view - stocking seams, slip not showing, etc). I don't go out and nobody else sees me. I don't do make-up or wig, so seeing myself in a mirror would be a distinct turn-off! That doesn't stop me from achieving my objective of experiencing - feeling - what it's like to wear skirts, dresses, shoes, underwear, etc. I still enjoy seeing myself directly (not in a mirror) and looking at the clothes I'm wearing while at the same time feeling what it's like to be inside those clothes. One big advantage for me is that I can choose any dress style, suited to any age or activity and because I don't see my face or hair, there's no need to worry that my head's too big or my hair's the wrong style or my make-up isn't right. It's just the clothes.

Same here but taller and heavier.
    Last edited by char GG; 12-26-2023 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours

ah ok wow really interesting hearing all the stories from everyone, i guess its just how you approach it. its my 190cm height that makes me feel sooooo self conscious and also my new gut thats appeared in the last year hey 40 is not long off now.

Yes, but I also sometimes feel like this when I'm not dressed.

I'm these days considering permanent changes to the face in the mirror.

I don't have the greatest self-image in either gender presentation

I think we all go through this at one time or another. I?m lucky that I have a slight build, 5ft6, 145-150. I just try to go with the flow. I went out during the Christmas season to a huge mall. I’m always trying to look discreetly to see if others are giving me second looks, laughing, etc. I can honestly say I did not feel that at all. I tried on clothes with no problem. Now will I ever run into a situation where I get the “look” or a negative comment? Probably. But I’ve become more comfortable in my female presentation so if it happens, oh well.
    Last edited by Angela Marie; 01-07-2024 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XemmaX View Post
    <snip> does anyone else struggle ,
    Welcome to what every woman goes through. That's why it takes them 10X the time that it takes for men to get dressed to go out of the house. Now you're just feeling 'more like a real woman' does!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    I have mostly overcome worries about looking stupid while dressed in public. My wife often tells me that I look stupid so I am accustomed to it. With the exception of one ring on one finger twenty years ago, she has never seen me en femme, even minutely partially. Had I not admitted crossdressing to her, she would probably still not know. But I do worry that I am stupid for crossdressing. That worry is more difficult to overcome.

Sometimes I buy pretty stuff that I haven't a clue as to where I might be able to wear them!

Definitely. I hate the way I look as a man, AND question myself when dressed. Basically low self esteem across the board LOL
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Welcome to what every woman goes through. That's why it takes them 10X the time that it takes for men to get dressed to go out of the house. Now you're just feeling 'more like a real woman' does!
    So true! Something is even affirming about this in a weird way.

Platinum Member
    Hi Emma , Have you ever noticed that GG's come in all shapes & Sizes, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Go out in the real world!! Observe women, note the normal tells, large hands or feet, height, weight, etc. I work with a lady whose hands are as large as mine and even more rough and wrinkled! Another who, is taller and heavier! There are all sizes and heights and weights and shapes of women! Be yourself!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Last edited by Lana Mae; 01-18-2024 at 06:32 PM.
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Burton View Post
    It's an ongoing battle for me, and perhaps most of us. I tend to compare myself to some unattainable standard, which is not fair but I find myself doing it anyway. However, I get so much psychological benefit from all of this that is keeps me going, and am lifted by a compliment or in improvements I might make to my overall persona.
    Well said! I feel the same way.

I hate my belly, posture, and teeth -- yet those things are all fixable! So I'm a work in progress.
    Last edited by Sherry Ann Evans; 01-19-2024 at 10:10 AM.

Oh yeah.
    I'm pretty hard on myself in general...
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/