Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you ever feel like you look stupid or anything,,struggling with this.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I struggle as a result. Sometimes, I just have to talk myself down and believe that I am good enough. Most of the time I try to change something up (makeup, clothes, hair, etc) to just change my mindset.

No, and I?m not even trying to pass ? I feel less stupid wearing a skirt than wearing what my wife wants me to wear in our so called chic neighborhood?

Yeah, for the most part I think I look silly. I try to put together age appropriate outfits and take into consideration my overall size and shape to wear what will look good, even if on a man it seems out of place. That's the tricky part if you're not trying to pass

I know I don't pass, but I make an effort to get as close as possible. I try not to worry about looking silly. I turn my thoughts to how great I feel to be back in a dress again. It especially helps if I am meeting other CDs somewhere, where I know there will be a degree of acceptance. Occasionally I will get a compliment, which can truly make my day. Dressing up is the cake, and those moments are the icing.

Something I have been thinking about lately......I've always been hesitant to go for extremely feminine clothes. As an example, while I love pink, I have never worn it much. It was always black, grey and white for me. I guess for me it was some form of internally directed transphobia. Now as I get out more as my authentic self, my guard is coming down and I'm expressing my inner femineity in a less regulated way. Today, I'm going out in my mauve leggings!