Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wish I could Dress!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren H View Post
    Yes I can relate! Should have never retired!
    Loving being retired, I"m more concerned that when my wife retires my dressing will be less tolerated.

Even on board ship I used to have my personal space. A relationship more restrictive and less tolerant than the RN of the 1980s I fine hard to relate to. I hope you can find the time and space to be you again soon Judy.
    Last edited by Jane G; 12-25-2023 at 07:51 PM.

I hear you load and clear Judy.
    I am still trying to find a way to start my collection again after purging it all about 12 years ago.
    My wife and I are not in a healthy relationship and I cant say for sure but I'm pretty sure she is tracking me as well.

Oh how I dream of running away and living alone. Well sort of alone. Just me and Tiffany and about 10 acres of land on the east coast.

Judy, f your part of the USA is anywhere near my part of the USA, give me a shout. I am on my own and can dress almost every day. I'll get the coffee pot ready.

There are many people (some noting so in this thread) that use tracking apps for family purposes. My wife and I have the app on our phones, and so do all of our kids. Now that they're all adults now, we don't require them to have tracking turned on. We did when they were still in high school, as it was a safety thing. My wife can and does know where I go. But, it's not something she really cares that much about. She cares that I'm where I say I'm going to be at the time I say I'm going to be there. I always make sure I do. We have a relationship with 100000% trust. I'm very fortunate in that, but it's also been a long journey of constantly working on it. That's not because we didn't have trust, but because we have worked on it so long. It's part of what makes us...us. That's not to say that would work in every relationship, nor is this a comment on Judy's relationship.

We can't know all the particulars of Judy's relationship with her spouse. We can't know all the particulars of her spouse. Let's all remember that. The situation as described sounds oppressive. I know I could not exist in that environment. But, every person is different, and every person has justifications for being in the relationship they are in.

Jane, I don't know where the heck you found personal space onboard ship! The main ship I served on (USN) was 8,000 tons and over 150m long. Outside of two void spaces (that everyone, especially snipes knew about), there were no 'private' spaces onboard that one could have ever gotten away with crossdressing. Privacy, even in the head, was not a thing onboard. Even if there were some notional private space, I still wouldn't have ever attempted it. I know a few too many times and heard tales of too many times that sailors got outed for being gay, and the consequences they suffered. I never wanted to risk that. They would have never believed I wasn't gay and it wouldn't have mattered if they did believe me. I still would have suffered severe consequences. It was never, EVER worth the risk.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Julie. The last ship I served on was an aircraft carrier. Doing a full set of WE rounds took over an hour. Seemed like there were more compartments than crew once the Marines and air crew disembarked. I still never dressed on board though. As you say it would have been a great risk and a tad irresponsible in such a culture as it was then. I did have clothing onboard though. Our personal lockers were just that. I also had my push bike and a set of training rollers onboard.
    Last edited by Jane G; 12-30-2023 at 04:07 AM.

I feel your pain. It’s of little help, but at least you had that time, it makes it hard because you know what you are missing instead of never knowing, but I will take knowing what it was like over never experiencing it anymore. It’s a hard sentence to understand…but you get my drift.
    Good luck, something will happen and you will be back with new beautiful pictures

How terrible. I'm glad to say that i can't relate to having my phone tracked by my wife. I can understand why you're not happy.

I can relate to having a Girl Cave for a while. i rented a lock up near to my home while we were having some major building work carried out at the house. However, I still manged to dress by booking a hotel room for day use from time to time. The work lasted about 9 months so I ended up spending quite a bit of money on the rooms. Money well spent, though.

I sincerely hope that things improve for you.