Thread: Fat boys more likely to become crossdressers?

Fat boys more likely to become crossdressers?

Are fat boys more likely to become crossdressers, compared to average, and thin boys?
    Can't find any academic research on the link between CD and fatness, but I myself was very fat as a boy, and thus had very big breasts, very soft, smooth skin, no visible muscles,etc.
    Even at kindergarten I found it difficult to play with other boys as I couldn't really run, or climb trees, etc because of my size.
    Even the teachers tended to put me in groups with the girls, rather than the boys.
    So I preferred to be with girls, doing less energetic stuff, and was often called a girl by other boys, and particularly because of my big boobs, sometimes found a bra in my school desk, and in my school bag, placed there by other boys.
    So, all of these events, and more, at an early age, caused by my fatness, made me feel very very feminine...and I wanted to be associated by all things that made me feel as feminine as possible, including of course, wearing female clothes.
    Does any CD have a similar experiences, or know of any research that's been done on the link between childhood obesity (in boys) and crossdressing?

There isn't a whole lot of research period about crossdressing. I would venture to guess there's none to be found analyzing body mass index and crossdressing correlations.

It's horrible what the kids did to you. Kids can be really awful.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I grew up in the 50's when there were few chubby kids, much less obese ones. Back then there were a number of sissy boys. But, I can recall only one being over weight.

Most tended to be nerdy as well timid. No idea if any were CD's? It was only decades later that some of the non-sissy boys came out as gay.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Seem to be many more overweight kids these days. So are there more CDs now? Could make for an amusing thread, full of anicdotal evidence, if nothing else. For what it is worth. I was skinny as a rake at school and loved none team sports.

I do not think being fat as a young boy would lead to being a Crossdresser. I was thin as a rail and look how I turned out, a happy crossdresser.
    I think we most likely run the gamut with body size and weight.
    Crissy

Just another 'Gurl'
    IDK, I was average size as a kid.
    Just another man in a dress

That would not be my experience. I was a skinny kid. I hate that you experience bullying like that as a kid and I feel that being a more typical sized kid kept me from getting attention. I was never particularly masculine by most standards.

I was (really) actually 4'10" tall and weighed 95 pounds when I checked in for Freshman football about 2 weeks before school started. I graduated 4 yeas later at 5'7" and 155 pounds. I was veery athletic in those days. When I got out of Navy basic training about 3 years later, I was 5'8" and weighed 169 pounds. I was never thin and I was never overweight in my youth. I did have man athletic build which is to say broad shoulders and a narrow waist. I'm now 5'8" and 189 pounds. I have been over 200 pounds at times in my adult life. I started cross dress 3 1/2 years ago at age 74. I don't believe there is any correlation between my weight and my cross dressing.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I can't recall any fat boys being associated with crossdressing. These days, many of us get extra motivation from exercising and getting fit so we can fit into a lovely slinky dress that we have recently bought, and want to look our best in it.

When I started ( as a child/ young teen) I was thin/average weight (I could do with losing some weight now though!). I don't think being fat or thin has anything to do with crossdressing. Some of us are just predisposed to crossdressing and if the circumstances or opportunity arises we start and usually get hooked for life. When I was younger I never really felt like one of the boys, even now I don't really like to be in a group of more than 3/4 men only, in larger groups I always like to have another girl present even if we don't interact, just having another feminine presence there makes me feel more comfortable.

If you look online now most femboys ( seems to be the new name for crossdressers) are actually thin, very few are overweight.

Doesn't this add body shaming to our already marginalized group? Just sayin'
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

In all of my research into gender variance which includes crossdressing I have never found anything that relates body mass index and a tendency to engage in crossdressing. But being teased about your weight and body shape including large breasts could easily drive a kid or adolescent in that direction, especially if they are forced into an association with girls could certainly induce some shifting of their identity in that direction. But it certainly is not a given. It could also drive them into isolation and suicide because of the lack of acceptance. Kids can be so cruel it is amazing some kids ever make it. The way you were treated was definitely abusive and that could have lots of negative consequences with regard to personality. So I would say that being overweight had little to actually do with your drifting toward crossdressing and identification to some extent with the more female-like side of identity. But even that is just an assumption. I feel very badly that you were treated that way - it almost always has consequences of some kind that are completely unfair.

Be happy with who you are.

FWIW,
    I was terribly skinny as a kid. I dressed.
    Sadly, I'm not skinny anymore. I still dress.
    It's nothing to do with weight - for me, at least.

I almost think the opposite could be true. I've always been very skinny and not very masculine.

I am not thin but not large. Wearing medium mens tops (which I have a hard time finding) and 32 waist pants. 5 foot 8. Think that crossdressing has made me more aware of my weight and trying to control it.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    CD also encourages me to watch my weight too. I have never seen any relationship to CD to weight myself in my own research.

I don?t think you will find any evidence to back up your statement. I was always a thin child. It didn?t stop me wearing my mothers clothes. Although I did rip one of her slips.I wish my waistline was as thin now.

Banned Read only
    When I was a teenager and dabbling in my mother's lingerie drawer I was 6'1" and weighed less than 140 pounds. My wife saw a picture of me when I was 17 and thought I had been gravely ill. I made all sorts of attempts to gain weight and struck out. The obesity epidemic is bound to produce more chubby cross-dressers than back in the 1950's and 1960's. I still have my junior high school year books (1960-1962) with class pictures and it is a rarity to see an obese kid.

When I became interested in wearing my sister's clothes, I was so thin I needed to wear suspenders to keep my pants from falling down! I've put on some weight since those days, but I personally can confirm no relation between weight and desire to cross dress (at least for this girl).

I have seen things about excess body weight being correlated to increased estrogen levels, so maybe. But like others have expressed, there just isn't any research on us.
    My case would prove the converse as I was very thin growing up. Now that I'm older and heavier, I find it a deterrent s I look silly in the clothes. Oh, to be 170# with a 30" waist again...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I can relate to you 100% Janine.
    I am 6'1" 450lbs.
    I have always been of the larger size and although I played many sports throughout my years like hockey, baseball, rugby, darts, and more, I have always had a few extra pounds on me.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    For your stats. When I left school and joined the RN, I was 6' 1" and 170lbs. When I attempted mt Blanc a few months back, I was 6' 4" and 205 lbs. So at 62 I'm a little taller and plumper than I was at 18. I still have the first slip I ever bought my self and happily, It still fits.

I will add a note here,

When all this started for me I was 135 lbs
    Average weight for my height
    Of course that was close to 60 years ago.
    I am definitely heavier now.
    But I really don't think weight had any relation to my crossdressing at all.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Based on the years of photos posted here, including lots taken in LGBTQ bars, etc.... I'd say that the weight distribution of crossdressers is pretty normal.

A rhetorical question, no answer expected: How do you feel about your weight? Could your weight and crossdressing both be related to body dysphoria? Many of us like our bodies more when presenting as female.
    Last edited by Lisa Gerrie; 12-29-2023 at 05:20 AM.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Janine, I was as skinny as can be and till about the age of 40 was under weight. So for me the answer is no.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".