Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which???

In my younger dressing days it was more feel but now that I dress in public looks is probably 75%.

Unofficial poll as best i could discern was ...60 % feel,,,40% look,,, so it`s a great blend!

Looks like I'm the outlier here. 100% feel.
    Mostly because while I guess the possibility of me passing exists in some bizarre alternate universe, the mathematical probability is about as close to zero as it can get.

But, hey, I buy lottery tickets, too, so...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I surmised about 5 were 100% of the feel

I wear romantic lingerie and it's hard to say which I value more but I love both! My boyfriend definitely loves the look lol!

LOL to say,,but I really relate with Natalie

The feel of the soft clothes added to the look from the neck down

50-50 looks and feel. It's gotta be colorful and pretty. It also needs to be soft and smooth. Together they complete the feel of femininity for me.

It's 50-50 for me. I want to look and feel like a woman. Nobody can see my lingerie when I'm out in public but I know it's lacy which makes me feel sexy.

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    100% feel, started when before 4-5 years old. But truthfully before that.

"Both emotional experiences and physical sensations . . . bring about feelings" ~ Psychology Today.

For me the physical sensations score pretty low, but the emotional experience scores high. I, like Karren, am a fan of the mirror, so looks, as I see myself reflected, are also important.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 03-01-2024 at 04:59 PM.

For me, it's all about the look and the process of transformation.
    Melani

Both are important for me, and it depends on the day which is more important. Of course when you catch yourself in the mirror looking really good, that's a bell ringer day. On the other hand, when I'm wearing older style panties with those heavy elastic leg openings that leave visible panty lines when wearing tight pants, I can feel them across my lower but cheeks with every step I take, and that just sends me over the top. The feeling of a satin camisole with spaghetti straps is beyond description for me too. IT'S ALL GOOD!

It's how the look makes me feel. Sometimes just the colors make me so happy. And the feel of having it in my size, fit for me.

I will add to a few common camps of prior replies.

First yes, it is the look that makes me feel so warm and tingly inside. Also, originally it was MUCH more about the feel, but now moreso about the look that generates less tactile feel, but more emotional feel. Good discussion.

It's initially the look when finish dressed ie mirror, then walking down long hallway which makes me feel intimate.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

It's called being "DOLLed up", not "DULLed up". Lol
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

There are so many great replies here.
    Overall for me is the whole package. Clothes, makeup, wig, nails and perfume.
    Currently I am in a hospital bed with very little of what makes me feel good but just enough to keep me sane.
    The nail colour (Fuchsia) and the length have got a great deal of attention plus a great many of the staff have been curious so I have had a lot of interesting conversations.
    All very feminine which makes me feel very accepted.

Philippa Jane

Hi Philipa - I?m glad you are in an accepting situation and wish you the best health.

I must say that it was the feel of the pantyhose with the silky slip against my legs that I'm wrapped up here in this ball of wax. But I will admit like others here I will wear uncomfortable clothes for the look. I'm more of a 50/50 but will lean more towards the feel.

In the beginning it was mostly the feel of the fabric and the forbidden factor. Since dressing more frequently and for days at a time I like the feeling I have when fully dressed with makeup and forms. It’s hard to explain, I know I would never pass, I’m over 6 ft 250 pounds with a bass voice but I like to think that I am displaying my femininity to my best ability and it’s enough for me

It started with the feel, 100%, and has evolved in such a way that it's about 95% the look, as long as I have enough time for nails and mascara to finish the transformation. The silkier the material the better it was, by far, but now even a cotton fabric outfit is wonderful if it's fully "femme". That was a relatively recent change, from about 8 years ago when I celebrated my birthday with a day at home and tried an outfit with pants, plain top and borrowed wedge sandals. I had finally found/seen that personality that was occasionally popping out and let her run wild!

The look was never achievable so for. E, it was always the feel of a few layers of silky nylon and lace.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    When I look good, I feel good. I don't often think about the feel of the clothes.
    If I dress, I'm probably going some where. Depends on the occasion how fancy I get. Some days I just don't feel right getting ready. Could have done beret or different makeup or whatever. Then I check the whole look in the mirror and if i look pretty good. That's what makes me feel good. Maybe if the clothes are unusual the feel might have an impact
    Not usually.

I'm in the 'whole thing' camp. What I like the most (apart from shaving!) is the getting ready part. Once I'm ready I don't really *think* about what I'm wearing as it's just my clothes. That said, when I get up to walk around, the feeling of 4.5 inch stilettos does give me a bit of a kick :-)

EDIT: To be fair, it was wanting to wear the shoes that got me into dressing completely. So I guess there is an element of 'the feel' of it too.