Thread: Opportunity? No, not quite...

Banned Read only

Opportunity? No, not quite...

I've recently had a change in my work that'll see me travel and have overnight trips again for the first time since pre-COVID.

Remembering my previous trips and how I could dress in the hotel room (with obvious fear of fire alarms!), I was thinking about how it could be an opportunity to dress without fear of being interrupted or needing to clean up everything perfectly - it won't matter if there's a makeup cloth in the bin, or powder on the surfaces etc.

Unfortunately it won't be an opportunity to dress for some time however as I may subject to bag and car searches, and I don't want to be explaining breast forms and a makeup bag to a security guard when I am in professional mode.

Hopefully my next assignments are non-secure locations!

Charlotte,

Many hotels allow you to drop off bags early and they're placed in a store ready for when you actually check in later. I know you're likely to be talking about first thing in the morning but it is a possibility. Where there's a will......
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Speaking about business trips brings back a lot of memories. So many photos in hotel rooms and ventures out in distant cities. I hope you find your way thru all this as I am sure you will.

Platinum Member
    Sounds like you are considering moving beyond the period of abstinence of recent months. Is that accurate?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Charlotte, as far as maids go:

When I'm at week long T events in Vegas I have everything laid out all over the room and CANNOT have anyone coming in and messing up my planned disorganization.

So, I tell the desk when I check in I will NOT have maid service my entire stay. If I need anything I'll call Services for it! Then, I leave my "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door!

A couple of times the management wanted to inspect my room after a few days to see if I was up to something?!

Fortunately, having female clothing, make up, wigs, etc. scattered all over your room is NOT considered nefarious!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Sherry, I would be very angry if hotel management wanted to inspect my room.

But I suppose that the 2017 mass shooting in Las Vegas changed the paradigm.

Likely that LV hostelers have seen it all anyway. Female clothing scattered about in a man's room hardly nefarious.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Sounds like you are considering moving beyond the period of abstinence of recent months. Is that accurate?
    I see it as an opportunity I should take, not because I have any particular desire or need right now, but because I think I should explore the opportuntiy and see how I feel. If it awakens something then I will see what I want to do going forwards. If it doesn't, I know it's a longer phase.

To clarify, it isn't the hotel staff who may inspect my room, it is security at the sites I would visit, and I will have my belongings with me as I would be driving straight home from the site visit. I don't care about what hotel staff may or may not see. I've left evidence of my binge eating disorder and evidence of crossdressing behind on many occasions.

Charlotte, Is there no where you can leave your bag before entering the secure facility?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sometimes it is just a matter of timing things right. I have to do this often. Hotels are generally available for checkin at 2 to 3 PM and check out at 11 AM or noon. You just have to work out when you arrive and leave with the hotel stay. Sometimes I end up paying for one extra day so I do not have to check out at 11 and keep all of my things in a very hot car during summer, not to mention having coworkers spot my extra huge suitcase if we go somewhere together. You can find a way to make it happen. It is just a matter of figuring a way around obstacles.

Sandi

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Charlotte, Is there no where you can leave your bag before entering the secure facility?
    Leaving it in the hotel when I check out, doing the visit and then going back to the site is the best option, however it'll add a significant detour onto my journeys and I don't think I will have the time to make this work.

If I was staying in the same hotel for two nights in a row then I would certainly be more willing, but I will be driving onward in the opposite direction between days 1 and 2.

I don't have any makeup or a wig right now as it was all past it's usable best, and I can't afford to replace it this month. It's probably for the best that I am delayed in taking up this opportunity.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteCD View Post
    I see it as an opportunity I should take, not because I have any particular desire or need right now, but because I think I should explore the opportuntiy and see how I feel. If it awakens something then I will see what I want to do going forwards. If it doesn't, I know it's a longer phase.
    Gotcha! Well, it does give you a chance to do a bit of a gut check. Its hard to know whether a period of abstinence is just one of the usual ebb/flows we experience, or may represent a more enduring change.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Lydia, I have no problem with the hotel staff viewing my room when I'm in it. Then, I'm sure they don't mess up anything.

After walking around these hotels in Vegas day and nite for a week dressed, I could care less who there knows I CD!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Charlotte, I enter facilities also with security and have had my vehicle and bag searched. Typically the security folks are female, and I can imagine the eyebrows that would be raised if some items were found! But then again, if it is not a weapon of some type, narcotics, or some other "contraband", they may just roll their eyes and move on.

Banned Read only
    I've taken the risk that I am OK to take a satin nightdress and nightgown. I am going to be sleeping pretty tonight

Sounds like a lovely evening and a chance to re-explore yourself

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Can you ship it between locations?

Banned Read only
    Even next day special delivery (which would cost crazy money!) wouldn't be quick enough to get it to the next location in time. I only need to be rid of it between 10am and 6pm, so it's just not workable to send on.

I am back home tonight and will embark on my next travel on Sunday, returning home on Wednesday evening.

I have 8pm-10am free on one of those days, and will see what kind of pampering I can enjoy in that time.

Platinum Member
    Good for you!

Eleanor Roosevelt