Thread: Crossdressers who pass as natural born women

Question Crossdressers who pass as natural born women

Some guys puberty doesn't hit them hard with the high testosterone.
    I know of a few guys that voices never changed much, don't have chest hair,have a feminine or slightly ambiguous figure ect.

I always wonder about the crossdressers that pass as women and have a hard time passing as a male.
    Why don't they just go all the way and start the hair removal and get ect?

Hair removal and electroconvulsive therapy?
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

so guys that don't have high testosterone, chest hair or that have have androgynous figure are automatically trans?

There are those and most do not have a female-like identity even though their male-like behavior patterns are a bit on the weak side or even deficient. When it comes to gender identity, what you may see is not necessarily an indication of what you get. Some think those kinds of guys are gay when most are not. Accusations without the support of evidence can be very hurtful if untrue.

But, on the other hand, if they are inclined to be gender variant they are able to do it beautifully and easily. I am a bit envious of them. On the other hand I am sure in adolescence their lives were difficult with lots of teasing. But testosterone deficiency is probably not that much of a factor as it doesn't take much testosterone to work its magic. Most of us have far more than is necessary for the fairly easy life today and so a shift in mannerisms may be more psychological than physical. Because of their girlish physical look that was due to something other than testosterone they were treated in a somewhat girlish fashion and that may have become the expectation to which they complied even though they did not possess the actual gender identity to fit that expression. They're neural networks adapted to that expectation and that became the behavior they showed. On the other hand that treatment and expectation can induce a gender shift that has an environmental force driving it. Things are almost always far more complex than they seem to be at first glance.

Platinum Member
    I certainly do not and never have been able to pass as a natural born woman. However, I developed facial hair quite late and have never been particularly hirsute, with fine/thin hair on my arms and legs and a few sparse hairs on my chest. As a teen I was quite self conscious about this, even though I otherwise developed a typical masculine physique.

Yes, I was aware that I was different in my gender identity even then, but it was with a combination of curiosity and fear. I wondered why I couldn?t be normal and avoided giving in to the curiosity for fear that I would find myself on the proverbial slippery slope leading to transition (or whatever it was called way back then).

So to answer the question as it applied to me, I didn’t go all the way because 1) despite minimal body hair, I otherwise saw myself as being to physically masculine, and 2) I hoped for a somewhat normal life and feared losing that opportunity. I suspect fear and life expectations have kept others from going all the way, even if they might conceivably pass as female.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 01-08-2024 at 09:09 AM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Ill never pass as a woman 100% but I do believe in xy chromosome inbalance, I have never had body hair really, I shave my face and it lasts over a week, I shave my legs every 2 weeks, have no chest or back hairs, I shave my eyebrows off and its a month before it even shows again, I have no hairs on my arms. I do believe that I got a bit of a xy imbalance, Im 5' 8" tall and uk shoe size 8. So I feel so lucky to be able to buy womens clothes and shoes off the peg to fit. And yes was teased at school and at work for my looks towards being female they also gave me a girls name.

I have a slight frame, 5ft 6, 145-150, and have been told I have some female facial characteristics. Do I pass? People say I do and I go out frequently with no issues. But people may just not care. I'm always conscious of my surroundings when I go out.
    Last edited by Angela Marie; 01-12-2024 at 10:41 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sugababe, using your argument:

Why don't all the tall, homely, and linebacker looking M to F trans just present as men, then? Where no one will challenge their gender?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Gerrie View Post
    Hair removal and electroconvulsive therapy?
    Sounds like fun.

Regarding the dreaded testosterone. I believe for me, that the drop in T levels is what kicked in my cross dressing. I was always interested in the undergarments but I never went this far before now that I am considered a Senior Citizen.
    Last edited by Natalie5004; 01-08-2024 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sugababe View Post
    I always wonder about the crossdressers that pass as women and have a hard time passing as a male.
    The simple answer is they are not Trans so have no reason to change.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    Sounds like fun.

Regarding the dreaded testosterone. I believe for me, that the drop in T levels is what kicked in my cross dressing. I was always interested in the undergarments but I never went this far before now that I am considered a Senior Citizen.
    I have often wondered if it has made a difference. Perhaps. Some years ago, I took daily T injections. Perhaps it was too little or too late, but despite the boosted T levels, my interest in cross dressing continued to grow. (I think perhaps the after decades of hiding and repression, the growing realization of what was possible may have overwhelmed the hormones!)
    Last edited by kimdl93; 01-10-2024 at 10:16 AM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by sugababe View Post
    Because crossdressers have no desire to "go all the way", perhaps?
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

At 5' 6", I have a very slight frame, which has been described as petite for a man. I also have some feminine features and curves in both face and body and my voice is quite soft. However, I do have some annoying body hair. I believe my body shape is hereditary as my father and grandfather had similar physical traits although maybe not quite as pronounced as mine.

I spent most of my mid to late teens trying to bulk up without much success. I took up boxing for a short while (made the flyweight class) before taking up long distance running for a number of years. Both helped with any self-esteem issues. I was never bullied but I was, and still am at times, subject to jokes / banter about my physique from friends and family, including my wife!

I am quite confident that with the right clothing and a touch of make up I could safely pass as a woman. Maybe I'll find out for certain, one day.

I'm a Cross Dresser and enjoy being so. I'm not Trans. Simple as that.

I get read as a woman no matter what I wear short of wearing a man's coat and tie outfit. There was a time when I was waiting for my wife to use a woman's restroom. I was wearing men's business casual and some woman walks up to me and asks me if I was waiting to use the.woman's restroom. I replied in a voice deep.for.a man that I wasn't. And there are other incidences I got read as a woman even when I was wearing conventional men's attire.
    I have the appearance of a woman but the voice of a man as I sing second bass in my church choir.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 01-09-2024 at 06:35 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Shoulders. My dang shoulders will always be my nemesis. Like I am wearing football pads 24/7. I need panties with hip pads and such. Great legs yet these dang shoulders will never let me be passable.

Aspiring Member
    When I was a fresh-faced teenager, I had a slim body and my face was such that the slightest amount of makeup would be enough for me to pass.
    Time takes its toll, so now I have to be very choosy about what I wear to hide my body shape, and use hip pads, and the quantity of makeup required has increased somewhat.

I just try to do my best to look like a woman. Sometimes it works well!

I wish that was the case with me. I know what my limitations are and try to work with them as best as possible to look the most feminine possible. The hard part with this is trying to not be hyperfeminine what can have the reverse effect. The way I feel now is that I just want to blend in with other women and get the personal satisfaction of living authentically.

The point is not to catch the bunny but to chase it....
    I have always longed to show myself in public. When I finally did it, once, twice, three times, I discovered , that completely no one pays attention to me.
    I slowly got used to women's clothing.
    Crossdressing still attracts me but no longer as it did when going out was only in the realm of imagination.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    Testosterone did a number with body hair, but I have my ways to deal with that, including judicious styles of clothing. I do get self-conscious about my upper arms, but fortunately, my hands and feet lean feminine-looking. What helps most is that I had laser hair removal on my face, so I don't need beard cover. Also, my ears are pierced, so I honestly think that contributes to my overall presentation. My voice could always use some work, but fortunately, it's not too deep. The reality distortion field I seem to generate softens any shock when I open my mouth. And as I've gotten older, it seems like some of my facial features have softened.

And yes, that is me (with makeup and wig, of course) in the avatar. No, I'm not on HRT.
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

I only wish I could get away with that. I have facial and chest hair that won't stay away long enough when I do dress up so the day I plan an outing, I have to shave on that day to stay as clean as possible. My voice is also pretty deep and masculine so it's hard for me to talk and get away with being passable. Probably a good thing that I'm usually a quiet person personality wise.