Thread: What was I thinking

What was I thinking

We have been looking for a piece of furniture for a while now, last week we walked into a furniture store and she instantly fell in love with this one piece. I wasn't to pleased with it and told my wife to let's keep looking. My wife was very disappointed because the price was under what we were looking to spend and she just loved it, but seeing I wasn't happy we left the store.
    An hour later I'm now sitting on the couch fully dressed and I look over at my wife and she gives me a wink and a smirk. I then look down at myself and think to myself "boy what was I thinking not buying that piece of furniture for her". I'm sure she's not the happiest women in the world seeing her husband dressed as a women. I was feeling like such a heel and I felt like a selfish person.
    After work yesterday I went to pick up the piece and brought it home and when she came home from work and seen it she was so happy. When she asked me what made me change my mind, I told her I wanted to see the big smile on her face as the same smile I have when she buys me a dress.
    I told her for all the stuff she has to endure with me the least I could do is live with this ugly unit.
    It is true that in life we take things for granted and it seems like at times we have to step back and think and appreciate what we have. I shared this as a reminder not to be a heel like me and appreciate what we have.

Maria, Yes we need to appreciate what we have as things can change so unexpectedly. Good on going back and getting the piece of furniture, we all need more thoughtfulness
    Crissy

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I don't know what you were thinking. I would have latched on to wife pleased, bonus low price leaves cash for brassieres and stuff, furniture acquisition task complete so now it's back to femland quicker.
    Geez, my wife endures just having to know that I CD or whatever as she calls it. What don't you like about the piece of furniture?. She should have sent you back dressed to get it.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Good move Maria. I just hope you kept the "ugly" epithet to yourself when voicing your comment to your wife. Otherwise you could have scored more points.
    Last edited by DianeT; 01-13-2024 at 08:50 AM.

Platinum Member
    Far be it from me to give marital advice, given my track record. That being said, I always, always deferred to my ex(s) on matters of decor. I recall a woman in a commercial saying to her husband, “you bought this...you have no taste!”
    Last edited by kimdl93; 01-13-2024 at 11:02 AM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    A very good move, it shows your love towards her, as well as it keeps the CD door wide open for you. I call that a win-win situation!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Maria, this is wonderful!

Maria, I wouldn't have called it an ugly unit, but I would have bought her the furniture.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    I think husbands with a desire to wear women's attire, either consciously or subconsciously, defer to their wives on matters of little importance. If my wife were to ever buy me a dress I'd let her redecorate the entire living room.

This is why you two are such great partners - you both have great feelings of empathy towards each other

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    <snip> If my wife were to ever buy me a dress I'd let her redecorate the entire living room.
    Hell, I'd buy her a house. Those who actually have a mate who accepts a crossdresser as a husband, Maria's wife is worth her weight in gold. I guess it's just hard to remember what it's like to constantly only find women who think we're all just perverted.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Well done. In the end we try to make each other happy. My wife and I laugh at how happy we are together.

Just another 'Gurl'
    So glad you went back and get her what she wanted. I too need to remember what my wife does for me and puts up with.
    Just another man in a dress

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maria, nice work!

Now, I think it's you're turn next. So, u can buy the most outrageous thing u like for Maria!

You're an unusually thotful mate, u know?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Good job. Glad you could see it from her perspective. What a great lesson for us all.

Marriage is a relationship that needs give and take, compromise. If you can findsomething that suits you both then all to the good but there are imes when giving way to the others choice is the right thing to do.

I'd say Maria that you do OK out of the relationship so to do this is playing the game well.

Great move Maria. And I love your philosophy on this incident and example. It is what creates happiness. As Helen says, give and take is a large part of success in marriage. When it is all one way or another way, somebody's feelings are going to get hurt a little or a lot. People remember the exceptional giving just as well as the exceptional selfishness. Sadly in this world right now there is a vast surplus of selfishness. A refreshing story, indeed. Thanks.

It's really nice you did that for her.
    A few days ago my wife saw something on QVC she wanted and I told her to get it. She said, "it's nice you indulge me like this". I was standing there in a dress and heels and looked at her and said, "you're the one that indulges me".
    Taking care of each other is key.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It's a good trade: one "ugly" girly "I want it" for "ugly" girly attire on hubby. Win:win.

Smart move correcting the original mistake. You will grow to like the furniture piece.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Its great that you acknowledged the fact that she really liked the and you bought the piece of furniture. I would have left out the ugly part comment. That will be in the back of her mind. Tell her your sorry and if she is happy your happy.