Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too many dresses?

Dress shopping is fun, and I agree you can't have too many, as long as you have closet space. For me though now it's finding cute tops that fit right.
    Melani

I have already reached the point when I have much too many dresses, skirts, high heel shoes, etc. However, I am addicted to buying new treasures all the time.
    For example, I could not resist buying a pair of very sexy golden high heeled mules this week. Now, waiting excited for the shipment!
    To avoid confusion and boring delays when selecting an outfit for a day in the morning, I used to choose anything I like and then to stay in this for the rest of the day.
    Very soon, I feel very comfortable with the choice made.
    If it makes you happy / It can't be that bad
    If it makes you happy / Then why the hell are you so sad?

Happy belated anniversary first of all. As most have said, you can never have enough. After reading through the comments, I feel I may have a problem, lol. I was going through my wardrobe around Christmas and I stopped counting after 200! Don't ask about shoes, lol. But who doesn't like shopping?
    The pictures and content in my posts are owned by me(aka Brooke B, aka BABS) and shall not be copied or reproduced without my authority, and not be used for any purpose or agenda that would be discriminating to my self statue.

Add me to the list; you can't have too many dresses. One of the ladies I worked with (bearing in mind, that I'm still not out), once explained that 'retail therapy' was one of the great joys of being a woman. Then went on to describe the many choices she had to deal with the night before, when she had gone out with her sister, dress shopping.
    I never forgot that. Even though my dress shopping is limited to online, spending an entire day looking through all the available dresses in my size, brightens my mood, and makes me feel better, no matter what the issue of the day was, that was making me unhappy.
    So whenever absolutely necessary, go shop for a new dress.
    It will make you feel just as good, as a new tool does for any guy.
    Sometimes, I will buy both. Covers both needs.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    We have our 40th in a few days. Lost count of my dresses bought and borrowed, many years ago. The internet is a wonderful place in that respect, for those of us in the closet. My wife asked, at christmas, if I would like a new dress or climbing equipment. That's when you know your in the very best of relationships.
    Last edited by Jane G; 03-04-2024 at 02:24 PM.

I have 1/2 a closet for clothes and shoes. Plus a chest of drawers. I am at the point now when I bring in a new dress I have to love it to keep it and and pull out a dress that for some reason I do not love anymore.

I had a strapless heavy Spanish style dress with lots of petticoats and material. I sold it because, I do not have enough boobs to keep it up, and it took so much room in the closet. It was a fun dress though.
    Last edited by Natalie5004; 03-04-2024 at 03:23 PM.

I don?t know if you can have too many but it may reach a point where it becomes too much to manage or store. I only have two skirts but I do have probably 60 nightgowns and they pretty much fill my main dresser. I love them all and always on the lookout for more but I think I?m reaching a point where I may have enough.

I love it! I have a 6 foot wide double tiered hanging rack that is packed to the hilt as well as a full 4 drawer bureau for delicates and lazy Sundays, as I call it. I absolutely love scouring charity shops for gems but my true nemesis is the shop called Torrid. Wonderful chemises, tops, you name it. Worth checking out for sure. Shopping is total therapy for me. 7 years ago I weighed 455 lbs and through attitude changes, better lifestyle choices, and nutritional mindfulness (mostly...French vanilla ice cream is my Achilles heel), and miles of walking I was able to drop down to 197 and holding strong. I have only been CD for a couple of years, I am 54, but the desire was always there since childhood tbh. Anyway it's so nice to be able to shop without being bashful and hating myself and my body. Consequently I have a ridiculously enormous wardrobe. So much that I can actually sort of go shopping in my own collection because I have forgotten about so many of my purchases it's like having new options! My weakness is letting go of the pieces that I have! I pull one off the rack and I think...gosh I might wear that this summer. My gf is an amazing support, but I do not ever leave the privacy of our sanctuary as Emilie. Emilie is my loving, 23 year old self that has been residing in me for years out of mind in one visage or another. However, I only have two pairs of super cute classic 40s heels that I can only ever put on and admire because walking in them AT ALL disturbs my Trump-loving-entitled-white-privilege downstairs neighbors which is a drag. Omg, seriously no pun intended! Lmao. What can I say? I love my options!

Some things just can’t ever happen:

1. You’re too beautiful.
    2. You’re too slim.
    3. You’re too rich.
    R. You have too many dresses.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

My wife has always been a clothes horse with a substantial wardrobe and I always loved clothes shopping for her well before I started dressing. So, she'd have to tread lightly about complaining of the number of anything I have. I have maybe two dozen dresses, almost all casual. Half of those are in sizes that my wife can and does share for around the house. I prefer leggings in cooler weather and I'll be starting to wear my dresses, skirts and dresses soon.

I went through my winter tops a few weeks ago with the thought of culling a few to get some more room. I think i got rid of 2 tops total. I live on the Texas Gulf Coast and winters here don't give a chance to wear a tenth of the winter tops and sweaters i own. So yeah, I have too many winter tops. I know it. But, they're all too nice to get rid of. I have just enough dresses to have a decent rotation in good weather with a couple of nicer items for times that feel special.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller