Thread: Of all days....

Of all days....

I was chauffeuring family to a funeral yesterday. Parked up to go to the post funeral reception and as the passengers got out of the car I glanced down and there in the drivers footwell was one of my false nails just sitting on the carpet. I must have dropped it when changing back to drab on my way home from my week away last November but I thought I'd accounted for the full set when putting everything away but it seems not.

So once everyone had disembarked I quietly picked it up and put it in a glasses case for safe keeping.

This seems a regular occurrence for so many of us. A stray earring, an errant item of underwear, things that turn up long after they were last seen or used, potentially to pose us with difficult explanations. Goes with the turf I suppose.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    It?s easy to miss something. I looked for an errant earring for days to no avail. I was not concerned about it turning up at an inconvenient or embarrassing moment. I just really liked those earrings.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    My wife and I are in a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" marriage. She has not said "boo" to me since the early 1980's; no snide comments or dispersions about cross-dressing in general. She is supportive but it's an issue of NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard). Anyway, on occasion I failed to put away a bra or a panty. All she said was she found it, folded it and placed it where a visitor would not see it. She also found the computer open to this site and mentioned that I may want to be more careful, lest a visitor to our home see the computer open to a cross-dressing site. If a wife is not aware of her husband's cross-dressing, finding a fake nail may provoke a serious conversation.

I have found press on nails, small makeup brushes and a couple other girly items of mine while vacuuming my car when my wife cleans the inside of my car I get a little nervous.

My wife hates the whole Cd thing, but tolerates it to some degree. I just try not to put it in her view. Of course the other day after washing and folding my panties, I walked back into the bedroom later and found a folded pair of my pretty pink panties lying on the floor. I?m sure I dropped a pair. I suspect my wife never walked in there in that time frame, or if she did, just left them. Nothing was said and I quickly put them in my drawer. Easy to happen.

I don't worry about that. If my wife gets upset with me she goes to my girl closet and opens it up and let's me have it.
    Maybe every 6 months or so i hear about my collection of clothes.

I happen to like sparkles. Any time I wear a dress with sequins, some of those little guys escape. They can only be seen from one direction so they're pretty hard to find. I've even seen them in the carpet while walking by, and when I bend over to pick it up, it's gone. They can show up days after the dress was worn.

My wife is not a big fan of my CDing, to say the least. If she has ever found a missing sequin, she hasn't said anything about it. If she says anything, all I can say is, "Whoops".
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Platinum Member
    Hi Helen , It happens to the Best of us, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It happens to all of us, particularly if we are trying to stay under the radar. Today I just had a necklace of small beads break and they went everywhere in the bathroom. Some even were stuck in my blouse which fell in other rooms. I tried to pick them up as best I could, but know there are a few still out and about.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Surely goes with the territory.
    I'm still looking for an earring I lost in one of the cars 6 years ago LOL.

Glad I don't have that worry any longer.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

No matter how careful I am something always escapes. A couple of months ago I was standing in the kitchen and my wife walks up to me and says I found this on the floor and hands me a tag. It was from the dress I wore earlier that day. It was obviously from a female garment because it listed spandex as one of the materials it was made of. The dress is older and I guess it fell off. I didn?t even think to look for a label but I do now.

Well spotted Helen.
    I recall searching for an earring, and worrying it would be found one day.
    I found it, caught up in my wig!

Yep, I'm still looking for the hoop earring I lost weeks ago. It's doing a great job of hiding.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    It's a relief there wasn't a finger still attached.

That could have been any piece of random debris just stuck to someone's shoe before it fell off in the car.
    "Hey? What's this? Did you been pick up a cross-dressed hitchhiker again?"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

There's a scene in the Sopranos where Camilla finds Tony's mistress's fake nail on the floor next to the marital bed. Didn't go well for Tony.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Stuff like this we try to prevent but it could happen. For myself I lost a nail once and it came up about a month later. It's kind of strange how things like that happen. I knew I lost it in the car and looking and looking and couldn't find it but wouldn't you know it a month later it straight in plain view.