Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing for the thrill of it or for a purpose?

I guess you could say i dress for a purpose and that purpose is that it just feels right, normal and natural to me to dress as a woman. Natalie, I don't think you are doing it too often if it feels normal to you.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Hi my dressing is solely for the purpose of pleasing my wife and doing as I'm told, I wasn't a secret crossdresser and only begun with her instructions, any pleasure comes from her.

in the beginning it was the thrill for me. I interpreted it as a sexual thrill back then but now as I look back, more educated and self aware, it was probably a high level of gender euphoria. Now, it's just a matter of authenticity by being my real self as I go about my everyday business.

For me it's for the thrill of it since I don't get out often. Especially with my southern belle dresses, I don't blend in well with public. So any dressing up is usually at home and infront of a large mirror just to see myself in all of my glory. Granted, I wouldn't mind getting out for a photoshoot at a park somewhere in one of my dresses... but a girl can dream, right?

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    It is for the inner well being. My brain has always been in conflict with my body.
    Basically a little less than 65 years ago as a very young kid. I usually state around 5 years old.
    But I really think younger.

There is a thrill to it anytime I get to really dress up. Occasions when I do, though, I usually have some purpose in mind, be it going to meet some other CDrs or going someplace specific or simply putting together an outfit and see how it looks. Still, there are times I work at coming up with that purpose because I want to dress up.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

So, I love dressing as a women and I do it for me. The purpose is to sooth the "female" itch inside me that wants to come out. I have always been like this since I was a kid. I have contemplated HRT's, but I got married and I love my wife and I know she isn't into "women" per-say.

In my case it's probably both. I love romantic lingerie, it's incredibly thrilling to see and feel myself in it, and at the same time I also wear my most romantic lingerie to bed when I want to get my boyfriend sexually excited.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Both, I suppose, primarily to relax and release STRESS, and secondarily for the thrills There IS an erotic element, but also it is fun to feel and look "pretty" and a further "challenge" to try different looks.

Sometimes I am not sure what drives me. I know I like the attention. I love meeting new people and the opportunity to talk with others about my crossdressing habit.

It seems as if just about every time I have self doubt, I end up having a great time during an outing. It keeps me coming back for more. I only dress up to go out now. That is my only purpose, to dress and interact socially.

Additive it is. Life is very different as Sandi

Are we talking about a sexual thrill? If so then yes, definitely when younger.
    Not now though, which is great because the guilt goes also.
    Hugs x

It was definitely for the sexual thrill when I started dressing. It took me the longest time to realise that the feeling of femininity that came from dressing had such a powerful effect on me and feeling sexy was just part of it. Now I dress with the purpose of feeling feminine - it's the side of me I'd been denying for years that makes me feel complete. Yes, sometimes it's a thrill but not always - whereas it always makes me feel content.

Back in my younger years I do it for pleasure but as time goes by its becoming more natural for me to dress feminine.

There are many different components to why I crossdress. However, the bottom line is that when it becomes more trouble than its worth and it's no longer a fun activity, I will simply stop doing it. I have several crossdresser friends that have stopped crossdressing - not because of their partner's disapproval, but because it wasn't as much fun for them as it used to be. I used to not understand that, but I do now.
    Phoebe

I do it because it makes me happier. There?s certainly a thrill component, but mostly I dress to be happier, which I feel is a purpose.

In my younger days, it was more of a thrill. Today, I think of dressing up as purposeful; a natural extension of my personality. It really always has been, but I see that more clearly now.

Normally, I dress for purpose to satisfy my internal woman to feel girly. However, today I had a thrill when having dressed for the first time my new corset with E cups filled with silicon forms. I was so excited, not just sexually but because of approaching my ideal of having well shaped female body with huge tits I was ever dreaming of.

In the beginning as a child it was for the sensation of the feminine clothes upon my skin, which I guess equates to thrill. When adolescene turned to late teens, it certainly was for the thrill of it, so much so I fear the thrill of being "caught" drove alot of my adventures. Then once I was "deflowered", it became again for the thrill but for sexual thrills with men. I suppose humiliation came into play later in life when my pass ability came into question, again that equates to thrill I believe. Now a confined home queen, I suppose it's just to experience femineity again. I noticed the other day, I loved the jingle of jewelry, the weight of heavy earrings, the smell of perfume, the feminine gestures with my hands adorned in XXL sculpted nails, the heels, the breasts.......oh but to experience the thrill of being outside again.....

It didnt start like that for me but it sure has become a stress release and sort of therapy when I become mentally stressed. I like to look at my outfits and see what combinations I can make.

For me the allure of dressing up and feeling sexy cannot be denied, but the ability to take on a persona that lives in the moment and is free from all of my personal baggage at least for a little while is liberating and therapeutic. I find that to take that alter ego out into the real world and interact never gets old!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Like others, in the early years, it was mostly thrill, excitement, and pleasure. Since retirement and thanks to my wonderful supportive wife, I dress daily which is now become my purpose. I enjoy the whole feminine experience, i.e. moisturizer, makeup, shaving, etc.

I like to Crossdress for expression. However, I like to dress up as Wonder Woman every now and again.

funny how things change....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgXSomPE_FY
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I think that I dress for the thrill of it, when I fully dress as a woman and go out like that.
    But on the other hand, panties and pantyhose are part of my everyday life. Skirts or dresses and heels too, when at home, so that became normal for me. No thill involved, except when I have to take them off in a hurry, if someone is ringing at the door.

For me , the purpose of dressing is the thrill I get.