Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dressing for the thrill of it or for a purpose?

When I first tried it out it was curiosity then as time went on it was more for a thrill but then curiosity took over again as I wondered what make up would be like and how I'd look....nowadays I do it because I feel comfortable in a dress or skirt & blouse etc.

I just dress

When I first started, I would have to say it was definitely for the thrill. Fast forward about fifty years, it's now for a purpose. When the day-to-day grind closes in, there is nothing more liberating (satisfying?) than to transform myself (in appearance anyway), into a female. I thoroughly embrace my feminine side and dress to soothe my soul and completely relax most every day. Getting on in years and enjoying my being has brought a whole new meaning to enjoying life!

I will add my name to the growing list of those of you who admit that when we started out years ago it was for the thrill of it and the rush it gave us. Now decades later, there is now a pupose to all of it as I realize how much of it all is the opportunity to express my female side. Yes, I still do waver between the thrill and purpose to thiss vary day especially when I can be Sarah for two or three days while out and about in public. The thrill of being that female of my dreams never wears off. Also, the thrill of how others react and socialize with me is electric.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

I am finding that when I do not dress for 4 days I tend to get into a funk. And I do not know why. I do know that when I do dress I tend to smile more. I think I need to get out of the house and be in the world dressed. I have not done that in a while.

I am finding that my other hobbies do not give me as much joy as they have done in the past. Maybe I am getting closer to needing to start the transform process. Maybe I need to go to see a therapist.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    I just dress
    I'm sorry to disagree, Jacques. But, if u "just dress" why r u on CD.com?

Men "just dress" in men's clothes. But, NOT in women's clothes! There r countless reason why we do. What r yours?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

In the beginning it was for the thrill. I had a desire to wear lingerie and heels during our date night. After a while it progressed to skirts and makeup. Fast forward a year and I got my first dress. My wife has always been accepting and even encouraging, so once we decided to recommit in dresses it?s been full time. I feel it?s an expression of who I am. The purpose is simple I enjoy it

Thrilled especially walking around for date night.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.