Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing for the thrill of it or for a purpose?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Dressing for the thrill of it or for a purpose?

That is the question? When I began and for about the next 15+ years it was for the excitement, thrill, and novelty of it, mostly!

But, that has changed over the last 10 years. Now, my dressing is purpose driven. I only dress for photo shoots, outings, or try on sessions. And, that old, familiar, pleasurable stimulation rarely kicks in while I'm concentrating on what I'm doing rather than relaxing and absorbing the distracting sensations that come with dressing. Sometimes after I finish a shoot those old sensations hit me.
    |
    But, not so often.

Anyone else relate?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well, I am feeling normal in Natalie's clothes. Maybe I am doing this too often.

For me, it is for the thrill. Just can't explain how exciting it feels to be out in public completely as female, dining, trying on dresses, looking through bras and panties, etc. A counselor told me it is my way of playing. Don't really care what it is, just feels so good.

I live full time as a woman so for me it is my way of life.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Platinum Member
    I have no purpose beyond feeling at ease.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have two sets of clothes, male for work and female for leisure. I wear both during the week but at weekends it is usually total female. I have met other cd while dressed and also some male and female friends. Next month I will have my first outing among the public.
    I don't wish to change my gender I just want to change my clothes.

`purpose driven`,,,,Hmm,,,many delightful out comes there at times.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Is there a too much?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Its wonderful to get to the point as when in fem attire one feels `normal`,,,`at ease`

I dress for the thrill of it. There really is no purpose unless you count thrill as the purpose.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The few times I wore my mom's bras and girdles as well as my 1st wife's pantyhose, it was definitely for the thrill of it. However, when I started CDing 3 1/2 years ago, it began as my current wife said something that reminded me of those adventures so many, many years ago. I don't know if I expected the same thrill or not because at just shy of age 75 and having survived prostate cancer surgery, I haven't had a true thrill since 2007. What I do know, is it took about a week of wearing panties to realize I liked them a whole lot more than my tighty whities. Now, a bit over 3 1/2 years into this CD journey, I can say with 100% certainty, I simply feel more comfortable and natural in panties, bras, nylons, forms, ladies' jewelry, and dresses than I ever feel when wearing my drab clothing. I only wish I could dress this way 24/7; but, as a longtime friend of mine says: "If wishes and buts were candy and nuts, what a Merry Christmas we'd have."
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Looking back, the earliest times of trying on femme things when young, I wasn't drawn to wearing them for the thrill although once on there was a certain excitement.

I would say that the lure of women's clothing had a deeper set appeal than thrill seeking and as time has passed any thrill has died away. Yes, going out can get the adrenaline going somewhat but that's not the clothes, it's more the adventure I'm undertaking.

If I had to pick an adjective it would more likely be comfort. Feeling of being in my natural state.

Thrill always !!!, Purpose to look gorgeous !!!!, lol bring it on girls !!!!

I guess I'd have to say "purpose."
    I began this whole journey very young, because I felt "right" in feminine garb. My purpose is trying to look like I feel inside.

Sure, there was a certain "thrill" to it in the beginning, but it was more like the thrill a teenager gets from passing their driving test - FREEDOM!
    And like the drivers' license, it's become more of a "regular" thing, but I still like it and can't imagine my life without it.

When Im out in public its for the thrill of it at home it is just pure enjoyment and relaxation.

I am dressing for purpose which is to feel like a woman and to become a woman for some time.
    My feminized brain requires that. When already in a female mode I feel the thrill and a sweet accomplishment.
    I think it is more about femininity itself than crossdressing in my case.

Maybe it's because opportunities to dress are limited at the moment, but for me it's the thrill and excitement. There is, however, an underlying ongoing purpose which is to try, where and if possible, to improve my feminine appearance when said opportunities arise. Not sure if that makes any sense. I could've worded things a bit better, perhaps.

I guess it depends.
    I just feel comfortable when wearing nice clothing. the feel is still important and definitely have not progressed to drab female attire just to wear female clothing. As for the thrill, well I don't have any male undergarments, and my selection is mainly silks, or synthetic equivalent that these days is just normal. At times I might use lingerie items that just by their nature and meant to thrill and excite.
    As is Summer down here am spending a lot of my time just wearing one piece swimsuits around the house and over at my girlfriends.
    There its casual as we don't have many visitors, so dresses are the norm. Home is a bit different as still have 2 adult children residing, they are aware of my choices but I choose (when they are around) not too show that increasing part of my life. Have had 7 days to myself and am expecting that to continue till the weekend as that's when they will return from ex's.
    I have been quite busy cleaning up and sorting through my collection (donating some to charity) and reorganising wardrobes. Amazing how those shoes just build up. Getting work done to have dresser made more usable with better lighting so as to be able to practice make-up at home rather than have it done for me at other place in preparation to going out more frequently and during the day.
    So yes I suppose I do get the thrill but its for a look.

Banned Read only
    Donning women's clothing use to stimulate the juices when I was a teenager, followed by loathing and disgust. Later, I found wearing women's clothing offered an escape from work stress and combat related PTSD. Now, if given the opportunity it's relaxation. I feel the same, whether attired in a dress and heels or a pair of my grubby cutoff men's jeans and tee-shirt.

Of course I can relate.
    My early years were certainly driven by the excitement and thrill of the "forbidden".
    As time went on it dissipated to the point where now it's just because I feel like the true me so much more than that drab imposter.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Yes during times in my past when tried on what ever women's clothing I had available to me, it was for the thrill- a real puberty thing most of us have gone thru. Now, it's because while I will never" pass"-and really don't have a desire to- it's more that I like the feel and the look. Like wearing nail polish or a bra or panties, sleeping in a night gown and more.
    Pink is more than a color: its an attitude!

I came out, at least to myself, as trans last year. You wouldn't think it was tough to admit it to yourself but trust me it was. I dress because I want to be seen as a woman.

I used to be the thrill, and the sexual excitement (I believe that's common here). But nowadays it's more, just, normal. Comfort is also a big part of it, but it's hard to explain the bra when you're talking comfort. I'm going with normal.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I omitted it in my OP but I would certainly consider trans dressing to express their woman inside feelings as being purpose driven!

However, I also feel sad that u never get a thrill from it. Because presenting fully as a woman often or every day can be a lot of work!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Heather, your story is similar to mine. I have survived prostate cancer (radiation rather than surgery). I am a year older than you and my of twenty-nine years is accepting.
    And soon, "Tip's old comrades stared in wonder...and then every head bent in honest admiration of the lovely Princess Ozma."
    "The girl turned to her old friends. "Speaking the words with a sweet diffidence, she said, 'I hope none of you will care less for me than you did before. I'm just the same Tip, you know, only--only--' "
    " 'Only you're different,' said the Pumpkinhead."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I really only under dress. I guess you could say there's some thrill involved. It's not a sexual thrill. It's just that knowing panties and a bra are the first things I put on in the morning makes me very happy. Every day starts off as a happy day.

My dressing has never had a lot to do with thrills, at least not sexual thrills. But, the only purpose that I could credit my dressing with is the peace that I feel when I allow myself to explore my true taste. The only problem is that that peace with a tension in my marriage. My wife doesn't want me to be the man who would wear what I wear. It doesn't fit her idea of manhood. But, I don't really think I ever met her idea of what manhood should look like. So, instead of trying to meet some mysterious standard that she'd appreciate, i struck out on my own to find who I am and what my taste would be.