Thread: Offended and Happy at the Same Time!

Offended and Happy at the Same Time!

Had an interesting experience while out on a coastal walk with my wife on Saturday. We were wearing winter clothing; woolly hats, scarf, gloves etc. We stopped at a pop-up coffee shop to buy some hot drinks. The guy cheerily asked, ?What can I get you, girls??.

I am sometimes the subject of friendly banter from my wife, in-laws and friends for having some rather feminine features, so it came as no surprise when my sweet loving wife burst into a fit of the giggles.

The guy was mortified when he discovered that I was a bloke. He gave me a free hot chocolate because he thought he?d really offended me. My outer male persona tried its best to be mildly offended; My inner closet CD persona was ecstatically happy for the rest of the weekend!

The hot chocolate was delicious.

I also had that reaction when I had my long hair. "Welcome Ladies. pick any table you like". I loved it. My wife said to me, "get a haircut."
    Last edited by Natalie5004; 01-23-2024 at 09:34 AM.

Platinum Member
    Hey, it was good for a free cup of hot chocolate and, yeah my inner girl would have been tickled to death.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I think that any one of us who reads your post would agree with you about being ecstatically happy.
    Crissy

WOW!! Not dressed en femme and he said that? Can I assume when dressed you pass quite well? Enjoy anything you can get in the way of being taken for a lady. It's all good.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

When I dress and look in the mirror, I think I could pass quite well with a slight touch of make up, but that is in the comfort of my home when alone. The reality could be quite different if I was to ever venture into the big wide world beyond my front door. The true reality, though, is that no one has ever seen me dressed as such, apart from a few 'body side on' pictures in the picture gallery, to provide an opinion. Having said that, Saturday's events have given me a confidence boost, as well as some validation, that maybe I could pass quite well from a facial point of view.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-23-2024 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours - thanks.

I would have been more happy than offended.It sounds like a great confidence boost.

When the Georgia State Trooper didn't give me a ticket because he "ma'am"ed me as he walked up to me (I was wearing a normal t-shirt and never wear makeup, but my hair was in a ponytail). I wasn't offended, actually thought it was funny, but he didn't know that.

Platinum Member
    My Wife says your nails are starting to look Feminine,

I say Thanks, She says , That was not a Compliment,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That happened to me with my so in the pantyhose dept of a shop
    When the lady realised she didn’t say anything and I didn’t get any free pantyhose
    But it does make me ask if I’m a bit too girly in manmode?with the hair and how I dress
    It didn’t make me feel too good really

Never had an encounter like that when not dressed. I don't know how I'd feel.
    I do know that when I am dressed and out I relish it when someone says something like that.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U r quite fortunate, Leah. With my ugly old male mug I have 3 chances of passing up close: Zero, none, and less than none!

And, that's when I'm done up so well guys in clubs r often attracted to me. From BEHIND!
    They walk around in front to check me out then run away screaming!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!