Thread: Who began CDing in their senior years?

Who began CDing in their senior years?

Megan started a thread "Who's dressing more as they get older?" Because I didn't begin CDing until I was age 74, it made me wonder who else didn't start cross dressing until into their 60s or 70s. By that, I suspect most of us may have had very limited experience trying on our mother's lingerie or a sister's pair of panties as children, but did not expand on those few episodes until we were much older. I spent the years of roughly age 13 to age 15 trying on my mother's bras and girdles (with garter belts attached) a total of maybe 10 - 15 times. I also tried on my 1st wife's pantyhose a total of 5 times in 17 years. My current wife and I have been married 40 years and I just started true CDing 3 1/2 years ago. So, how many of those older ladies out there found their inner lady late in life?
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Heather, maybe not as quite your age, I did start later in life after years of only thinking and dreaming about it. It will be 26 years ago that I finally decided to take the plunge at 49 years old. Over the next 11 to 12 years I gradually started to purchase items and experiment with creating my femme look and attitude. Fast forward to when I reach my 60s and with more time due to an "empty nest" and the internet I now become serious about details and meeting others to evolve into the woman I would always want to be. I am in my 70s now with a treasure of real friends and the confidence to be out and about in public. One last thought, over this span of two decades, my wife has evolved also and now she understands and accept that Sarah is truly a part of me. That might be the the one thing that allowed this all to happen.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

I began when I was 52 I seem to remember. I am 77 now.

I crossdressed from 7years of age to about 18. Went off to college, got married, etc. and only was interested in my wife wearing nice lingerie. Then looked up crossdressing on the internet at around 60 and that relit the desire to crossdress. I am very private about it ( very introverted personality). My wife is aware and accepts me in panties. Beyond that I crossdress more fully in private

I started at age 46, wearing panties and nightgowns, wife not accepting. Gradually built a collection of clothing with her knowledge but firmly DADT. Recently she has somewhat changed, ordering clothing & nightgowns for me. I'm able to wear them in her presence but only in the house. We have not discussed why the change. I'm 87.

Platinum Member
    In some sense, I began in pre-school age. That being said, I did not attempt to fully present myself as a woman until I was in my late 50s.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Heather I just started CD'ing Sep of 2022 and I was 64 at the time. Since starting to crossdress there are time when I wish I had started about 40 years ago. I don't crossdress for any sort of sexual thrill, I do it because it just feels so right, normal and natural to dress like a woman.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

I started in 2010 with panties at age 55. Now, I'm retired and my male/female wardrobe is about 50/50. My daily outfit at home is 10/90 male/female. Yet, the beard remains.
    Last edited by Bea_; 01-24-2024 at 08:55 AM.

It depends on how you define "senior", but i didn't begin my CD experimenting until about eight years ago, when i was 41.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I started at age 69. The thought never even occurred to me as a child or teen.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Like Kris, I never thot about wearing women's things until 50!

But, I've come a long way since then, baby!

I'm 80 now but I feel more like 50. So, when I'm Sherry I refuse to look or act 80!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Heather, I started dressing when I was about 4 years old, so 70 years before you did. Crossdressing has been my only constant for the last 58 years.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    I started cross dressing as a young child.
    As a teenager in the 70s I had quite long hair and a fairly androgynous face and just some lipstick and slight restyling of my hair was enough to look convincing.
    I was probably about 14 the first time I dressed fully and actually ventured outside.

My first dress was at age 4. Throughout my childhood, I secretly dressed now and then. Sometimes around age 40, I decided that there were some men's clothing I would never wear again. At nearly 60, I am less inclined to care what others think. At work, I present as a male who wears women's clothing, but for professional reasons I keep things minimal. Out of deference to my wife, I also keep a low profile. She prefers her family and our children not know, though I do think they suspect.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I guess I fall into this group. I did start wearing some of my mothers things when around 9 or 10 and continued to wear my wife's clothes when she wasn't home sometimes. But never full dressed till I retired when my wife asked me about it and I told her everything, she was OK with it and even bought me my first heels and bra. From there it has grown a lot, we go out together and share a lot of our clothes.

I have been crossdressing for 65 years, does that count?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Not me. I started when I was 4 or 5.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.