Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many have been crossdressing before starting a family?

I started dressing after we had been married with two boys, it was a need that I could not avoid anymore really affecting my mental being. My wife did eventually accept this as she said "If it makes you happy you should do it". We both agreed that the children, relatives, friends and work, need not know, and my wife preferred not to see me dressed. So I worked around all this and found ways and time to dress and occasionally go out and meet tgirl friends I had met at events. When my kids were both in school and my wife volunteered at a school I was able to take a long lunch and dress at home. I so looked forward to Thursdays dressing make up the works. Today kids grown I have many opportunities but am content with occasional dress time and a few trips to Tgirl events. I have been a much happier person, I know the need varies for everyone I feel lucky to be able to find a time to dress and be the girl when I feel the desire.

Hi Jessica,

I've been dressing since my early teens, and from the beginning my wife knew and was very supportive. When we had kids, we decided that we would be very open with them about it. I have never been very feminine, just enjoyed wearing women's clothing. So my kids grew up seeing me wearing nightgowns, skirts, heels, and stuff around the house. Now we live in a very liberal town, and my kids have all had close friends who transitioned at different times in their lives. My oldest decided to transition MTF at 35. I think you have to decide how you want to handle it in your situation.

Kate Sometimes

Thanks for sharing your stories.
    It seems that I will have to cross that bridge when it gets here. Its good to know there are some out there that took the opportunity to be honest with their children growing up. That's what I would like to do, and my wife is totally on board but I still have thoughts on how it may effect my future children which I need to find a way to get over.
    Without bringing politics into it much, I will touch on the fact that I am a conservative and while most think that you can't be the way you are and be that at the same time is wrong. I have changed my views on certain topics over the years and am understanding now on certain struggles some face. The reason I bring it up is most of my family is conservative, and come from a Hispanic/catholic back ground. A lot of the older generation wont understand what I do and probably consider it a sin, and I've always feared disownment. While I do have my brother, mom and cousin that know and support me it only makes up a drop in the bucket when it comes to my family. This plays into while raising a child how will I avoid that part getting exposed since children say whatever they want when there young lol
    Idk, like I mentioned I hope to talk this out with my therapist next week and see if I can come to a solution.
    I really appreciate everyone who has shared their stories

-Jessica

I've been dressing since I was 13, and since 15 on a regular basis. Not married/no kids yet, just a boyfriend.

I think this thread has been mis understood. My main question was to see if anyone continued to crossdress going into starting a family and the original concerns I had in my op. Not how long you have been dressing.
    I want to dress for the foreseeable future and I don't want to give any part of myself up, let alone feel like I would have to box all of my stuff up and revisit this in 18 years (my 50s) which my wife said I do not have to do. I just wanted to see how others made it work in my similar situation where my wife has no problem with it. I am the one coming up with the concerns for some reason.
    Just wanted to clear things up.

Jessica, thanks for the clarification of the OP. For me it was not as much of an issue, we believe that two of our four children were conceived while I was CDing, both were girls, not that I believe it had much to do with that outcome! Now my bigger problem is that two of them have seen me while dressed, both accidents when I was sure no one was going to be home, bad planning on my part!

I have been a crossdresser since I was 10 or 11 years old. I usually wear pantyhose bras and panties whenever I have the chance. I really thought that I was going to get out of the closet those years but until now that I have started my own family I still am in the closet and continue dressing specially nowadays that I am often home alone. Starting my own family didn't stop me from crossdressing because as years goes by wearing feminine clothes is becoming natural for me and I am going to embrace this side of myself.

Glad I could clear things up. That is something I don't want to happen. I don't want to have to hide my dressing and worry about getting busted by children. I just need to figure out a way that I can be honest with my future child and try to explain that this is a part of my life.
    I like you Nathalia feel like women's clothing is normal to me, and I don't really see it as CDing.
    Every time I ask my wife if she is ok with me presenting daily as a woman she says "nope, you are just being you". She completely understands me and its a side of me that means everything to me.

Hi Jessica. That?s a great question that you?ve posed. I too have a similar situation and I want to be open with my kids, but at the same time, don?t want them to know. My wife is against anyone knowing, but I think that time will tell. There are large differences telling a 3-year old, vs 13-year old, vs 30-year old. Do I want to wait 30 years to tell my kid, no. But do I want a 13-year old telling their friends and them telling their parents who I?ll see at youth sports games, no. I feel that this is a feel type thing. When the feeling is right, the timing will be right.

i have been doing it since childhood and i now have a 13 month old daughter and its something that crosses my mind and we both agreed that it is best to not hide it from her but i will say i rarely do it atm because well i got alot to do these ha ha but i would say not to worry too much as society is changing for the better i mean if today's teenagers and young adults are so openminded and queer friendly like never before i suspect the following generations will also be cool too. just expect that you wont be able to do it as much if it is not a part of your daily life.

I started before I had a family, I grew my hair, cut bangs, pierced my ears and started wearing hoop earrings, and started wearing lace-up high-heeled boots, although I hid them under bell-bottoms. Later I took a break and my current wife brought back the desire to further explore. I got back to all of that and added women's underwear and sometimes dresses, long nails. Sometimes I have the impression that she would rather have me have breasts than I want to myself but with children I try to look unisex. I cover my breasts and hoop earrings with hair, I cover my heels with pants.